• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite D-list Comic Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Prime

HtCs5Kv.jpg

I always thought this was just wolverine in a different daredevil related costume.

Nah, he's a pro-wrestler who has this need to be validated by superheroes. One thing about him that always stuck out to me is that he apparently stinks. So much so that it became a running joke whenever he was around.
img_1821.jpg

Now, he got a really good one-shot story during Secret Wars where he finally found his calling and teamed up with Rage (another C-rank hero) to get into the ring one last time.

Slayven

For a moment I thought I was looking at another one of Liefeld's creations, but then I noticed he isn't baring his teeth at the viewer for no reason.

Please tell me it's a self aware mockery of Liefeld's work...

Not directly. Prime is a 12 year old boy that can generate superpowered bodies he can wear. What would you think a 12 year old boy would think is cool?

A girl his age has the same powers, but is a tolken and fantasy nerd

elven-foil-1.jpg

The drummer, from planetary
latest

Machine empath. Chill dude. Absolutely horrendous taste in haircuts and clothes.

Also Jamie Madrox.

LordRaptor

Jeff Smax

1331329-smax02.jpg

Nah, he's a pro-wrestler who has this need to be validated by superheroes. One thing about him that always stuck out to me is that he apparently stinks. So much so that it became a running joke whenever he was around.

Yeah... because as revealed in... either Alias or The Pulse, can't remember which, he's an actual homeless guy with a psychiatric disorder

Man she's on a team with Batman. Nobody on a team with Batman is getting anything less than the B list treatment.
She suffered far more than B-tier treatment.
Batman forgot she existed multiple times(despite being his adopted daughter) before DC wrote her out of existence for years.
Then to top it off deaged her mom to Nightwing's age to eliminate the possibility of return.

Jag

Always have a special place for:
Micronauts-1.jpg

And yes, I did spend 35 cents for a comic back then.

jph139

Yeah... because as revealed in... either Alias or The Pulse, can't remember which, he's an actual homeless guy with a psychiatric disorder

Yeah, he was homeless for a while after he and Cap "broke up." Even when he was half-crazy and stunk like the streets, though, he always had Cap's full respect.

Also he died, and was revived when someone accidentally summoned "a D-Man" when trying to get a demon.

Nowadays he's gainfully employed by Sam Wilson, wrestles a bit on the side, and has a live-in boyfriend, which is nice to see. Good job D-Man!

Not sure if Section 8 counts. They are more like Z listers and pathetic on purpose

Code:
[img]http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/GalleryComics_1920x1080_20150610_SECTION_8_1_55708ca38432e4.38192625.jpg[/img]

Seriously. You have a guy that welds dogs to people's faces and another who claims to have raped Kyle Rayner.

Pretty sure we just had this thread like, a month or two ago.

D-Listers?

Rankorr
I don't even like him. Nothing about him makes sense. I just wanted to make a point about D-listers.
My opinion on X-men characters is that if they show up in the movies, but have less than a minute of dialogue, they can count as "less popular".

... Blink still stole the whole damn show in Days of Future Past.
tumblr_n5jcwgo7zO1tyc7rko5_250.gif
And no one fucking knows her name.
Cassandra Cain(Batgirl, Black Bat, Orphan)

Might be B/C-tier but DC sure treats her like she is F-tier..
She's in a Bat team book right now. RIGHT NOW. She's not F tier.
tumblr_oges8ebiEF1ubszlfo1_500.gif

Yeah Ragman pretty cool as well.
Arrow done some great work this season on low tier characters.
Does not compute.
Señor Mágico
Oh damn we're spitting truths up in here.

Pizza

Amalgam comics is pretty sweet

a03f04158c73d2b3af95bdebd68d781e.jpg

Especially spider boy and the Legion of Galactic Guardians 2099

tumblr_mnrzybv5AD1rwyqmxo2_1280.jpg

spiderboy.jpg

Aaaand squadron sinister is still one of my favorite comics ever. Really really good read

latest

is Grifter too high profile?

I like him more for his guest appearances (Point Blank/Sleeper was soooooo awesome), but I like him all the same.

51gTVOzGMnL.jpg

Garlador

is Grifter too high profile?

I like him more for his guest appearances (Point Blank/Sleeper was soooooo awesome), but I like him all the same.

51gTVOzGMnL.jpg

Honestly, I was thinking of Grifter all while I made he thread. You could make a good argument for him too. DC doesn't really know what to do with the Wildstorm universe but they keep trying.

At least his team had their own cartoon show once.
hqdefault.jpg

Does Armor count as D-list? I don't think her existence has even been acknowledged anymore since Secret wars.

Mmm, I don't think being MIA moves you down a list, at least not always

Armor is prominently featured in one of the best and most accessible X-Men runs of all time so she is firmly C-list imho. Classic comic stories never stop being relevant

Garlador

Mmm, I don't think being MIA moves you down a list, at least not always

Armor is prominently featured in one of the best and most accessible X-Men runs of all time so she is firmly C-list imho. Classic comic stories never stop being relevant

I really should have included C-list in the title. There's enough of them to quantify against their more-popular counterparts.

Like Machine Man. Machine Man's awesome. Probably not a B-lister, but perhaps a step above a D-lister.

ryanyhc

Neo Member
Honestly, I was thinking of Grifter all while I made he thread. You could make a good argument for him too. DC doesn't really know what to do with the Wildstorm universe but they keep trying.

I have hope for this new Ellis imprint they are doing. I liked the first issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom