• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it was DaigoTheBeasTV same as his twitch channel name.

hm I thought that was his PSN name, since he was getting messages on it

does searching via PSN ID actually work on PS4? I couldn't search for any of my steam friends from rival search, I had to ask them for IDs

Shun

This isn't actually the case with Ogawa if you frame the question correctly and especially in person. He was giving pretty on the dot advice to the Zato players at NWN last year to, for example.

Going off his comments on nico streams give conflicting idea like with one of his recent streams talking about his thoughts on characters other than Zato.

He knows the game very well and is the best GG player but there is other people to ask easier when you can't always go to Mikado or to other events with him.

Malice215

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/48flk6/full_capcom_pro_tour_schedule_for_2016/

Somebody at /r/kappa has listed all the tournaments on the Capcom Pro Tour.

Basically outside of July 22nd-24th, there's a tournament every weekend starting with March 18th with Final Round.

The crazy thing is that there's a ranking event in Brazil on the same dates as EVO (July 15th-July 17th).

I did the same thing, but I'm keeping track of things more on the event side. I wish I did have the time to keep track of who wins what. [link]

The Brazilian event on the same weekend is new to me, so I don't know how many people are thinking about skipping EVO to go to that for easy points. Plus things can easily change from now until July.

So after our first big SFV weekend, what you guys think of the game as a spectator? I'm loving it so far

The game is amazing to play and to spectate. USF4 stream time on Saturday got tossed aside for SFV at Winter Brawl. Cannes also had some amazing matches. The people who cried about no USF4 at EVO have been forgotten about. And Final Round will be our first taste of international competition, so I'm excited for the US and the east coast to put on a good showing now that we don't have to deal with the Japanese having a year head start on the rest of the world.

James mentions KVO for upcoming events in April but forgets to mention NWM which is on the same weekend. How does that work? lol

Probably because of the recent news that KOF XIV is now at KVO. But I tried to help him out and have been helping for the past year or so, and he still misses stuff on the show. He did bring me out of retirement though.

Dlent

I had skin cancer on the back of my head. Took a while to realize it was there, but had it dealt with promptly. Definitely the easiest cancer to deal with, regardless of which type of skin cancer it is; just relax, you'll be fine.

Dlent

Had she blocked his DP, he would have canceled into super for chip. Dunno if she would have been able to V-Reversal.

Shouta

Going off his comments on nico streams give conflicting idea like with one of his recent streams talking about his thoughts on characters other than Zato.

He knows the game very well and is the best GG player but there is other people to ask easier when you can't always go to Mikado or to other events with him.

I didn't say there weren't better folks to ask just that simply asking him doesn't yield anything worthwhile.

I finished watching the Juicebox footsie video a little while ago and my mind is kinda blown. I knew a bit about footsies and whiff punishing, but not to this extent. It's a really great video.

What do you do in the fang match up?

Who do you play as. Funny thing is that all the grapplers have been giving me trouble. It's really weird because normally you expect zoning to win out against grapplers in most games, but the high damage difference between the characters and the fact that he basically is throwable out of both V-Reversal and his reversal sort of make it crappy for him when he is on defense. Though you shouldn't really V-reversal lights, it seems a lot of people have meaty setups and what not. He can keep them out, but it takes 1 momentum swing to basically lose. If you let the poison run, it actually only does 1 jab worth of damage, which is around 50 pts. And if you hit him when a mine is out, it goes away, so if you think you can trade, go for it.

I read UltraDavid's thoughts on his matchups on SRK and he basically either has Fang going even with some of the cast, then losing 9 of the matchups. And thinking about it, there is no matchup I have played so far that I think he has a clear advantage in. I do feel I can tag Bison out of the air with up fireballs and the mine can stop scissor kick pressure, but on defense he can frame trap Fang a lot, since Fang has a 4 frame jab, and the damage Bison deals is a lot.

Another thing I have been feeling out has I have been learning Fang on the side is that even though his st.HK is positive +1 on block, I think if you have a 3 frame jab, you should just throw it out and keep throwing it out. Because he will be close to you, and if you trade with the first jab, and you can throw out another jab before his becomes active. Fang has no invincible attack to blow that kind of thing up, so HK frame trapping is a farce for him imo.

I don't want to fall in the trap into "every character you play sucks". I've been feeling really binary in the sets I play as Fang. As in I can do the poison setup over and over against some people, against others it feels like playing keep away and defense is real hard.

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm watching the GB stream from today right now actually and I feel like virtually exactly where Jeff is where I've gotten to the point where I know I'm terrible and I know how I'm terrible, but can't yet execute on not being there anymore lol. It's an improvement over how far I usually get in fighting games though so that's nice.

shaowebb

I think I have skin cancer. :/

Trying to not freak myself out and not succeeding.

Schedule and appointment for the doctor to look at it. Things with skin are hard to judge on your own. Irritation, dryness, discoloration, flaking...these are all things that can just happen. Ingrown hair, or subdermal objects can even change things to real sickly looking shit and all it needs is scrubbed and cleaned sometimes to remove it.

Have a doctor check it out Cindi. Desktop doctoring with google is a one way trip to paranoia and panic attacks and its seldom ever accurate in what it tells you that you may have.

Dahbomb

The average layman can't give themselves a physical examination, accurately record findings and then diagnose themselves through the Internet. Even if the diagnosis is accurate, they can't prescribe themselves the treatment so it's usually a futile effort.

Many cancers are also near impossible to diagnose without a biopsy. And just because they are benign now doesn't mean they can't become malignant later on.

In the case of a melanoma, even if it's malignant it can be treated effectively with surgery (usually cryosurgery) if detected early enough. As far as cancers go you can be dealt a much worse hand. So no need to get too worried about this, just get an appointment to a dermatologist (not your general physician/family doctor because they will just refer you anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom