• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

tokkun

disappeared said:
Mystery vault?

I mean one vault where it is not immediately obvious what caused its breakdown, and you have to piece together the mystery.

I'm talking about the 'election' vault; I forget which number it is.

Wallach

tokkun said:
I mean one vault where it is not immediately obvious what caused its breakdown, and you have to piece together the mystery.

Vault 11.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hope the patch is up soon, I hope to god it restores E-DE for me and let's me finish Raul's quest.

Anyway, a future DLC episode has to include an Infiltrator. It just has to.

Wallach

Lakitu said:
Hope the patch is up soon, I hope to god it restores E-DE for me and let's me finish Raul's quest.

Anyway, a future DLC episode has to include an Infiltrator. It just has to.

I'm still holding out hope for a unique lever-action shotgun myself.

butsomuch

OXM rumor: ZeniMax To Acquire Obsidian Entertainment
In the most recent issue of Official Xbox Magazine (January 2011), the Crystal Ball mentions a company that seems to be in the news a lot lately, ZeniMax Media, who has recently acquired many companies including MachineGames, Arkane Studios, and id Software. These have added on top of their major game development company, Bethesda Game Studios. Well according to OXM, whats the next company that they will be acquiring? Obsidian Entertainment, the developers of Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol among others. The question is, how far is ZeniMax going to take this? They seem to be gobbling up developers at a startling pace. We’ll just have to wait and see, for all we know they could continue to grow and compete with the likes of Electronic Arts and Activision.

"With ZeniMax on a sending spree, who might they gobble up next? The ball sees Obsidian (Fallout: New Vegas) as a prime target for the Fallout IP-holder."

FrankT

I think I'll wait a week before diving right into the DLC just to ensure that it is a decent amount of good content. I got all the Fallout 3 DLC, but it was hit and miss. Some of it was really great however. I'm a junky for this type DLC though so I hope does deliver.

Prisen

360 version:
Enter house - long load time
Exit house - long load time again

PC version:
Enter house - short load time
Exit house - no load time

It's like a completely different game on PC when you don't have to dread the load times. :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Prisen said:
360 version:
Enter house - long load time
Exit house - long load time again

PC version:
Enter house - short load time
Exit house - no load time

It's like a completely different game on PC when you don't have to dread the load times. :D

Install to the 360 hard drive, load problem solved.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm guessing you fast travel everywhere.

Yes, why wouldn't I ! .. considering you can only fast travel to places you've been to, then I'm not actually missing anything just saving some boring trips.

FrankT

It can get pretty bad even on the HDD. There was one point after playing like 30 hours it got terrible. After clearing the cache though it helped a lot.

Dyno

Playing Hard difficulty and with Hard Core mode has made for an unpredictable ride. I've failed a couple quests, had companions die, and have been struggling for decent weapons and armour. Once I hit level 20 however things ironed out nicely and I have become a master of the wasteland with a sweet kit of tools.

The NCR however hates me. HATES! I never wanted this to happen. I thought these people could be worked with. I aided Mr. House a little bit too much and I slipped to Neutral status with them and that's when they started shooting me on site. I'll admit that in a couple of instances I shot back. It was dark and the guy came at me with a bloody sledgehammer for crying out loud! I thought he was a ganger, not the NCR. The kicker is that I have a major quest for them completed but I can't talk to the NCR types to end the quest, gain the XP, and most importantly get the fame.

Any ideas how I could rehabilitate my NCR reputation?

Parts

Yo, could anyone help me figure out what's up with my game? Playing on the PC here and the rocks look WEEEIRD.

http://i.imgur.com/iZRak.jpg

The dark rocks cut into the yellow and it creates a weird flickering movement. I've modded though so it's probably my bad, but the only one I can think that could do that was using nmc's ones from fallout 3. I'll try uninstalling but if anyone has any ideas in the mean time I'd appreciate if you could help :D

Nope, didn't help. :( It sucks because this basically mean any large lanscape looks shitty, and they're the most impressive thing this game does.

Wiggum2007

Parts said:
Yo, could anyone help me figure out what's up with my game? Playing on the PC here and the rocks look WEEEIRD.

http://i.imgur.com/iZRak.jpg

The dark rocks cut into the yellow and it creates a weird flickering movement. I've modded though so it's probably my bad, but the only one I can think that could do that was using nmc's ones from fallout 3. I'll try uninstalling but if anyone has any ideas in the mean time I'd appreciate if you could help :D

Nope, didn't help. :( It sucks because this basically mean any large lanscape looks shitty, and they're the most impressive thing this game does.

I'm playing on 360 and the exact same thing happens with distant landscapes. It's really annoying, and I don't remember it ever happening in FO3.

Darkgran

I ran into this glitch last night:

This save game relies on downloadable content that is no longer available. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue loading?

