• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Intro theme to Cartoon/Sitcom

Include media to your choice please!

My choices are
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Gargoyles
  • Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

But my favorite(biased opinion)
TaleSpin

Try and not shake your ass YOU CAN'T!

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
All of Disney’s late 80s early 90s cartoons were top shelf quality. And their theme songs were a part of the package. Goof Troup, Ducktales, chip n dale, dark wing, heck even bonkers had a good theme song.

But I’ll pick something different and say animaniacs.

Jezan

I was going to say Captain Planet, but as much as I love it.
Nothing comes close to:
Take a classic theme that's good and make it beyond epic.

I was going to say Captain Planet, but as much as I love it.
Nothing comes close to:
Take a classic theme that's good and make it beyond epic.
Now I want to watch johnny quest. Never heard of the real adventures maybe its good.
Captain planet theme song is probably why I'm a Republican Red neck POS. That song makes me want to destroy mother nature and blow my head off

Not a big fan of this one but the song is great.

I loved this though.

So many great intro songs in the 80s. But i'll post just these two.

The thing that made me think of this topic was looking for cartoon on Hulu. I noticed in kids tab there is a 'celebrate diversity' tab which made me gag after clicking it I see Curious George. Now I'm offended
I'm so confused 😕

DiscoJer

Ducktales was very catchy.

And the Johnny Quest intro was pretty bad ass. Probably scare the hell out of kids today though.

Probably this one. back then German opening were really awesome

That's probably the coolest thing ever. I usually think English tunes made into other languages stink but that was all kinds of turtle power

My favorite German album was by Bethlehem - Schatten Aus Ser Alexanders Welt
Have you heard it?

Jezan

Now I want to watch johnny quest. Never heard of the real adventures maybe its good.
Captain planet theme song is probably why I'm a Republican Red neck POS. That song makes me want to destroy mother nature and blow my head off
It was pretty good, Jonny and co. looked way more badass than before, I even though they were 18 or older but he is still a teen. The show didn't age so well thanks to the CGI segments. :(

Last edited:
NARF!

Darias friend with red coat, black hair with shaved sides was sooo hot. She's all I've wanted physically in a woman as a kid until now.
*swoon*

Last edited:

MastAndo

All my favorite childhood cartoon intros were mentioned, so I'll go with something more current;

Last edited:
All my favorite childhood cartoon intros were mentioned, so I'll go with something more current;
Thanks for posting something current.
I had no intention of the thread being exclusive to 70s-90s cartoons(though they are the best!)
Threads not only limited to cartoons.

If your jam is Friends, or how I met your mother let us know! 👌

Edit:

I take that back

Last edited:

Doom85

Gold Member
A lot of my favorites have already been said, but here's another solid one:

I especially love the animation of Beetlejuice coming out of the grave at the beginning.

woopWOOP

lol
I knew the Captain Planet themesong by heart just so I could annoy my brother with it.
That said, the orchestra/guitar tune from the actual intro sounds nice, but Kwame can't stop talking over it and I don't think a clean version exists.

Also from what I remember from the "real" adventures of Johnny Quest is that they were really pushing that 3D VR stuff because 3D graphics were up and coming. Was neat back then, but now it just looks kinda silly.

As a child, Swat Cats
The real question, season 1 or season 2?!
I always preferred S1

lol
I knew the Captain Planet themesong by heart just so I could annoy my brother with it.
That said, the orchestra/guitar tune from the actual intro sounds nice, but Kwame can't stop talking over it and I don't think a clean version exists.
The blonde from Russia was a babe *SHWING!*

VulcanRaven

Batman The Animated Series has been already mentioned. Here are few others:

Extreme Ghostbusters

Superman The Animated Series

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
I can't think of a show that's less faithful to the source material, but I submit Pole Position:

That opening synthesizer riff? The urgency of the shitty lyrics? So good.

lil puff

something I just realized is that none of the Hanna Barbara cartoon intros were memorable. I cannot remember any of them!

My fav was Sanford and Son and Good Times

Codes 208

When I was little, this was my jam. Such a shame too, mediocre movie but a underratedly good cartoon spin-off

If anime counts then I also got to go with these two

(obviously a bit controversial, since its the Faulconer score, but this was my childhood, deal with it)

kunonabi

VulcanRaven

These are great too:

Men In Black: The Series

The Mask animated series

I watched these a lot. That Men in Black intro is awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom