• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

few Tales of Symphonia Qs (Help)

EXP - why doest it differ sometimes while I'm killing the same enemies ?

Grade - how could I raise that thing in battle ?

Skits (or whatever they're called) - can I slow them ? they are insanely fast !!

**Spoilers**

I've unlocked 3 seals, and I've been told to go far North West to something thats facing the middle of earth, I don't remember the exact words. where is that ?

Thanks in advance

IIRC, you get more Grade depending on how you kill an enemy, especially if you kill them quickly. Also, I there is an EX Skill which increases EXP in battle. That might be it.

I think you're next stop is the temple of earth. I think it's the top dot on the map of the (bottom west) continent.

robot

Does everyone get experience after a battle? (ex: characters not in the 4 person party, characters that die during battle)

robot said:
Does everyone get experience after a battle? (ex: characters not in the 4 person party, characters that die during battle)

Dead characters don't I believe, but all party members get EXP and level up regardless of whether or not they're in battle. I also think grade effects EXP and Gald. So you might see jumps or falls based on that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Drinky Crow said:
The skits are TOO FAST? Christ, I stopped watching them after the first ten or so because they were TOO DAMN SLOW.

Same here. I was under a time budget and had to skip skits altogether in order to beat the game in time. They should at least make the dialogue skippable by pressing A

Wario64 said:
Same here. I was under a time budget and had to skip skits altogether in order to beat the game in time. They should at least make the dialogue skippable by pressing A

This is why I always set text speed to the highest setting. A quick way to get through text is to not have it scroll in at all. Then you can tap A through it. Sure, it's not as nice as a keystroke to skip things entirely, but it's good enough.

I love the skits myself, sometimes they can be quite funny.
The one about the quick jump option in the Tower of Mana is hilarious.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Drinky Crow said:
The skits are TOO FAST? Christ, I stopped watching them after the first ten or so because they were TOO DAMN SLOW.

Agree on this one, I just started the game yesterday and they are already annoying me while I sit there for 5+ seconds on each piece of dialogue.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
There is some great stuff in the skits, I would advise against skipping them. =)

I'm glad the common thought is that they're slow. I'd read them so fast and the characters would still be mouthing the second word. I like to watch them, but they really slow things down.

Top Bottom