• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable (Xbox) - $30.99 with free shipping

Megat0n

Outpost.com is offering the upcoming Fable (Xbox) for $30.99, down from the $49.99 that others will be asking. Fable is a HUGE RPG that is set to ship on September 14th and is receiving excellent reviews thus far. Standard shipping is also free!

This is the absolute lowest price you will find it for so if you are interested, you should order right away!

Fable (Xbox) - $30.99 with free shipping

from dealrush.com

I dont know, i wasnt planning on picking it up but at this price it is very tempting....

Triumph

Banned
Atlanta just got a Fry's, and I checked it out the other day.

Oh. My. GOD.

It's the size of like 4 Best Buys. There are 40 checkout lanes. It's chock full of cheap, incredible goodness. I don't know how I lived before this!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Raoul Duke said:
Atlanta just got a Fry's, and I checked it out the other day.

Oh. My. GOD.

It's the size of like 4 Best Buys. There are 40 checkout lanes. It's chock full of cheap, incredible goodness. I don't know how I lived before this!

Welcome to the club! The only problem with Fry's (at least here in the bay area) is that the customer service reps don't really know how to speak English. That or they just...suck. But I'm not complaining when you can buy games like BURNOUT 3 for $34.99

Mason

Wario64 said:
Welcome to the club! The only problem with Fry's (at least here in the bay area) is that the customer service reps don't really know how to speak English. That or they just...suck. But I'm not complaining when you can buy games like BURNOUT 3 for $34.99

Why is BO3 listed as $49.99 online then? Shouldn't it be a similar price?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fry's B&M prices and Outpost.com prices are not the same

And rarely (if ever) does outpost.com out do Fry's prices, which is why I assume Fable will be $30 at Fry's next week

Deku Tree

I wanted the pre-order bonus disk but $20 off is too good to pass up.
ORDERED from outpost and cancelled from gamestop.

Mrbob

Nice. For 31 bucks I don't have to hold out for Fable 1.5. :p

BTW I hate you all that have a Fry's retail location nearby.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
buy buy buy buy buy work and buy work and buy sometimes eat work and buy

A few days ago Outpost.com sent me an email saying Fable was backordered (I had it for 39.99), so I cancelled and planned to wait for Fable to get discounted at some point in the future. However, this deal is way too good to pass up.

myzhi

Banned
How do I get the free shipping? I added the game to the cart, but even though it says free shipping next to the item, it shows "Ground shipping starts at $4.83" below.

I preordered Fable at EB today. The first thing I found when I got home was a post on CAG mentioning this sale. Needless to say, I'll be getting my $5 back from EB tomorrow.

Bog

Junior Ace
myzhi said:
How do I get the free shipping? I added the game to the cart, but even though it says free shipping next to the item, it shows "Ground shipping starts at $4.83" below.

It does it on the last screen.

SKluck

Banned
Did I get shanked? Picked ground shipping, got charged 6 fucking bucks for it. Total $37. Shipping savings -0.00. WTF?

SKluck

Banned
fuck.jpg

cry cry cry.

SKluck

Banned
Seriously, is there some secret to this? Or do they just hate michigan or something? It's not over a pound and they don't even charge me the normal rate ~5 bucks. Fuckers.

Oddly enough it seems I ordered mine from the same site for $30.99. Ground shipping came out to be $0.0 so it was $30.99 total.

SKluck

Banned
If only...

fuck2.jpg

I sent them an email, hopefully they change it, but at least explain why.

This is fucking shady. Now it says 30.99 on the item page, and like goodcow says, when you add it to your cart it is 49.99. Just like how it has that stupid truck free shipping icon on the item page, and you add it to your cart and the icon is gone, yet I add other free shipping stuff to my cart and THAT stuff ships free and has the icon in the cart.

Shady.

goodcow said:
Yes. When I add it, it adds it for $49.99. Earlier, it added it for $30.99, but I hadn't decided on whether or not to purchase it.
Same problem. I hope the deal hasn't ended. I'm gonna check it out again tomorrow.

goodcow

UPDATE: I called, and said:

"Yes, I'm calling about a product on the website listed at $30.99 with free shipping, but when I add it to my cart it shows up as $49.99 and I have to pay for shipping."

"Are you calling about Fable for X-Box?"

"... yes."

And then I ordered it over the phone at the $30.99 price that they're honoring.

goodcow

SKluck said:
They are live at 8PM on labor day? Damn.

I had to wait about fifteen minutes to talk to somebody, and at first, thought perhaps nobody was there, and they forgot to change the repeating "please hold" message, but yeah, at least one person is there.

Yeah, I called up too; took about 10 minutes or so.

Heh... I feel bad for her if she's the only one working tonight, and keeps getting all these calls from internet geeks spreading the word about this offer.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
goodcow said:
Yes. When I add it, it adds it for $49.99. Earlier, it added it for $30.99, but I hadn't decided on whether or not to purchase it.

WTF on the item page it says 30.99 but when I add it to my cart it goes up to 49.99....

EDIT: <reads earlier parts of thread>

Guess I'll have to make a phone call a bit later.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Deal is supposed to start today according to a rumor.

Best thing to do right now is to call them.

1-877-OUTPOST
Item # 4015482

DarienA

TekunoRobby said:
Deal is supposed to start today according to a rumor.

Best thing to do right now is to call them.

1-877-OUTPOST
Item # 4015482

Yup just called them Paul answered the phone and placed my order no problem, grand total $30.99.

What a bargain!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
DarienA said:
Yup just called them Paul answered the phone and placed my order no problem, grand total $30.99.

What a bargain!
Rick helped me out, $30.99 and free ground shipping, HOW CAN YOU RESIST?

shoplifter

Awesome, got mine. Now here's hoping that KUF will pick a damned price.

edit: just checked the website to track, and its showing up as $49.99...hopefully that's a website issue. Probably is since they told me $30 over the phone.

DarienA

shoplifter said:
Awesome, got mine. Now here's hoping that KUF will pick a damned price.

edit: just checked the website to track, and its showing up as $49.99...hopefully that's a website issue. Probably is since they told me $30 over the phone.

Hmm it's showing 49.99 for me now too when it earlier it was showing 30.99. They may have pulled the special already.

DarienA

crawlingpeter said:
does anyone know when itll actually leave their warehouse? im a little scared about this free ground shipping..

What's to be scared about? UPS ground shipping is quite reliable. If you're one of those people that NEEDS to have this game as soon as it comes out. This is not the way to go.

Top Bottom