• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More footage of Snake Eyes beasting on people with Zangief.

KI does this by putting folks in Jail. TBF the system was pretty broken at first but I feel like it's improved since S2

Wouldn't that mean that they would be able to climb the ladder without playing the vast majority of the players out there?

LPQ doesn't give points

It's just a 5 game penalty you have to play in order to be allowed back into the normal queue, and if you ragequit those then the penalty gets extended. It's even worse in DOTA because you're playing with 9 people who also did something to get sent to the home of infinite losers

This is the idea right here.

It will incentive rage quitters to stop otherwise they'll have to deal with other people who do the same. Even if people try to stagger out their rage quits to try and somehow avoid the LPQ it will still result in a lower amount of rage quits overall.

Though to be fair I don't think just implementing DOTA/LoL's LPQ system would work in a game with a smaller player pool like SF, and those mobas can allow (maybe even require) relatively severe punishments because the base game is free, while SFV is a full-priced game. LPQ would turn into just a straight up matchmaking ban in SF, because once people stop ragequitting every match it means you'd never find enough people to play in order to get your parole matches in, since there aren't millions of Peruvians keeping your LPQ active and vibrant.

Capcom just needs a way to see who disconnects and give them the loss, and the fact that they can't be bothered to even with their online shit being tied to everything is embarrassing. If anything, making your opponent disconnect in Street Fighter is super gratifying, and I'd actually prefer they be allowed to if I still get my win.

Though to be fair I don't think just implementing DOTA/LoL's LPQ system would work in a game with a smaller player pool like SF, and those mobas can allow (maybe even require) relatively severe punishments because the base game is free, while SFV is a full-priced game. LPQ would turn into just a straight up matchmaking ban in SF, because once people stop ragequitting every match it means you'd never find enough people to play in order to get your parole matches in, since there aren't millions of Peruvians keeping your LPQ active and vibrant.

Capcom just needs a way to see who disconnects and give them the loss, and the fact that they can't be bothered to even with their online shit being tied to everything is embarrassing. If anything, making your opponent disconnect in Street Fighter is super gratifying, and I'd actually prefer they be allowed to if I still get my win.

Fair points.

If they just registered a rage quit as a loss and a win for the opponent that would go a long way towards stopping people who are doing it to protect their ranking.

I really like Gief in SFV, I like him much more than FANG. I think for the moment, he'll be my sub.

Man, I'm playing all grapplers in SFV so far. Birdie, Gief and probably Alex as well.

I don't have the game yet but I am considering trying out Zangief even though I don't normally play grapplers just because I find Snake Eyes' Gief play to be really entertaining.

MrDaravon

I am thoroughly enjoying watching SFV at the moment, goddamn. I've still only been able to play maybe 4-5 hours of it, but I'm very happy overall with how it seems to be shaping up, how it feels to watch and play etc.

I'm not sure who I really want to sink time into the game with; in all of the past SF games I've usually mained Ken + Chun which seems especially solid in this iteration, and I've spent most of my limited time with Chun but I'm just not sure if I have the execution to play her at a solid level to be honest. Not sure how to reconcile wanting to play a character but not being able to play them well.

Shun

I don't think anyone here watched the Dissidia Final Fantasy tournament but there is a thread now.

Game is still kusoge but it is getting better.

All the players there are all top quality people.

Yea, Jaeger, black moon, kwiggle and more. My buddy who was just on stream (Tina that lost to lord xavier) is friends with kwiggle so he has me talking with him about Kasumi shit. Imma get bopper due to lack of practice but idc, game is putting on a great showing

ShinMaruku

Yea, Jaeger, black moon, kwiggle and more. My buddy who was just on stream (Tina that lost to lord xavier) is friends with kwiggle so he has me talking with him about Kasumi shit. Imma get bopper due to lack of practice but idc, game is putting on a great showing

I know a few of em and from time to time they do join my DOA lobbies. Hell launch week I had all of them on at once point. I got a perfect on sonicfox and kqiggle before they destoryed me. :E It's great what the community on DOA does and it does go to note it was the first big back by first party fighting game esport that failed due to that failed plan and having that dove kut Itagaki there.

One of the worst parts about a new game major is the commentator constantly criticizing players for failing to punish moves. So annoying.

Dahbomb

Man Gootecks shimmy is so good in this game, I love it!

And I definitely am NOT talking about the GAF user of the same name...

Dahbomb

It's not even rage quitting, it's tactical scumbaggery. Until a disconnect punishment is implemented, this is the optimum way to play online.

pizzacat

Banned
People are giving him no mercy in the SFV thread.
I was reading a bit and vulva caught some mika user too. I stick to casual anyway

Also is anyone listed as another part of the country? The map in the background has me in New Jersey or something? I'm in Florida lol

I was reading a bit and vulva caught some mika user too. I stick to casual anyway

Also is anyone listed as another part of the country? The map in the background has me in New Jersey or something? I'm in Florida lol

Yeah I just started playing casual, and I'm having a much better time.

petghost

Banned
It's not even rage quitting, it's tactical scumbaggery. Until a disconnect punishment is implemented, this is the optimum way to play online.

That's true it's not necessarily a crime of passion is it...these dudes scheming on how to keep their streaks going etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom