• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

He pretty much lives on the Neogaf Fighting game Discord group. Here's an invite for anyone looking to chat and get matches in shit 24/7. Folks are always on and you can even get an app for your phone and catch messages all the time. Discord is definitely the best way I've found to setup matches in even obscure shit.

https://discord.gg/0k5FzWm2CUIrSXNv

Basically you can sign in on your browser as a guest with any name and use the chat or on your phone. If you download it for free you get to make private groups that are invite only for whatever game you choose. Just put your links out on boards and folks tend to spread these things like wildfire. I even get regular Arcana Heart matches when I want them now thanks to discord groups and I'm talking on PS3 not PC.

I do use discord, but much like these threads I just lurk.

Pretty fantastic video! Ah, another opportunity to tempt me with an eTokki stick
Availability: Out of Stock
Laugh pls

I do use discord, but much like these threads I just lurk.

Pretty fantastic video! Ah, another opportunity to tempt me with an eTokki stick
Availability: Out of Stock
Laugh pls

I wish etokki would re-stock the PS2->360 adapter but I imagine there's literally no demand, lol

jerry1594

Apparently the ps2->360 adaptor is the exact same one sold (and manufactured) by Xarcade. It's pretty shit.
If you are interested in one by Brook since zts says their ps2->ps4 one is good, try letting @tsongihy on twitter know. Dude seems really enthusiastic lol.

Astarte

I wish etokki would re-stock the PS2->360 adapter but I imagine there's literally no demand, lol

I doubt that anything will be restocked at this rate. It's like Laugh shows up every 6 months to remind us that he exists and fades away like a k-drama sub plot.

jerry1594

yikes, bullet dodged

the ps2->ps3 one on the etokki sote had such great reviews; i assumed similar performance
It's from a different company, or else Xarcade would be selling it on their website and ebay store. The xtokki 360 is still probably the best adapter. Beef has no problem with it. It was ok when I first got it, but after using it a handful of times over the course of a month, something went wrong and the cable had to be at a certain angle or else it would not be detected by the xbox. I dealt with it but as time went on it starting dropping a ton of inputs so i chucked that shit. A couple people on srk said that it lagged.
I think Laugh/etokki are working on a ps4 stick right now. Who takes more to come out with stuff, him or Akishop customs?

Tripon

I doubt that anything will be restocked at this rate. It's like Laugh shows up every 6 months to remind us that he exists and fades away like a k-drama sub plot.

Laugh is one of the commentators for the English stream of Tekken Crash. He is really bad at explaining that game.

He also shows up at Arcade Stream weekly sometimes to get bodied by Infiltration and Poongko when they are in town.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Street Fighter ‏@StreetFighter 4h4 hours ago

Happy Birthday, Chun-Li! #streetfighter

CceJKwpXIAAQIlR.jpg:large

She is 48 years old! Where's the Hazanshu cake?

OK, I see that now. Bad situation, but damn, Joe straight up squashed him.
I keep looking at that date of birth and get depressed

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/48flk6/full_capcom_pro_tour_schedule_for_2016/

Somebody at /r/kappa has listed all the tournaments on the Capcom Pro Tour.

Basically outside of July 22nd-24th, there's a tournament every weekend starting with March 18th with Final Round.

The crazy thing is that there's a ranking event in Brazil on the same dates as EVO (July 15th-July 17th).

Nice. I don't go out much on the weekends because of work and homework, so it'll be nice to have something to always watch every weekend.

He pretty much lives on the Neogaf Fighting game Discord group. Here's an invite for anyone looking to chat and get matches in shit 24/7. Folks are always on and you can even get an app for your phone and catch messages all the time. Discord is definitely the best way I've found to setup matches in even obscure shit.

Basically you can sign in on your browser as a guest with any name and use the chat or on your phone. If you download it for free you get to make private groups that are invite only for whatever game you choose. Just put your links out on boards and folks tend to spread these things like wildfire. I even get regular Arcana Heart matches when I want them now thanks to discord groups and I'm talking on PS3 not PC.

I forgot about the discord. I should probably sign up for this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So after our first big SFV weekend, what you guys think of the game as a spectator? I'm loving it so far
Fantastic even at a low level because it really lives up to the focus on decision making as opposed to abusing mechanics (though that can always change, more likely to get fixed sooner than later this go around, though).

Astarte

Laugh is one of the commentators for the English stream of Tekken Crash. He is really bad at explaining that game.

He also shows up at Arcade Stream weekly sometimes to get bodied by Infiltration and Poongko when they are in town.

Yeah, I heard about both of them. I really wish that he'd show up and make videos to help people because apparently his coaching is next level stuff.

So after our first big SFV weekend, what you guys think of the game as a spectator? I'm loving it so far

I need to see EVO before I can compare it to SF4 (which was amazing last year), but seperated from that, it's been really fun to watch. I'm excited to see some international competition as well during Final Round.

Do I really need to say anything? It was pretty booty. Marvel completely outshined SFV in it's debue at a major. The only thing that kept it interesting was the East Coast Vs. West Coast angle and that has nothing to do with the game. Character variety was meh 3 Kens, 2 Sims, 2 Nash, & Bison. Canne's was just full of blow ups, nothing really hype there.

The game is still fresh but it already doesn't keep hold my interest as a spectator. Even at our own locals I was watching Wizard World Tekken 7 instead of Top 8.

I should add I never really thought SF4 was that hype after Vanilla either. It was more hype than SF5 but the matches were only really interesting when internationals were involved.

Dahbomb

I enjoy watching and playing it. I thought it was a pretty good showing for SFV both at Cannes and at WB.

More so than SF4 personally. I did enjoy watching SF4 at first and in the very late portions of its life cycle but in the middle with the unblockables/OS it was really hard to see some great play. Like when people would catch a back dash with a sweep, I first thought it was some insane godlike read but it was just an OS against a backdash which made it less exciting. That aspect is changed in SFV which makes it more exciting, to me at least.

I can't wait to see some international vs international SFV play.

Rhapsody

Banned

Having the beta helped so much. The level of play is pretty good for being a new game still. Game's exciting to watch, personally. Can't wait to see tourneys with foreign players coming in.

Seyavesh

week 2 play is week 2 play so i dunno what to really say. it existed i guess. betas made sure people had a better grip on the game than straight flailing but i'm waiting for final round to see people to really bust out some shit and make me go 'god damn that was SICK' instead of just playing the 'stock' character style with varying degrees of solidness

pixelish

Do I really need to say anything? It was pretty booty. Marvel completely outshined SFV in it's debue at a major. The only thing that kept it interesting was the East Coast Vs. West Coast angle and that has nothing to do with the game. Character variety was meh 3 Kens, 2 Sims, 2 Nash, & Bison. Canne's was just full of blow ups, nothing really hype there.

The game is still fresh but it already doesn't keep hold my interest as a spectator. Even at our own locals I was watching Wizard World Tekken 7 instead of Top 8.

I should add I never really thought SF4 was that hype after Vanilla either. It was more hype than SF5 but the matches were only really interesting when internationals were involved.
did you watch cannes winter clash? I'd argue that the level of play at that tournament was higher than winter brawl

Dahbomb

Marvel's GF was amazing, but it was kinda nothing outside of that. Some decent sets here or there.
Which was surprising because usually it's the opposite, top 8 ends up being great with lots of different playstyles and close matches but GF ends up being a thrashing. This was a pretty weak top 8 that was redeemed by a memorable GF.

Line_HTX

That money segment was on Ultrachen was interesting. I wonder... who here in FGHQ would y'all pay to coach you to get better for one hour? Who would be the best coach here?

VoHiYo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom