• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

it's so hard to lower my karma without going and killing a bunch of innocent people. I killed all the powder gangers in the NCRCF and now my karma is Very Good. I'm trying to stay at neutral.

Why I would get positive karma for straight up murdering a whole group of people, I have no idea.

Jerk

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
that sucks, losing boone is worse than losing anyone in the game imo just cause he is so Fucking beast. best companion imo.

I label him as being the worst; he sucks too much of the fun out of too many encounters.

JodyAnthony said:
it's so hard to lower my karma without going and killing a bunch of innocent people. I killed all the powder gangers in the NCRCF and now my karma is Very Good. I'm trying to stay at neutral.

Why I would get positive karma for straight up murdering a whole group of people, I have no idea.

It's the Dexter approach. My advice is to steal a bunch of shit. Even when you steal from bad people, it usually negatively affects your karma.

Kurtofan

JodyAnthony said:

Yeah also for killing feral ghouls too.
I mean it's like killing mentally unstable people.

Feral Ghoul Reavers are in this game, right? I thought I saw one once. If so, he was about a million trillion times easier than the ones in Broken Steel. The ones I fought in Broken Steel were glitched and took about 10 minutes to take one down, even with Charon tanking and blasting away.

Coverly said:
You can send companions back to Lucky 38 instead of their place of origin?

Also, what are some nice clothing mods? Veronica looks really out of place with that T45 armor walking around the strip.

yea, you just tell them ul meet them at lucky 38. you have to acquire lucky 38 first I believe.

also, i put the space suit and space helmet on boone. looks funny as hell always

Kurtofan

SlipperySlope said:
Feral Ghoul Reavers are in this game, right? I thought I saw one once. If so, he was about a million trillion times easier than the ones in Broken Steel. The ones I fought in Broken Steel were glitched and took about 10 minutes to take one down, even with Charon tanking and blasting away.
I didn't play BS but they're pretty weak in this game.

tokkun

SlipperySlope said:

Yeah, Reavers are much weaker. Glowing Ones are stronger than Reavers in New Vegas.

Reavers are fairly rare, but there are a big group of them in one of the Southern areas of the map.

edgefusion

I lost Boone, I am cry. :( He's been missing for several in game days and its totally killed my will to play anymore. Any ETA on the 'comprehensive' patch?

lupin23rd

Fallout wiki mentions that going to vault 22 andtaking the elevator to level 5 will restore any lost companions (that you should still have with you). I lost Rex and it worked for me.

tokkun

lupin23rd said:
Fallout wiki mentions that going to vault 22 andtaking the elevator to level 5 will restore any lost companions (that you should still have with you). I lost Rex and it worked for me.

I think that only works for companions who disappear while still in your party, not companions who disappear after you tell them to go back to the Lucky 38.

The Vault 22 elevator restored my lost ED-E (who people still referred to as in my party), but not my lost Boone (who I had sent back but never appeared in the Lucky 38 or Novac). I had to use the dev console to get him back.

jambo

Now I'm worried. I sent Boone back to Lucky 38 a few hours back in my play through. I hope he's there =o

EDIT: what console command did you use?

Ricker

After 50 hours and level 28,I finally found Veronica hehe...so I let Lilly go for a bit,running around with her and Rex for now...got surprised last evening by a pack of Mr.Gutsy or something,I hadn`t saved in a while also and they finally got me since my 2 companions fell uncounscious...

I really don`t like the way the main quest is going,I hope I can do something about it...

obonicus

Fixed2BeBroken said:
that sucks, losing boone is worse than losing anyone in the game imo just cause he is so Fucking beast. best companion imo.

He's a monster, but he changes how you play the game. I thought the Legion conned hostile by default until I switched companions.

Wiggum2007

The next 360 patch better fix the Vault 11 turret/House faction issue. I really, really, don't want my last month's 50 hours worth of playtime to have been for nothing. =(

Wallach

Wiggum2007 said:
The next 360 patch better fix the Vault 11 turret/House faction issue. I really, really, don't want my last month's 50 hours worth of playtime to have been for nothing. =(

Did it already affect you, or are you avoiding it until such a fix appears?

Wiggum2007

Wallach said:
Did it already affect you, or are you avoiding it until such a fix appears?

Already did :(. Playing on 360, my oldest save is from 20 hours earlier but that save is also glitched, as I'd been through Vault 11 even at that point. I guess normally when you kill the turrets the "Quest Failed: The House Always Wins" message pops up, but my game seems to have a little bug where the sound effect for a quest being completed/failed plays, but the text for it doesn't appear on screen. So combined with the fact that I hadn't heard about the Vault 11 glitch at the time, I just kept playing thinking nothing was wrong.

Finally decided to go to the Strip after 50 hours of play yesterday and a dead Victor, hostile Securitrons, and a non-working elevator greeted me in the Lucky 38. Awesome.

