• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightii

Banned
Eh don't see how it went too far. Champ was just putting on a show. It was nothing like when everyone was going after kbr for outside the game stuff on Twitter.

Nah, that's just a bullshit excuse for people to amuse themselves, being an asshole and laying hands on somebody is still just being an asshole and laying hands on somebody.

Shun

Occasional fights over miku?

What do they argues about?

Dumb shit like using the machine too much and not minding people waiting or missing a full combo and not getting the score you want and abusing machines.

People do stupid shit and abuse the machines and facility because of their immaturity. Luckily it is not very often at all and it would never happen at a bigger more known game center.

CacRSqqVAAEsHBl.jpg

Dumb shit like using the machine too much and not minding people waiting or missing a full combo and not getting the score you want and abusing machines.

People do stupid shit and abuse the machines and facility because of their immaturity. Luckily it is not very often at all and it would never happen at a bigger more known game center.

CacRSqqVAAEsHBl.jpg

shit's srs bsns.

ShinMaruku

Nah, that's just a bullshit excuse for people to amuse themselves, being an asshole and laying hands on somebody is still just being an asshole and laying hands on somebody.

I agree. Some may not see it that bad , but getting in somebody's personal space is still fuckery.

Rhapsody

Banned

Had no idea what I was looking at for awhile. Then :(

MrDaravon

Today is the day I've realized I'm never going to be good at fighting games, sigh :/.

CacRSqrVIAAFMor.jpg
CacRSqqUEAAhiCv.jpg

It happens to other games too.

How the fuck you get so mad that you break the glass on the machine.

Jesus. We've come a long way from Noel vs. Samba de Amigo I suppose.

CacRSqqVAAEsHBl.jpg

God damn

miku

CacRSqqVAAEsHBl.jpg

CacRSqrVIAAFMor.jpg
CacRSqqUEAAhiCv.jpg

Oh wow, this is scary

Did you took those pics?

Shun

Oh wow, this is scary

Did you took those pics?

No I saw it on my news feed it was in Round One Yokohama. It happen like 3 weeks ago.

Stuff like this would never fly in Round One Susukino or Maxim Hero or any of the other game centers in Sapporo.

I don't even think people would bother since home is where they do Snow Miku every year.

Dahbomb

Nice, he won KoF as well
Yeah that's what I got from it too lol.

Seemed like KBR approached the exhibition as a way to get some experience against fighting FChamp. He wasn't really interested in it all that much and was surprised people made such a big deal about it. Though he definitely did not like what was done as he thought it wasn't very professional.

MechaX

Eh don't see how it went too far. Champ was just putting on a show. It was nothing like when everyone was going after kbr for outside the game stuff on Twitter.

People saying shit over tens of thousands of miles away over the internet is one thing.

Having someone less than a foot away from you openly mocking you, getting in your face, and putting is hands on you is entirely different.

Fight or Flight responses are very real and I do not recommend that anyone actually try to pull what Champ did on anyone IRL, even if it was to "put on a show."

gonna put hands on somebody for fucking up in exvs

Why use hands when I can use newtype pressure

People saying shit over tens of thousands of miles away over the internet is one thing.

Having someone less than a foot away from you openly mocking you, getting in your face, and putting is hands on you is entirely different.

Fight or Flight responses are very real and I do not recommend that anyone actually try to pull what Champ did on anyone IRL, even if it was to "put on a show."

gonna put hands on somebody for fucking up in exvs

Tripon

Lol, I ordered the HRAP 4 kai from Hori. I'm looking at their offices and its literally 2 miles awayin the same city (Torrance). I should have called them and say I will just pick it up. Would have been faster for me to pick it up than wait the 3 days it took to ship.

They actually sent the stick the next town over to bring it back in Torrance.

Not the first time something like this happened, Noel Brown and Smooth Viper destroyed a Samba de Amigo machine when they got into that brawl. RIP Amigo.

Tripon

It's dumb that you can't link your CFN ID on PC and PS4. So now on PC, I am Ultraclarity. Guess that name lives for its own purpose.

EXVS triples salt because of the teammate aspect. Why get salty at your opponent (x2) when you can just get salty at your teammate too?
Well I mean things happen.

Like you see someone play GP-01 and then you join their team and pick Unicorn because that's an easy simple 3K lead.

Suddenly they switch to Delta Plus, except they don't know how to play Delta Plus all that well.

Then they don't actually play back either.

So you are just sitting there wondering where did things go so wrong in your life.

Rhapsody

Banned
There are a lot of Nine players in the BBCF top rankings in Japan, six of them in top 15 lol

The character looks scarier and scarier each week, especially Fumi's.

Just went on the Capcom cup website and I guess the ranking events count towards regional and global. Okay that makes more sense. I was confused by this ranking system a little bit.

Why use hands when I can use newtype pressure

you gotta be born in space to use that. Come on man

The Light

If i ever see you at a tournament and we play ill make sure i act just like that and well see how you take it.
People have different responses toward this. Not everyone will try to throw hands.
Oh I'm not denying that he was being an asshole. I just believe he dialed it up for what he perceived as entertainment.

Honestly doesn't matter if its the net or right in front of you as disrespect is disrespect.

If kbr told champ to chill with the hands he probably would've done so. Unless champ had the intention to actually try and piss kbr off to the point where he would want to swing on him. However I doubt that was his intention.

My perspective on this is from the viewpoint of trash talk and physical play in playground basketball. Some people will dish it back all day while others have their limits to it and may swing. Probably can file kbr under those who can handle it.
Also I'm not denying the fact that it can lead to fight or flight responses. Just saying that people have different reactions toward it in competitive settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom