• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable... out already???

I received notification from Solrak who was purchasing ESPN NFL yesterday, that his Gamestop had a ton of Fable copies available and on display. I grilled him about it possibly being a demo or promo box. The man was adamant that they were official game copies.

Um, is he crazy?

belgurdo

Banned
If true, In before whining

edit: I remember now...they're like DVD movie demos or something. I got confused too when I saw them

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Sal Paradise Jr said:
I received notification from Solrak who was purchasing ESPN NFL yesterday, that his Gamestop had a ton of Fable copies available and on display. I grilled him about it possibly being a demo or promo box. The man was adamant that they were official game copies.

Um, is he crazy?

I've seen them too. They are demos.

IJoel

It's probably the pre-order bonus which has the same boxart with a blue background instead of a reddish/orange one.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Sal Paradise Jr said:

Um, is he crazy?
Maybe not crazy, but very wrong.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
mrslave.jpg

jesus christ

Yup...I'm crazy. Just called the Gamestop that had the FABLE boxes in the display cases with the rest of the other new Xbox games. The guy told me it was a promo for a DVD or something. I was fooled very good but I'm telling you, if you would have seen those cases, you would have thought the same.

FABLE - 9/6/04 :(

Soul4ger

Cmdr. Solrak said:
Yup...I'm crazy. Just called the Gamestop that had the FABLE boxes in the display cases with the rest of the other new Xbox games. The guy told me it was a promo for a DVD or something. I was fooled very good but I'm telling you, if you would have seen those cases, you would have thought the same.

Actually, I wouldn't have been fooled, since they're completely different from the revealed packaging. They're purple, for God's sake, not orange. There's your tip-off.

Matlock

Banned
I saw the very same box sitting at the back of the display case of EB a couple of days back...thought it was the game, but decided it just couldn't be.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
As has been said, its not a fable demo, its the pre-order bonus disk with a sudeki demo and some fable interviews.

Cmdr. Solrak said:

what? my gamestop has the exact same setup with the fable boxes in the case, but i didnt think the same exact thing....

Top Bottom