Wallach

Wiggum2007 said:
Already did :(. Playing on 360, my oldest save is from 20 hours earlier but that save is also glitched, as I'd been through Vault 11 even at that point. I guess normally when you kill the turrets the "Quest Failed: The House Always Wins" message pops up, but my game seems to have a little bug where the sound effect for a quest being completed/failed plays, but the text for it doesn't appear on screen. So combined with the fact that I hadn't heard about the Vault 11 glitch at the time, I just kept playing thinking nothing was wrong.

Finally decided to go to the Strip after 50 hours of play yesterday and a dead Victor, hostile Securitrons, and a non-working elevator greeted me in the Lucky 38. Awesome.

Well, I am not sure a patch is going to help at that point. On the other hand it certainly shouldn't stop you from finishing the game.

Wiggum2007

Wallach said:
Well, I am not sure a patch is going to help at that point. On the other hand it certainly shouldn't stop you from finishing the game.

Yeah, it's just kinda crushing knowing that the option of that whole branch of the main questline is now closed off to me. And at the same time it's taken me a whole month to get this far, so I don't want to even imagine restarting. Best part is I think I just came in here a few days ago and posted about how lucky I was to have had such a glitch/bug free experience so far compared to everyone else. :lol

man it gets harder and harder every day trying to avoid this game. i absolutely loved FO3, but i convinced myself not to pick this up until it goes on sale for black friday because 1) i am poor and 2) because of all the bugs. the thing is, i'm leaving the country for about a month on december first, so i'll have to wait even longer before i get to play it :C but the $35 price point at kmart makes it so hard to give in.

jett said:
Got utterly bored and uninterested in the game after 20 hours. Fallout 3 > NV.
Fallout 3 was lifeless and dull.

New Vegas (Real Fallout 3(TM)) forever.

PS: Again, fuck Cazadores. I took out a cave of Deathclaws and
the Legendary Deathclaw
with sneaking, C-4 traps, and sniper headshots, then I walked into a cave full of Cazadors and died in like 5 seconds as they swarmed me, punched through my Power Armor, and murdered me. Christ damn.

Timber

EmCeeGramr said:

The opinion that Fallout 3 is lifeless and dull is so lifeless and dull. Lazy.

Just finished the game. Cool. Think I'll write a review, post it in that thread.

Pimpbaa

Trick_GSF said:
Man, that sucks : (

You should always hard save when playing Fallout. Like every 30 minutes or so.

You should always have many saves when playing a Bethesda game. Hell, I do that for every game that allows it.

Fallout 3 was awesome and goty 2008. New Vegas is differently awesome and tba goty 2010.

I think Fallout 3 had a more interesting world and locations while New Vegas has much better characters that populate it.

EmCeeGramr said:

PS: Again, fuck Cazadores. I took out a cave of Deathclaws and
the Legendary Deathclaw
with sneaking, C-4 traps, and sniper headshots, then I walked into a cave full of Cazadors and died in like 5 seconds as they swarmed me, punched through my Power Armor, and murdered me. Christ damn.

flame thrower + veronica or another good companion worked for me until I got maxed out my gun skill. just be careful she doesn't get swarmed because she will stupid herself to death.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SlipperySlope said:

Yeah, those Ghouls as well as the Super Mutant+ and Scorpion+ just ruined that entire expansion for me. If they were bosses at the bottom of a cave or at the end of a quest then fine. But that they randomly showed up so often just pissed me off.

Timber said:
The opinion that Fallout 3 is lifeless and dull is so lifeless and dull. Lazy.

Just finished the game. Cool. Think I'll write a review, post it in that thread.

I think it's more that there weren't more than 3 characters that were really that interesting. That, and a couple of forced joke things like 'The Republic of Dave', made parts of the game feel 'lifeless'.

For me, I just felt that the F3 writers wanted to tell a much darker tale in the vein of the first Fallout. And they did! The horrid things you can do in that game for no reason aren't even touched upon in FNV. I mean, we're never given the chance to be the ones who
open the toxic waste drums in Searchlight and kill the whole town
, for example.

F3 was great (I was exaggerating a bit with the lifeless comment, though in comparison with New Vegas it certainly looks that way), but their idea of video game morality fell into that pitfall of making you choose between Baby-Raping Satan-Hitler 3000 or Ultra Gandhi Jesus Who Dies For The Wasteland's Sins*.

That and their idea of gore and showing that Super Mutants And Raiders Are Bad was to just throw truck loads of body parts and bags of body parts everywhere. It came off like a bad horror movie. "BOOGIDY-BOO, IT'S A ROOM FULL OF BLOODY ARMS AND LEGS!" yeah okay that's like the tenth one today i think there are more severed limbs in the capital wasteland than people

*seriously, there's even bible quotes in the story. i actually saw some review that was like, "fallout 3 had a better and more epic story!" and my eyes rolled out of my head because of radiation and also because it was a dumb thing to say and i was scoffing at him

Top Bottom