• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

fastest/easiest way to organize MP3 collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

right click >> arange files (what ever you want)

then select the files in lumps and put them in whatever folder you wish.

haha, most of them are organized by album but a lot are just random, like the first 1000 or so I downloaded back in the early days of Napster :p

I gotta get them synched up for my iPod

I organize manually as I rip them... genre, band, cd type, cd, etc.

iTunes has some option to sort things to folders based on the ID3 tags. Of course, if you don't have those or they're all fucked up (like Marlin, Marillion, Marillin... All the same band, spelled wrong, get different folders anyway) it can be a pain.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i made a little program for myself.. it was quite handy.. unfortunately i lost it when my harddrive crashed a couple of years ago.. since then, ive just been more organized in general.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BigJonsson said:
haha, most of them are organized by album but a lot are just random, like the first 1000 or so I downloaded back in the early days of Napster :p

I gotta get them synched up for my iPod

I had this problem. I got Itunes to organise them, but that just gave me a crap load of "unknown artist" lot's of manual retagging for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom