• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF12 release date? (japan or NA?)

neptunes

Has it changed?

I know that DQ8 will be released next month, but I was wondering if square decided on a release date for 12 yet? (JAPAN or NA?)

I wonder what they're doing to it, Polish? tweaking/balancing? It looks pretty complete to me.

Solid

Elios83 said:
Europe It's better if you find other games to play.
laugh.gif

I don't know why I'm laughing since I live in Europe :(

Elios83

I live in Europe too and FF it's also my favourite series ^_^''
Ayway I think that for February 2006 we'll have the game too :D :D

SantaC

Any Euro who is a FF fanatic, and don't import the US version is dumb. Not only does Europe get the FF games 1 eternity later, but they get a sucky pal conversion.

Elios83

You have to consider that for many people not having localized software is a big problem,if you can't understand the story because of the language barrier in a JRPG you lose a lot.

Solid

Elios83 said:
I live in Europe too and FF it's also my favourite series ^_^''
Ayway I think that for February 2006 we'll have the game too :D :D
Yeah and with all new content like FFX :D

Vargas

I wonder how Square Enix will handle Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy 12 and Kingdom Hearts 2 releaes in North America. Dragon Quest 8 could possibly come out sometime in August with Final Fantasy 12 in November or December, but what about KH2? Will it get pushed to a February 2006 date? I hope not.

Chrono

Banned
Vargas said:
I wonder how Square Enix will handle Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy 12 and Kingdom Hearts 2 releaes in North America. Dragon Quest 8 could possibly come out sometime in August with Final Fantasy 12 in November or December, but what about KH2? Will it get pushed to a February 2006 date? I hope not.

Dragon Quesst 8 = spring 2005

Kingdom Hearts 2 = summer 2005

Final Fantasy XII = fall 2005

I hope so...

Rahul

Remember that Square Enix Ltd is now setting up its own publishing division as well as its localisation branch. Taking this into account, I'd say we get FFXII a lot sooner than we might have before Square Enix started taking Europe seriously.

Star Ocean 3 only took a month to get here, and it even came with a Ubisoft-produced bonus disc.

Elios83

Rahul said:
Remember that Square Enix Ltd is now setting up its own publishing division as well as its localisation branch. Taking this into account, I'd say we get FFXII a lot sooner than we might have before Square Enix started taking Europe seriously.

Star Ocean 3 only took a month to get here, and it even came with a Ubisoft-produced bonus disc.

It took a month but it wasn't localized.It's the Us version with black borders.
Anyway I hope just like you that with the establishment of Square Enix Ltd things will change for us Pal gamers :(

Rahul

Elios83 said:
It took a month but it wasn't localized.It's the Us version with black borders.
Anyway I hope just like you that with the establishment of Square Enix Ltd things will change for us Pal gamers :(

It wasn't translated to French and German?

Chrono said:
Dragon Quesst 8 = spring 2005

Kingdom Hearts 2 = summer 2005

I hope so...
More like:

Dragon Quest VIII = spring (March?) 2005

Final Fantasy XII = summer (August?) 2005

Kingdom Hearts II = fall (November?) 2005

Square Enix, specifically Nomura, has stated repeatedly that that's the release order in both JP/US.

Chrono

Banned
Prince of Space said:
More like:

Square Enix, specifically Nomura, has stated repeatedly that that's the release order in both JP/US.

Getting FFXII in the summer will be awesome... but that means it's only going to be Zelda against Xenon in fall '05. :(

Elios83

Rahul said:
It wasn't translated to French and German?

Nope it's only English.
Square fully localized games as Final Fantasy are in five languages:English,French,German,Italian,Spanish.

Rahul

Elios83 said:
Nope it's only English.
Square fully localized games as Final Fantasy are in five languages:English,French,German,Italian,Spanish.

Yeah, I know. That's sucktastic then. I'd expect something like the Star Ocean franchise to receive the same kind of attention, but I guess it's not a "pillar".

jarrod

Banned
Prince of Space said:
More like:

Too quick, more likely...

Dragon Warrior VIII = summer 2005

Kingdom Hearts 2 = winter 2005/2006

Top Bottom