I thought they patched this??

Luckily I had about 80 saves but I still lost about 2 hours of gameplay.

360 version by the way.

no angel

So now I can't play this game at all as every single one of my save games crashes when I try to load them. How can ALL my saves be corrupt? I wonder what my chances of the patch fixing this are......

Ledsen

Yurt said:
^ Known bug if you completed the quest Come Fly With Me. Reload an earlier save.

Or if you've visited a Vault (I think 3). Sigh, I wish I could play the game... got about 10+ hours in before the latest patch came and ruined my game :(

Wallach

From the Bethesda forums:

Gstaff said:
To update, the patch/game update for PlayStation 3 could be going up as early as Midnight GMT tonight for Europe. When we have more details on North America, we'll let you know.

PC update could be up on Steam as early as tomorrow.

For players on Xbox 360, we should have more details soon. Right now, it's looking like next week. If we get updated details, we'll let you know.

Almost there.

Yay patch, I might actually be able to recommend this game to people after it (loads of people have asked me if its a good xmas present and such)

tokkun said:

Oh yeah. I went in there at an early level and got slaughtered. Still haven't gone back... unless I'm thinking of the wrong vault. Hmm...

I think this game would pretty much be a masterpiece if not for the bugs. It's like somebody took Fallout 3's engine and made a real game out of it, a fantastic one to boot, but didn't bother to clean up or fix the underlying technical problems. A shame, but I still love it, as I loved STALKER and Bloodlines in spite of similar problems.

disappeared said:
Oh yeah. I went in there at an early level and got slaughtered. Still haven't gone back... unless I'm thinking of the wrong vault. Hmm...
You're probably thinking of the wrong vault. 11 is filled with mantises and rats, small fry basically.

icarus-daedelus said:
I think this game would pretty much be a masterpiece if not for the bugs. It's like somebody took Fallout 3's engine and made a real game out of it, a fantastic one to boot, but didn't bother to clean up or fix the underlying technical problems. A shame, but I still love it, as I loved STALKER and Bloodlines in spite of similar problems.

You're probably thinking of the wrong vault. 11 is filled with mantises and rats, small fry basically.

Except at the end.
I've had to use a Stealthboy with every build I've taken in there so far to survive the robot attack in the sacrificial chamber.

Jintor

jim-jam bongs said:
Except at the end.
I've had to use a Stealthboy with every build I've taken in there so far to survive the robot attack in the sacrificial chamber.

Pulse mines + grenades up the wazoo (Don't take ED-D)

I feel like I've gotten at least one patch a week with this game since release.

Every time I turn it on it seems like there's one.

Haven't had any major problems. Just the usual gamebryo jank.

40 hours in and I've barely started any of the main quests.. lol.

jim-jam bongs said:
Except at the end.
That was my first thought, too, but I didn't want to waste the stealth boy so
I threw some energy-type grenades (I forget the specific name) which took them out with what looked like an EMP field. I was surprised at how quickly they went down that way, as I was just tossing grenades like a madman hoping to not get killed for the third or fourth time. I was so happy I made it and didn't have to reload the autosave and watch the damn video again.

fake edit: yeah it was probably pulse grenades

butsomuch

Beth community manager on F:NV patch status
To update, the patch/game update for PlayStation 3 could be going up as early as Midnight GMT tonight for Europe. When we have more details on North America, we'll let you know.

PC update could be up on Steam as early as tomorrow.

For players on Xbox 360, we should have more details soon. Right now, it's looking like next week. If we get updated details, we'll let you know.

Jintor said:
Pulse mines + grenades up the wazoo (Don't take ED-D)

icarus-daedelus said:
That was my first thought, too, but I didn't want to waste the stealth boy so
I threw some energy-type grenades (I forget the specific name) which took them out with what looked like an EMP field. I was surprised at how quickly they went down that way, as I was just tossing grenades like a madman hoping to not get killed for the third or fourth time. I was so happy I made it and didn't have to reload the autosave and watch the damn video again.

fake edit: yeah it was probably pulse grenades

The first time I went in
I took both Boone and ED-E. So far I've only played hardcore so of course they got blown to smithereens by the robots and died :lol I generally do use the pulse grenades and mines but only after a Stealthboy since most of my builds have been low endurance except for my unarmed build. I think for that one I just used the Stealthboy out of habit.

Anyway, it's probably my favourite vault in Fallout history. The first note that you find
where the candidates in the election are talking about why they shouldn't win, and the final reveal ("Congratulations!") just blew me away.

Jerk

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
Except at the end.

With my snipe/melee build, the Gobi/Knock, Knock took them all down pretty quickly.

Of course I had a shitload of endurance with that build...

The patch may wind up convincing me to go back to New Vegas. I haven't touched it in almost a month or so. Just lost interest, plus the odd glitches.

Top Bottom