• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I was able to go to one in Cali before it closed down.

I can't remember what the name of the place was anymore but I played some BBCS, SF4 and KOF12 (I think it was 12).

If I ever end up in Japan I'd definitely like to visit some of their arcades like that Mikado one.

There's a couple of Round Ones in So Cali. Certain nights there's plenty of Ultra/BlazBlue action. But seeing the pics from Japan just brings me back days of nostalgia arcade hopping.

jerry1594

Is it worth it?

They only have like super old fighting games
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

Shun

Oh, I mean the promo is only for old fighting games... I think

No their second floor is all new games with Nesica/Sega All Net etc.

Their older games always 50円

It's packed not just because of the promotion but because there is also a King of Fighters tournament going on at Mikado right now.

Requeim

Best part of both money matches was the commentary. Well, Neo is so-so at times, but Yipes, Steve and Kbrad brought their A-game. And that part was hilarious at least.

The marvel 2 MM was really good too. The less said about the marvel 3 one, the better.

Shun

I dunno

I'm just reading their blog

http://blog02.mi-ka-do.net/?eid=1035370

All they listed are old titles

Nah some of those games are 100円 most older games are 50円. They open it up to the newer machines not named Project Diva during later times too. Mikado keeps older games and communities alive.

Promo is going on for a few hours now and going for another 3 hours and 1000円 is already 20 plays which goes by pretty quickly. If you are staying for a couple hours it is well worth it.

Sayad

Perfect summary, except I would specifically add the part where FChamp got a mic and yelled in KBR's face.
Isn't this the kind of stuff Big-E said he wont tolerate at his events just a few weeks ago?!! I only saw the end of the match, and it seemed that when Champ was going back to talk shit after popping off, Big-E pushed him away, surprised he allowed this during the match!

Anne

If only arcades were still a thing in North America.

I was posting pics from my arcade visit today in Discord. I wish it were alive for more than just us, but it's a very particular thing to do. The biggest thing that hurts tbh is the fact I know we won't get new games ever, they're all locked to Japan in some way.

Isn't this the kind of stuff Big-E said he wont tolerate at his events just a few weeks ago?!! I only saw the end of the match, and it seemed that when Champ was going back to talk shit after popping off, Big-E pushed him away, surprised he allowed this during the match!

Big E is very hit and miss. Nice enough guy, but I think he's not quite sure how to go about these type things yet. It is a bit of a weird spot because this is how thing's used to be but way worse, now people gotta decide where to put the foot down and you just don't know.

I was posting pics from my arcade visit today in Discord. I wish it were alive for more than just us, but it's a very particular thing to do. The biggest thing that hurts tbh is the fact I know we won't get new games ever, they're all locked to Japan in some way.

Big E is very hit and miss. Nice enough guy, but I think he's not quite sure how to go about these type things yet. It is a bit of a weird spot because this is how thing's used to be but way worse, now people gotta decide where to put the foot down and you just don't know.

Post them here?

Shun

Regardless of how big of a pervert he is, ogawa fearless play always amaze me.

Jack-O is still a pretty weird matchup tho with all the ground she can cover with certain characters.

NEO0MJ

How so? Just lack of budget or is there another reason?

Made a Doom side-switch video if anybody cares.
Somebody else still plays marvel, right!?

Not after today. Game is finished.

Mike (Jack-O) vs Ogawa (Zato-1) matches from yesterday on Jonio's stream.

Jack-O seems like a huge pain in the ass to deal with when she has all the pumpkins/minions out. Especially since they still attack while she's blocking so if you can't open her up in time you have to call off your offense.

There's a couple of Round Ones in So Cali. Certain nights there's plenty of Ultra/BlazBlue action. But seeing the pics from Japan just brings me back days of nostalgia arcade hopping.

If I'm ever in California again I'll be sure to try and visit one.

On one hand I can understand systems like NESiCA that let you track your personal stats with a card but at the same time it's only available in Japan unless something has changed since I last read about it.

Actually I remember Rhapsody talking about about playing BBCF at an arcade in the US somewhere. Does that mean cabs are starting to be offered without online integration or is that just a special case?

Sayad

Mike (Jack-O) vs Ogawa (Zato-1) matches from yesterday on Jonio's stream.

Jack-O seems like a huge pain in the ass to deal with when she has all the pumpkins/minions out. Especially since they still attack while she's blocking so if you can't open her up in time you have to call off your offense.
Looks like an especially bad match up for Zato, between the minions saving her while blocking, snipping Eddie with that air projectile and her projectiles shield making Eddie useless, Eddie doesn't get much use during neutral. Using Zato's OD to kill the minions seems like an essential part of the match up.

Kumubou

On one hand I can understand systems like NESiCA that let you track your personal stats with a card but at the same time it's only available in Japan unless something has changed since I last read about it.

Actually I remember Rhapsody talking about about playing BBCF at an arcade in the US somewhere. Does that mean cabs are starting to be offered without online integration or is that just a special case?
There's a number of reasons (from logistical to legal) as to why network services aren't available outside of Japan (and some other asian countries in certain instances), but it fundamentally comes down to that there's little to gain for the companies to set up the infrastructure required for said services to work in other parts of the world.

There are a couple of places where you can play BBCF in the US and that is a special circumstance, as those are all Round 1s in the US. They can do it because... honestly, they're one of the biggest vendors for all of the arcade game producers in Japan and they were looking to expand internationally, so they had the clout to work something out. Even then, it's rather limited as the Nesica cabinets in the US have only BBCPEX, BBCF and USF4. (To my knowledge, R1 still has to license out each game individually for use internationally, as most games don't have any negotiated rights for use outside of Asia with possible license holders). There's also the fun fact that both Nesica and e-amusement (Konami's network, which R1 has access to as well) go into maintenance during the evening in the US. (Why the networks need maintenance every night, who knows.)

No clue. The disrespect was so massive that I almost thought it was staged.

galvenize

Gootecks had a good run with Mika at CWC, reaching top 8 and all that. He should really stick with R.Mika, he gave Phenom a free two rounds trying to play Ryu.

Tripon

Trying to play hard Survival with Ryu with casual and ranking mode turned on.

I swear the lag on the ranking matches is making saltier than the input reading AI, lol.

How did Karst get banned?

Looks like an especially bad match up for Zato, between the minions saving her while blocking, snipping Eddie with that air projectile and her projectiles shield making Eddie useless, Eddie doesn't get much use during neutral. Using Zato's OD to kill the minions seems like an essential part of the match up.

In a previous Jack-O vs Johnny match I noticed that Blitz Shield actually stops the minions as well, so that's another option you have if you're getting pressured by Jack-O.

There's a number of reasons (from logistical to legal) as to why network services aren't available outside of Japan (and some other asian countries in certain instances), but it fundamentally comes down to that there's little to gain for the companies to set up the infrastructure required for said services to work in other parts of the world.

There are a couple of places where you can play BBCF in the US and that is a special circumstance, as those are all Round 1s in the US. They can do it because... honestly, they're one of the biggest vendors for all of the arcade game producers in Japan and they were looking to expand internationally, so they had the clout to work something out. Even then, it's rather limited as the Nesica cabinets in the US have only BBCPEX, BBCF and USF4. (To my knowledge, R1 still has to license out each game individually for use internationally, as most games don't have any negotiated rights for use outside of Asia with possible license holders). There's also the fun fact that both Nesica and e-amusement (Konami's network, which R1 has access to as well) go into maintenance during the evening in the US. (Why the networks need maintenance every night, who knows.)

So it was a special case then. Does Round 1 have any arcades in Canada or have they only expanded into the US?

I'm impressed. I wanted to get Revelator because I like Johnny, but Jack-O looks really interesting. I wasn't really a huge fan of anyone in Xrd.

I'm really interested in also seeing more of the new characters like Kum and Raven
and Dizzy since we haven't seen any footage of her at all so far.

The thing that gets me about ArcSys fighters is how they tend to innovate in terms of character concepts and tool sets. I think Jack-O is a pretty good example of that. I can't think of another fighting game character that is similar from a playstyle perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom