• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Smash 4 players don't want to make Miiverse, Battlefield and Dreamland 64 all legal for some reason.

I don't give a fuck if Miiverse and Battlefield share the same dimensions, make them both legal.

Because stage striking would be silly if you had really similar BFs copies? Save that for counterpicks.

If one person wants BF and the other person doesn't want BF at all, the stage striking would favor the former.

Tripon

Because stage striking would be silly if you had really similar BFs copies? Save that for counterpicks.

If one person wants BF and the other person doesn't want BF at all, the stage striking would favor the former.
That's why you have two bans. Stage striking ksnt about eliminating all bad stages for your character, it's about trying to limit it.

And not liking a stage because it sucks for your character is not a good reason to ban a stage and goes directly against the supposed logic of having a stage list in the first place. We might as well just play on FD/BF/SV like the Japanese do and stop fucking around.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's why you have two bans. Stage striking ksnt about eliminating all bad stages for your character, it's about trying to limit it.

And not liking a stage because it sucks for your character is not a good reason to ban a stage and goes directly against the supposed logic of having a stage list in the first place. We might as well just play on FD/BF/SV like the Japanese do and stop fucking around.

Exactly, it's trying to limit it. To me the current stage striking list at least offers a variety. The stages with 3 platforms are different from one another so stage striking at least does something. I don't see what's wrong with that format for starter stages. If I'm fighting a ZSS and I had 3 BFs off of the starter list, I don't feel like there's a lot of limiting being done when it's my turn to strike.

I don't understand your argument on bans though. The bans happen after the first match. I don't mind there being a lot of BFs to choose from in the counterpicking phase, loser gets to choose the stage that benefits them. For that last line were you talking about bans in the ruleset or bans from players?

Tripon

Exactly, it's trying to limit it. To me the current stage striking list at least offers a variety. The stages with 3 platforms are different from one another so stage striking at least does something. I don't see what's wrong with that format for starter stages. If I'm fighting a ZSS and I had 3 BFs off of the starter list, I don't feel like there's a lot of limiting being done when it's my turn to strike.

I don't understand your argument on bans though. The bans happen after the first match. I don't mind there being a lot of BFs to choose from in the counterpicking phase, loser gets to choose the stage that benefits them. For that last line were you talking about bans in the ruleset or bans from players?
Bans from players. I guess I don't mind if you make BF or Miiverse a counter pick or starter or however you work it out. But the current rule I see is that Miiverse is an alt for BF or banned entirely because of its similarity to BF and I just roll my eyes at that.

Shun

someone in norcal selling qanba q4 for 90 use basically new and stock. get a brook convert that is cheap for someone who need a stick.

TheChits

Daigoat
EWmof.gif

Tripon

Apex 2016 at that same convention center they were at in 2015 after their first venue literally had their roof caved in.

Nightii

Banned
Yeah, it was just fine an hour ago, right now I can't even move fast enough to invite somebody before it DCs me out of the lounge.

FSLink

Banned
I've argued it elsewhere but yeah the 1111 Mii rule is really dumb.

All specials or banned Miis I feel. No Mii Brawler main wants to use 1111, it's easily the worst character in the game. I roll my eyes everytime I see it higher than Swordfighter and Gunner in 1111 tier lists.

Stage lists with both Dreamland 64 and Battlefield as starters is questionable too when there's only 1 ban.

IMO make the baseline should be:

Final Destination/Omega Stages (Omega treated same during banning process, can gentlemen pick to Omega stage at beginning)
Battlefield/Miiverse (same as above)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Town and City

Counterpick:
Dreamland 64
Umbra Clock Tower (except at EVO, I'm assuming there's a music license thing going on)
Duck Hunt
Kongo Jungle*

*Doubles only
Add in stuff like Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd (eh), Skyloft, Wuhu Island and such depending on how liberal your community is with stages.

Two bans is fine, but there's also the issue of the more bans you introduce, the easier it becomes to not bother learning certain stages since you could ban them.

EDIT:

Actually full list stage striking would work tons better and fix that issue of # of bans.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Dreamland 64
Umbra Clock Tower
Duck Hunt
A 9th stage to make it odd to make FLSS work. Miiverse, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza would be pretty good candidates here.

Does anyone still play SFV Ranked? I just play casual and lobbies now. People don't DC in casual and you still get fight money. There is pretty much zero incentive to play Ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom