• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famicom Mini Kid Icarus question

bjork

Picked this up, as I doubt it'll make it to the US. But I know zero japanese... is there a way to save your game?

Thanks for any help with this.

ferricide

bjork said:
Picked this up, as I doubt it'll make it to the US. But I know zero japanese... is there a way to save your game?

Thanks for any help with this.
when you die, it asks if you want to continue or save, IIRC.

john tv

Strange, according to the manual it looks like the only way to Save is when you get Game Over (it's the second choice; first is "Continue").

Dunno why there's no other way like in Zelda and Zelda II.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This might be the only Famicom Classics game I would buy and ironically it's likely to never come out here.

How'd the port go? Pretty decent I hope.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mejilan said:
Port? Aren't these straight up emu with a couple of tweaks and fixes?
Yeah they are, actually I think it's the same emu code that was written for Animal Crossing.

I just called it a port because it was a game that originally was on another system and it was brought over to the GBA. To get to the point quicker instead I guess you could say.

I was just wondering if this game suffered from any strange anomolies and if the GBA resolution impacted any gameplay at all, just to see how faithful it was to the original.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
TekunoRobby said:
Yeah they are, actually I think it's the same emu code that was written for Animal Crossing.

I just called it a port because it was a game that originally was on another system and it was brought over to the GBA. To get to the point quicker instead I guess you could say.

I was just wondering if this game suffered from any strange anomolies and if the GBA resolution impacted any gameplay at all, just to see how faithful it was to the original.

I approve of this post. :D

Wish I could answer your question though. :(

bjork

I didn't own the NES Kid Icarus, and I'd only played that version many years ago at a friend's house. Played the rom a couple of times as well... so I'm not sure. It seems good to me, though. "Feels" like a NES game.

Top Bottom