• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news

bloke

besides Radiata Stories...

'new Gundam game' (PS2)
- colaboration between Bandai and Namco (AC/Tekken teams)

A.C.E. (PS2)
- mecha action, BanPresto and FromSoft developing
http://www.ace-game.jp

Ultraman 3 (PS2) Dec.
Altered Beast (PS2) Sega, this winter
Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix (PS2) Genki, this winter

reviews
Biohazard Outbreak 2 38/40
King Of Collosseum II 32/40
Dororo 29/40

release dates
Viewtful Joe 2 (PS2/GC) Dec 16
MGS3 (PS2) Dec 16

source:syoboonline

AniHawk

Grubdog said:

Famitsu REEEEEEEEEEALLY likes RE.

RE 4 will probably get a 40.

SolidSnakex said:
No it's just an RE review from Famitsu. The scores expected.

"release dates
MGS3 (PS2) Dec 16"

Heh, smart move there Capcom.

I agree. VF2 is gonna rape MGS3.

Bebpo

Banned
Ill Saint said:
Oh for fucks sake, Sega!!!!

I dunno, the game seemed fun at E3 and they have a playable demo running at the store near me and it looks interesting.

I mean this is from the people who brought us Shinobi/Kunoichi right? Both of those games kicked major ass in terms of being really fun action games and neither scored high in magazines, so this could still turn out alright.

Ill Saint

I really hope so... it looked like great fun, and full of potential. It's just so disappointing to see this score, though. I mean, I'd just love to see Sega make an original, non-arcade ported game this gen that gets some universal praise.

Who knows, maybe the Famitsu chaps just overdosed on Outbreak 2 or something... still, I'll be waiting for a good number of reviews before giving up on this one.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Ill Saint said:
I really hope so... it looked like great fun, and full of potential.

It's a pretty even split between painfully missed potential and sheer gaming magic, but there's only a few moments where it's not great fun. The game's a mess, but a glorious mess.

Wipes the floor with both Outbreaks, at any rate. Those crazy Famitsu guys!

snapty00

Banned
I used to agree with Famitsu a lot back in like 1998 or so, but now...they seem to have just as biazarre tastes as any other self-proclaimed hardcore videogame magazine.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Famitsu = Gamepro

I understood back in the pre-Internet days why so many held the mag in high regard. But now...?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
snapty00 said:
I used to agree with Famitsu a lot back in like 1998 or so, but now...they seem to have just as biazarre tastes as any other self-proclaimed hardcore videogame magazine.
If I can find it I'll translate a small post from a french journalist who worked for Famitsu for some time. He explained in detail how the Famitsu Review/Scoring process worked, and it was not pretty :/

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
If From develops the actual game and BanPresto only does stuff like character/mecha designs, then I'm interested.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
my new philosophy on sega games:

If it wasnt in the arcades first, dont waste your time

ourumov

SolidSnakex said:
No it's just an RE review from Famitsu. The scores expected.

"release dates
MGS3 (PS2) Dec 16"

Heh, smart move there Capcom.

Even considering it's a RE game and this is Famitsu...I find incredible the score achieved...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
If it wasnt in the arcades first, dont waste your time

Going by that, you'd have only missed out on Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, their sports offerings and maybe a few above average titles that I'm forgetting.

wazoo

DaCocoBrova said:
Going by that, you'd have only missed out on Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, their sports offerings and maybe a few above average titles that I'm forgetting.

Sports game are from Visual Concepts. I do not think Sega hasd any input in those games.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DaCocoBrova said:

Let's not forget the DC (among other things)

Skies of Arcadia, Chu Chu Rocket, Ecco the Dolphin (kind of a Sega title, I suppose), Shinobi/Kunoichi, PSO, any Panzer title, Gunvalkyrie (though many people did dislike it), JSR, and the Shenmue series. I think those all deserve some serious credit. :p

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
wazoo:
Sports game are from Visual Concepts. I do not think Sega hasd any input in those games.
Visual Concepts is just the name of a SEGA dev house. Perhaps you were referring to only their teams under the Japanese affiliate, but that would be a tenuous distinction.

Jonnyram

DaCocoBrova said:

Well, there's Rez too. Hopefully he's only referring to this gen...

ferricide

Bebpo said:
I mean this is from the people who brought us Shinobi/Kunoichi right?
nope. this was a wow title before the wow/overworks merger, not an overworks one (like shinobi and kunoichi are.)

Jonnyram

Those scores are bogus. I'll have the full list up on Game Science in a little while, but in short, Outbreak 2 got 32 and Dororo+KOC2 got 30.

Top Bottom