• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFIII Teaser

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Holy shit! How did they pack so much game footage into one teaser!?

(get him while he's distracted)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Holy shit! How did they pack so much game footage into one teaser!?

(get him while he's distracted)
The original title was 'FF III trailer'. I posted it before I watched it, Not thread worthy.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I finally have a reason to buy the DS. This is the most exciting news I've heard in years! (Well, not quite, but I'm still stoked!)

From the Wonderswan Colour version (which was cancelled):

2-wsc.jpg

ff3-02.jpg

The NES version, which was the first FF to include the job system:

1636.gif

760.gif

jarrod

Banned
speedpop said:
Here's a thought.

Will Square do lush 2D or go for a 3D remake?
2D I'd wager... it'll be using the WSC version as a base no doubt. Square Enix's only shown DS game so far is fully 2D (Egg Monster Hero).

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
*still patiently waits for a VI remake*

Tabris

I want it either on GBA, PSOne or PS2 over DS

On GBA, it would at least finalize the "NES FF" game collection, and on PSOne it would finalize the entire FF collection.

It's not like the graphics are going to be any different between any of the 3 possible platforms since they're just going to take the canceled wonderswan project, tune it up a bit and ship it out.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
A big issue with FFIII was the menus taking forever to go through when changing classes, equipping, and so on, it was a bit excessive, but hey, they only had 4 buttons to work with. Now on the DS though, heheheheh.

Flakster99

This rivals Mario 64 DS as my most anticipated game, easily. Omg i am beyond excited, thank you SquareEnix.. 2D forever!

Soul4ger

That article on GameSpot FUCKING RULED. Possible mobile ports, like Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis? Oh, I like that. I normally dread anything Kawazu is involved with, but this gives me hope!

And FFIII for DS? I love me my Famicom version. Can not wait to get this. Argh, too much in one day. Especially for a portable gaming nut like muhself. ::twitches::

To those complaining about DS port because you can't have the "complete collection," it is backwards compatible with GBA games. And the GBA FFI&II is supposed to be amazing. This is perfect, just perfect. These games are ideal on handhelds.

Gattsu25

Banned
fucking brilliant

why didn't I ever think of such an absurdly simple use of the touchscreen? menu based RPGs....damn...going to have to reconsider which handheld I buy :b

Akitoshi Kawazu, please don't ruin the virtually perfect Final Fantasy III, please, please please, please, please... I've played all of your games (some not for very long, others to the end) you are a maniacal genius or an idiot savant. Please don't mess the game up trying to implement some fascinating idea on paper that makes the game unplayable in practice.

Top Bottom