• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse |OT|

Launch trailer: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/11/19/family-guy-back-to-the-multiverse-launch-trailer

Where did this come from? I'm a big fan of the show and just found out about this. It's out in five days @_@. It's a third-person shooter where you control Stewie and Brian and go through 10 different universes to stop Bertram. It's sort of a continuation on the multiverse episode in season 9. Two of the Family Guy writers wrote the script for the game so that's good, and the real voice actors are all there.

Release date is November 20th for PC/360/PS3. Here are some pics and info:

Video: IGN preview vid and he seems to like it, says it plays well.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/07/family-guy-back-to-the-multiverse-video-preview

Everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed baby Stewie stars alongside his faithful booze hound Brian in the Family Guy event of the year - Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse!

Save Quahog from utter annihilation! Stewie and Brian team up in an original Multiverse-spanning adventure to stop the evil Bertram from destroying everything!

Bizarre Universes: Battle through all new demented universes that only the show’s writers could create.
Extra-Dimensional Action: Face off against whacked out foes in INFILTRATION! and Multiverse Madness Modes.
Create Epic Beat Downs: Switch between Brian and Stewie on the fly or grab a friend and play in 2-player Co-Op Mode to take down the enemies in the multiverse!
Familiar Faces: Take the reins of 10 different characters plucked from the show and pit them against each other in 4-person local multiplayer!

Sucks that the co-op and multi-player are local only, sounds like fun.

screens:

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I hope they follow the footsteps of that episode and feature a (Rayman Origins-style) 2D level where they get ex-Don Bluth Studio animators to draw all the art. :D

MYE

I hope they make an American Dad game based on the post-apocalipse episode where Stan and warrior Jesus take on the antichrist and his demon army. That episode was great.

edit:

tumblr_mcitclvlS61rx5nkvo1_1280.jpg

332.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!

I hope they follow the footsteps of that episode and feature a (Rayman Origins-style) 2D level where they get ex-Don Bluth Studio animators to draw all the art. :D

Is that the episode where Stewie and Brian were in a Disney version of home (and the segment you meant?).

I hope they make an American Dad game based on the post-apocalipse episode where Stan and warrior Jesus take on the antichrist and his demon army. That episode was great.

edit:

332.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!
That American Dad ep was one of the best episodes of any cartoon ever. It was just brilliant and should have won awards.

edit:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcitclvlS61rx5nkvo1_1280.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.planet-familyguy.com/news/images/332.jpg[IMG]

Fuck yeah!!![/QUOTE]

I was going to post the same thing. Screw Family Guy, where is my American Dad game? The Rapture, Future Stan, The Koola guy, etc...

I'll buy this if they at least give me American Dad DLC

lunchtoast

Fuck yeah!!!

Condemn them mother, for they know exactly what they do!

Ein Bear

Those are some seriously shitty graphics. Looks basically the same as the Simpsons/Family Guy games from last-gen.

krae_man

I'm looking forward to it. Futureshop still hasn't updated the release date of it yet however. Their site still has Dec 31st as the release date. I hope they fix that in time. I loved the PS2 game.

MYE

That American Dad ep was one of the best episodes of any cartoon ever. It was just brilliant and should have won awards.

I'd buy a full length animated movie at a high price. Even the synth music they used was spot-on.

I love how they made an origin episode for the antichrist in season 7

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Is that the episode where Stewie and Brian were in a Disney version of home (and the segment you meant?).

Yeah iirc that's the one.

Yessirs! But to save money they hired ex-Don Bluth animators to do it, but it was meant to be Disney style.

Apparently though that segment still cost more money to produce than almost the rest of the entire season combined did. :O

Downhome

Wow, I completely forgot about this. I remember I first heard about it and saw the screens months ago. If it gets decent reviews, I'll eventually own it for sure. I like most of these games based on the shows. I even enjoyed the Futurama game.

Yessirs! But to save money they hired ex-Don Bluth animators to do it, but it was meant to be Disney style.

Apparently though that segment still cost more money to produce than almost the rest of the entire season combined did. :O

Wow. o_O

I remember reading an ex-animator of Beauty and the Beast worked on it, so I thought it was an ex-Disney production, i know some DB folks went to work on BatB after the 80's when Don told then to do their best on Troll or go elsewhere... yeah...

Man why won't Disney let Don make a new 2D film, they can't hate the guy, or at least get back John Pomeroy to direct his own feature, poor guy was always second banana to Don and Gary. :(

Kifimbo

I have little faith in Activision licensed games. And it's from Heavy Iron Studios, the studio behind WALL-E, Up and SpongeBob's Truth or Square.

Damn this came out of the blue. The Simpsons game was surprisingly fun so I may give this a shot. I agree though with today's tech graphics could be MUCH better. Especially in comparison to the Naruto games or South Park XBLA games. Those basically look like the shows in motion. This looks like a PS2 game with HD Vaseline smeared on.

triggaz

Banned
Worst OT op ever and Oh god the op's horrendous avatar. Now on topic it's a shooter interesting I hope red box has it Tuesday definitely want to check it out.

edit:

332.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!

So damn good. I generally think American Dad is the best thing McFarlane has ever done, it's a shame it doesn't get the recognition Family Guy does, since it's a lot funnier.

Still, this looks pretty good, and I like the shout-outs to the show's history (Coke Head Brian outfit). Also, there's a distinct shortage of cartoony co-op platformers out there, so I might pick this up once it's dropped in price. Family Guy's still good for a few laughs.

hyp3rlink

edit:

332.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!

This was truly a great episode. I wish AD was as popular as FG so we could get some games and movies based on the show.

Socreges

Banned

Fuck yeah!!!
I never watch American Dad, but once every few months I stumble onto it while changing channels. For some reason that episode caught my eye and I kept watching. Was very good. Need to see the beginning.

RSLAEV

Wow. o_O

I remember reading an ex-animator of Beauty and the Beast worked on it, so I thought it was an ex-Disney production, i know some DB folks went to work on BatB after the 80's when Don told then to do their best on Troll or go elsewhere... yeah...

Man why won't Disney let Don make a new 2D film, they can't hate the guy, or at least get back John Pomeroy to direct his own feature, poor guy was always second banana to Don and Gary. :(

As much as I love Don Bluth for making Secret of Nimh, An American Tail, and The Land before Time, everything he's done outside of those three movies has been a disappointment.

ptuck874

edit:

332.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!

that and Old Stan on the Mountain my 2 favs ever :)

krae_man

Snagged it for $40 with a Tsilon coupon. It's in the mail as we speak. The retailer I bought it from still had a placeholder release date on the thing until yesterday and that slowed things down.

Picking it up after work tonight! I'll post some impressions and maybe even stream it.
Snagged it for $40 with a Tsilon coupon. It's in the mail as we speak. The retailer I bought it from still had a placeholder release date on the thing until yesterday and that slowed things down.
Thanks for taking one for the team. I hope the game isn't some ridiculously short length and you get at least half your money's worth.

That Jim bloke. Sounds like he was always going to hate it so it was always going to get a bad review, but the game still sounds genuinely bad (and looks absolutely awful in screenshots).

bryehn

I played the original FG game and it was pretty bad (read: terrible). But I played it because the writing was decent. I'd assume that's the case here too.

Dishwalla

Banned
These games always turn out bad. Simpsons Hit and Run was good and the Futurama game was alright, but pretty much every other game based off these adult cartoons are terrible.

DO NOT... REPEAT DO NOT GET THIS GAME. Maybe at 10 dollars you might find some worth in it. I can't believe it's being sold for 59.99. Horrible sound mixing, horrible control, sub par graphics, I literally felt like they ripped gameplay out of a really bad n64 game. Guys... I was disgusted in this. :( Luckily I was able to return it! *shudder* STAY AWAY. This is coming from someone who got enjoyment from the Futurama and last Simpsons game.

CREMSteve

DO NOT... REPEAT DO NOT GET THIS GAME. Maybe at 10 dollars you might find some worth in it. I can't believe it's being sold for 59.99. Horrible sound mixing, horrible control, sub par graphics, I literally felt like they ripped gameplay out of a really bad n64 game. Guys... I was disgusted in this. :( Luckily I was able to return it! *shudder* STAY AWAY. This is coming from someone who got enjoyment from the Futurama and last Simpsons game.

o_O

I'm just glad you could return it. Apparently the effort spent in creating the OP was an accurate representation of the game.

Nobody get the PC version because you probably won't be able to get a refund.

Top Bottom