• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: London devs will “downgrade” Fallout 4 to save their massive mod

Laptop1991

Good, loads of PC gamers have downgraded from the useless update on PC anyway, i didn't even update to it, we could of been playing FL all this time, better late than never i suppose.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Only Bethesda is capable of retroactively fucking up Fallout 4, more than the state they already left it in.
Some speculate it was to screw with Fallout London mod, and less to do with giving us this Next-Gen Fallout 4 Experience.
I had planned to play through and redownloaded it... nope. After a week of reading impressions and finally getting a day off, I uninstalled it and started other games.

A game I liked to play around in here and there, now I don't even want to redownload it because of how messed up the update is.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
It was the only option from day 0. Brave of them to even give it a try, but Microsoft and Bethesda dropping the update days before the release date for this was a huge middle finger, specially given the state of the update. In fact, I'd say we've been down this road so many times by now that we need actual legislation that states once the game has been out for X amount of time, the publisher should be forced to create a new SKU (like the GOTY versions of the old days) instead of simply releasing a half baked patch and disrupting the entire community around a game that was dormant and being actively worked on by the community.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Only Bethesda is capable of retroactively fucking up Fallout 4, more than the state they already left it in.
Some speculate it was to screw with Fallout London mod, and less to do with giving us this Next-Gen Fallout 4 Experience.
I had planned to play through and redownloaded it... nope. After a week of reading impressions and finally getting a day off, I uninstalled it and started other games.

A game I liked to play around in here and there, now I don't even want to redownload it because of how messed up the update is.
Get it on GoG, should be pretty cheap on their current sale.

StereoVsn

It was the only option from day 0. Brave of them to even give it a try, but Microsoft and Bethesda dropping the update days before the release date for this was a huge middle finger, specially given the state of the update. In fact, I'd say we've been down this road so many times by now that we need actual legislation that states once the game has been out for X amount of time, the publisher should be forced to create a new SKU (like the GOTY versions of the old days) instead of simply releasing a half baked patch and disrupting the entire community around a game that was dormant and being actively worked on by the community.
There is no need for diff SKUs. Many other companies use beta branches for previous version patches.

It’s just Bethesda couldn’t be bothered to do a bare minimum to support their customers.

Top Bottom