• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7: Advent Children - New Screens

olimario

Banned
FFVII001.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII002.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII003.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII004.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII005.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII006.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII007.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII008.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII009.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII010.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII011.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII012.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII013.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII014.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII015.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII016.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII017.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII018.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

FFVII019.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

lachesis

Whoa... delicious screens, indeed. :)

For some reason... I'm getting confused with FF8 as seeing this. It's not a good sign when I am being reminded Squall from Claud, Rinoa from Tifa. Dunno - perhaps it's just me.

lachesis

teiresias

And by new screens you mean "hi-res versions of stuff we've seen before", right? :D

I wish they'd just release the damn thing already.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I want the entire original story of FFVII told with these graphics now.

Damn cocktease...how can they call out a compilation of FFVII without an upgrade of the Core product - FFVII itself?! I wouldn't want a remake with this design, though, stay with the anime style. Just make a full 3D remakes with characters orientated on the upgraded Nomura-arts from Before Crisis.
wall-002-800.jpg

And I really want to know what we can expect by Crisis Core...

EGM92

Orgasmic! simply orgasmic! these are the very first hi-res shots I've ever seen and it looks stunning! I want this now!!

jett

D-Member
Leguna said:
olimario:
Thanks for posting the pics! This movie is going to be the best film ever.

Sure...probably won't be as influential as The Matrix though...

tasty shit. I hope they cinema release it first! . Nah. I want this mother. make it a DVD release. I will import. Hopefully they'll sub it.

* why does everyone look like a JPOP singer... even cid who looks like he's rejuvenated abotu 30 years.

jett

D-Member
Hmm...just noticed that the hair looks pretty crappy in the stills taken from the film, compared to the promotional renders. Weird.

miyuru

I have posters of Cloud and Seph each, taken from this picture:

FFVII014.jpg.asset_rgb.jpg

Sure they're fake posters, but they look nice! Maybe I'll eBay them...

En-ou

why do some of square's male characters look like girls? they have a gay artist or something? sheesh!

En-ou said:
why do some of square's male characters look like girls? they have a gay artist or something? sheesh!

I really only like FFVII, but still, don't hate on Tetsuya Nomura.

tetsuya.jpg

He does look a bit metro-sexual though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
En-ou said:

It's a style, for chrissakes. You'd think by now American gamers would be exposed enough to Japanese art and anime to figure out uber-butch white males are not the standard male image for the rest of the world. Hell, the [DEEP ECHO]BIFF THUNDERCHUNK[/DEEP ECHO] male image isn't even consistent in the history the non-asian world - look at the male fashion of the Victorian era.

Of course, if some of their artists happen to be gay, and are better at portraying the style because of it, more power to 'em.

hirokazu

Thanks Oli! i've been looking for a nice, clean hi-res logo for ages! and the massive pics. :D

can't wait for the film to actually come out though :/

JeFfRey said:
I still hope that Crisis Core is the remake :-/.

the fact that its stated to be an Action RPG says otherwise.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
hirokazu said:
Thanks Oli! i've been looking for a nice, clean hi-res logo for ages! and the massive pics. :D

can't wait for the film to actually come out though :/

the fact that its stated to be an Action RPG says otherwise.

Wasn't Final Fantasy X-2 also revealed as an ARPG due to the jumping sequences?

TheGreenGiant said:
* why does everyone look like a JPOP singer... even cid who looks like he's rejuvenated abotu 30 years.

Because Nomura uses Jrock singers as the basis of alot of his designs. Gackt seems to be his favorite to use.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
About the male characters being flamers...FFVII isn't that bad.

But if you want to call FFXII's character art a style, then it's a flaming style:

http://www.ff12.com/characters/vaan.html

I don't think I've seen anyone in real life that flaming. He's got a f*cking purse!

firex

nice level of detail and amazing graphics, but i have to admit, this style seems a little predictable to me now.

jiggle

jett said:
Hmm...just noticed that the hair looks pretty crappy in the stills taken from the film, compared to the promotional renders. Weird.

Probably cuz they painted over the promo images, whereas the screen caps only have flat textures.

Guess the FF:TSW hair thing they developed is just too time consuming/expensive for this movie.

Top Bottom