• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Bond theme song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B'z-chan

Banned
I second that one

here are a few of my other favorites.

The Living Daylights A-Ha
Goldeneye Tina Turner

theres a few others. But as of late i havent liked a lot of the theme songs of bond. Madonna /barf
Though i still like some songs from the soundtracks especially some form Tommorrow Never Dies (the scene in the parking structure, where bond is driving from the back)

Fowler

I like GoldenEye a lot, and A View to a Kill, but my favourite is a-ha's The Living Daylights. And the (instrumental-only) theme to On Her Majesty's Secret Service was awesome too.

BTW, that parking-chase-theme and most of TND's score was based off the end theme. I think it was called "Surrender" by kd lang, but I'm not sure. I liked it better than the Sheryl Crow theme, though.

B'z-chan

Banned
Fowler said:
I like GoldenEye a lot, and A View to a Kill, but my favourite is a-ha's The Living Daylights. And the (instrumental-only) theme to On Her Majesty's Secret Service was awesome too.

BTW, that parking-chase-theme and most of TND's score was based off the end theme. I think it was called "Surrender" by kd lang, but I'm not sure. I liked it better than the Sheryl Crow theme, though.

you are correct about KDlang i hated Sheryl crows theme, but it was better than say the last two films.

Instrament only Majestys Secret Service was just great.

No contest, my absolute favorite Bond theme is Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill." In second place, I have to go with Garbage's "The World Is Not Enough." I also like A-Ha's "The Living Daylights" as well, and On Her Majesty Secret Service was great, though I prefer The Propellerheads version to the original. "Live And Let Die" is also great; as is "Nobody Does It Better" from The Spy Who Loved Me (check out Me First And The Gimme Gimme's cover of it; absolutely wonderful... also Radiohead's as well). You know, I like most of the actual theme songs from the movies, but the ones above are my favorites. I also agree that K.D. Lang's song "Surremder" was far superior to Sheryl Crow's awful title track. Why they didn't use Lang to sing the theme song and relegate Crow to singing the other is beyond me.

B'z-chan

Banned
Error Macro said:
No contest, my absolute favorite Bond theme is Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill." In second place, I have to go with Garbage's "The World Is Not Enough." I also like A-Ha's "The Living Daylights" as well, and On Her Majesty Secret Service was great, though I prefer The Propellerheads version to the original. "Live And Let Die" is also great; as is "Nobody Does It Better" from The Spy Who Loved Me (check out Me First And The Gimme Gimme's cover of it; absolutely wonderful... also Radiohead's as well). You know, I like most of the actual theme songs from the movies, but the ones above are my favorites. I also agree that K.D. Lang's song "Surremder" was far superior to Sheryl Crow's awful title track. Why they didn't use Lang to sing the theme song and relegate Crow to singing the other is beyond me.

Damnit i totaly forgot the freaking DURAN DURAN SONG i knew i was forgetting my favorite crap. I dont even think of it as a Bond theme.

Fowler

Ah yes, Nobody Does It Better is truly awesome.

And I love the Propellerheads' version of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, highly recommended to all Bond fans :)

bionic77

bob_arctor said:
"Nobody Does It Better" is my absolute favorite, by far.

IAWTP

Not only a great Bond song, but also the best song to play after you just beat someone in a sport or videogame.

How can u guys forget about Sheena Easton's For your Eyes Only.
At the time I believe it was the only bond theme song to be on billboard chart

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
A View To A Kill
Goldeneye
Living Daylights
Moby's James Bond Theme Remix

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Even though I've never seen a single Bond movie from start to finish, and I've only watched parts of a few of them... I'd have to say Goldeneye because it's the only theme song that I can distinctly remember.

If they digitally remastered Live and Let Die with the Guns 'N' Roses version, I'd agree. I'm with bob, Nobody Does it Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom