• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

F Champ vs. KBR was awesome.

No chance it was staged and no chance F Champ is acting or playing a heel. He's just an asshole(at least sometimes). He's a passionate, hyper competitive, alpha male type. Competition can bring out of the worst of those people. I don't understand why people are surprised, it's gotta be common in competition.

I just keep wondering what kind of self control KBR has that kept him from punching out Champ or at least saying something harsh.

MechaX

I just keep wondering what kind of self control KBR has that kept him from punching out Champ or at least saying something harsh.

KBR was probably just thinking "Fuck this guy, but keep it cool.. He's going to fuck it all up when it really matters."

But Champ putting hands on him (and Cosmos) isn't even tolerated in unscripted WWE. That shit would have started fights in the Marvel 2 days.

Why do people keep saying this? For all the crying pictures people post, and all the times KBR has been interviewed, why would he do something like that

KBR was probably just thinking "Fuck this guy, but keep it cool.. He's going to fuck it all up when it really matters."

But Champ putting hands on him (and Cosmos) isn't even tolerated in unscripted WWE. That shit would have started fights in the Marvel 2 days.

In WWE, Titus put his hands on Vince in a joking way and he got suspended for months. That shit doesn't fly, especially when it involves the boss.

VariantX

Wait, WTF?

Nightii

Banned
who punches flies?

post-61642-boxer-homer-simpson-punches-fl-XJG0.gif

Dahbomb

But it's a good thing though, right? Champ's circus act is breathing life into umvc3

Maybe we can have an actual real life fight next time
No, it's not a good thing.

It's not a good thing to incessantly berate someone for not participating in a MM.

It's not a good thing that FChamp laid hands on both Kosmos and KBR.

I was saying that in either of those instances there have been physical altercations. FChamp may have crossed the line and he could easily have been decked by someone at WB. No matter what anyone says on the matter, KBR came out the better man on that weekend and not just because he won the tournament.

Shun

I mean there are occasional fights in game centers over the dumbest shit in Gundam EXVS or Hatsune Miku Project Diva. It extends to some other popular games too and the machines actually get blood on them.

Thankfully it is a minor thing and not tolerated, especially during events and more busy hours.

You can have fun and maintain the spirit of competition without having to devolve into physical combat or unnecessary harassment. There are less fights in the NBA now people still talk shit but it is for the most part regulated and competition is still intense.

In public events, harassment should not be tolerated at all. People want to be professional like the NBA, but they need to keep people in check since players of the still think and act like it is college basketball.

Even if you are a casual and not a professional atmosphere a level of respect should still be held no matter what.

MechaX

Goddamn, even hadoken movements with Ryu is giving my right hand all cramps on the stick. Either I need to figure out a way to place this thing better while playing or my hands are failing me.

I have to imagine that carpal tunnel has to be a thing in the FGC.

I mean there are occasional fights in game centers over the dumbest shit in Gundam EXVS or Hatsune Miku Project Diva.

EXVS triples salt because of the teammate aspect. Why get salty at your opponent (x2) when you can just get salty at your teammate too?

miku

I mean there are occasional fights in game centers over the dumbest shit in Gundam EXVS or Hatsune Miku Project Diva. It extends to some other popular games too and the machines actually get blood on them.

Occasional fights over miku?

What do they argues about?

ShinMaruku

Thankfully it is a minor thing and not tolerated, especially during events and more busy hours.

You can have fun and maintain the spirit of competition without having to devolve into physical combat or unnecessary harassment. There are less fights in the NBA now people still talk shit but it is for the most part regulated and competition is still intense.

In public events, harassment should not be tolerated at all. People want to be professional like the NBA, but they need to keep people in check since players of the still think and act like it is college basketball.

Even if you are a casual and not a professional atmosphere a level of respect should still be held no matter what.
This is why I never cared for the whole champ and kbr hype thing, it will sooner or later go into a point where somebody will go overboard and then shit will happen. Better you keep it without the touching and what not. It's not a good look to be in another human's being personal space, you should respect that.

lol, sorry Six. I hit options thinking it would bring up the menu. It went into the game instead,

Yea, I mashed start for no reason. I'll RQ on you.

GGs. This is the first time I fought a Zangief and really had a set against Birdie with Fang. As the set went on, the hunger debuff was making me more complacent and defensive. I found that I work better on offense with him. Zangief threw me for a loop. I think I should try to pressure him more with Fang. UltraDavid on SRK think it's in Giefs favor 6-4 because of the damage differential and I felt worried about using reversals since they are throwable. Against Birdie, since I play him on the side a little, I know his normals have some startup, so I figured I can use Fang's normals to his advantage and prevent you before it got started. It only took 1 momentum swing for either of your characters to break Fang. Let's play again sometimes.

Shouta

Yea, I mashed start for no reason. I'll RQ on you.

GGs. This is the first time I fought a Zangief and really had a set against Birdie with Fang. As the set went on, the hunger debuff was making me more complacent and defensive. I found that I work better on offense with him. Zangief threw me for a loop. I think I should try to pressure him more with Fang. UltraDavid on SRK think it's in Giefs favor 6-4 because of the damage differential and I felt worried about using reversals since they are throwable. Against Birdie, since I play him on the side a little, I know his normals have some startup, so I figured I can use Fang's normals to his advantage and prevent you before it got started. It only took 1 momentum swing for either of your characters to break Fang. Let's play again sometimes.

GGs, I tried too many things to get a feel for the match with Birdie there like with all the cr.lk confirms, lol. I've got a pretty good idea how to deal with the pressure up close from Fang now though. Most Fangs in silver just throw poison and then panic when I snatch them with the chain. Tried the same against Dhalsim but forgot to hit buttons on teleports. RIP me.

I think both matches aren't favorable to Fang. Pretty easy to get blown up if you aren't careful and both characters control certain areas that make it hard for him to play a full game.

The Light

Eh don't see how it went too far. Champ was just putting on a show. It was nothing like when everyone was going after kbr for outside the game stuff on Twitter.

Marz

Eh don't see how it went too far. Champ was just putting on a show. It was nothing like when everyone was going after kbr for outside the game stuff on Twitter.

If i ever see you at a tournament and we play ill make sure i act just like that and well see how you take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom