• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been rewatching all the Treehouse of Horror episodes of The Simpsons in the lead-up to Halloween and wanted to start a thread about how great they are/were.

The Shinning is probably the format at it's absolute best, pitch-perfect parody of an all-time movie that has joke after joke.
2FwcrnL.jpg

4ZBYZlq.gif

The episode it is from, Treehouse of Horror V from Season 6, is also the best total episode with Time & Punishment and Nightmare Cafeteria both being phenomenal as well.

Other standouts for me are the inspired version of The Raven, The Devil and Homer Simpson, and Bart Simpson's Dracula.

What are your favorite segments/jokes?

The Shinning and Edgar Allan Poe (the Raven) for sure. So good!

There's a lot that I really like, but those are my favourite two off the top of my head.

Remember when I told Jimbo Jones I'd MAKE something of him one day?

Are you saying you killed Jimbo, processed his carcass and served him for lunch?

This was the one that sticks out to me as the segment that genuinely scared me when I was young and watched it for the first time. So it definitely does its job as a Treehouse of Horror segment.

Lucreto

The Raven

To me it's the best segment in any Treehouse of Horror and one of the best segments in the Simpsons full stop. I watch it every Halloween. Halloween is basically a children's holiday in Ireland so I avoid it in general. For adults is an excuse to dress really badly and get blind drunk.

https://youtu.be/bLiXjaPqSyY

1277562.gif

lt519

This year's spoof of Hunger Games and Mad Max was excellent. But it's gotta go the the shining one or nightmare.

Tudor

Treehouse of Horror XII, Ultrahouse 3000. The Simpsons end up living in a crazed automated house voiced by Pierce Brosnan who falls in love with Marge and then decides Homer had to go.

I found it very amusing

Jims

1. The Shinning
2. Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace
3. Time and Punishment
4. King Homer
5. Citizen Kang

Treehouse of Horror V is so great. Even Nightmare Cafeteria probably floats around the Top 10 segments they've ever done.

jelly

Good choices above so something different. The one were Marge gets Hal in the voice of Pierce Brosnon as the automated house system.

Some of the ones posted in this thread, including the OP.

I also have a soft spot for when Homer creates all of his clones, then has to take them out to pasture.

I don't watch The Simpsons anymore, but I did PVR the Treehouse of Horror episode this year. I'd hoped it'd be good, but it. was. not.

I'm partial to the Raven. It just a great matching of visuals to voiceover. Homer's delivery of "Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door" is so great.

wondermega

Tree house V gotta be the best for me as well, however Time and Punishment might have got me the most. Near the end when the house kept changing in the exterior shot, I may have never laughed harder at any Simpsons episode..

The Shinning and Homer3 are genius. I think Homer3 was actually one of the first Simpsons episodes I saw.

The Homer clone bit in season 14 (?) I remember was one of the few episodes from that time that I still think is genuinely great. The part where they pan through the Homer clones and one is Peter Griffin gets me every time.

Hm, It's Raining Again

Oh man, I forgot about that one! Treehouse of Horror V was amazing from start to finish.

ghostjoke

Banned
Another split vote for The Shinning and The Raven, with The Raven taking the edge if pushed because of James Earl Jones' voicework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom