• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEEL THE MAGIC XY/XX SHIPS (OMG OMG)

BuddyC

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180016

Soon my precious. Soon.

180016b.jpg

180016l1.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I think I'm waiting on this. I want your impressions, however. If it's just a weird, sexually themed Wario Ware, I think I'll wait for WW. If it's truly unique, however...

BuddyC

Mejilan said:
I think I'm waiting on this. I want your impressions, however. If it's just a weird, sexually themed Wario Ware, I think I'll wait for WW. If it's truly unique, however...
I'm flattered, but I won't have the chance to partake until Christmas :/

That is, unless I'm weak. But with games like Duel Masters GBA/PS2, Tak 2 GBA/XB, Dino Thunder GBA waiting for playtime....how can I possibly give in?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it seems more like a weirder, even more sexually-themed incredible crisis. the games are mini rather than micro. the distinction is significant.

kiryogi

Banned
So whats the story here? Do I go and pick this up tomorrow or do I pick this up along with the DS this weekend? Confused I am. and they better not take my reserve copy off hold if I want until the weekend. XD

WarPig

Drohne's right -- Incredible Crisis is the more accurate comparison in terms of pacing and mechanics.

Incredible Crisis still has better sound effects, though.

DFS.

aoi tsuki

i'm sure it'll be a short (~2 hour) game with mild replay value in the minigames. i think the real appeal comes in the pick-up-and-play gameplay that anyone can play and the overall quirkiness of it.

WarPig

aoi tsuki said:
i'm sure it'll be a short (~2 hour) game with mild replay value in the minigames. i think the real appeal comes in the pick-up-and-play gameplay that anyone can play and the overall quirkiness of it.

The real appeal is in the Maniac mode, where you can dress up your silhouette girlfriend in a Sailor Moon costume and poke her breasts repeatedly with the stylus.

DFS.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I was on the fence regarding XX/XY, but I've actually been pushed into the "wait" catagory. Launch tax, it won't be. Mario 64's minigames will have to be enough to satiate my touch-screen fever until wario ware and yoshi hit early next year.

Unison

How long does the average minigame last? Once you conquer them, can you go back and play your faves?

These are the important issues!!!

WarPig

Unison said:
How long does the average minigame last? Once you conquer them, can you go back and play your faves?

These are the important issues!!!

Games last a couple minutes, maybe, or less, depending on the difficulty level. After you unlock a game on Normal or Hard level, you can revisit it on that difficulty level at any time.

DFS.

ManaByte

Gold Member
WarPig said:
Drohne's right -- Incredible Crisis is the more accurate comparison in terms of pacing and mechanics.

Incredible Crisis still has better sound effects, though.

DFS.

And that awesome dancing stage.

Tortfeasor

Hey Warpig... How long is the entire game start to finish? I know you can play the games again when they get unlocked but is there any reason to? How much replayability is there? I know it looks cool, but I hate to pay good $$ for a game that is 2 hours that I will never touch again after beating.

lexi

Banned
WarPig said:
The real appeal is in the Maniac mode, where you can dress up your silhouette girlfriend in a Sailor Moon costume and poke her breasts repeatedly with the stylus.

Sales +1

Top Bottom