• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

bonk ‏@haunts 2m2 minutes ago
Alright guys save video evidence this weekend of any rage quitters you run into. I'll start cracking down next week.
..and that Ken who DC'd on me two nights ago, you rage quit on the wrong dude. #capcops #riseup #lockdown
Wolfkrone gonna be banned faster than a smash stage.

http://dreamhackaustin.com/street-fighter/

Capcom Pro Tour is now giving pot bonuses to ranking events. Last year, only Premier events got pot bonuses.

I decided to give it a try and sign up since I live in Austin. Too bad there is no SXSW exhibition in Austin like last year since it is coming in 2-3 weeks. That was the round robin Momochi won and LPN was known for last place.

Also Rice-Eater, would you like to have a set in SF5 later today or Sat-Sun (I'm unable to play at this current hour)? I wanted to try the Ryu matchup vs. Fang again. I need to utilize more of his tools, so I want to get used to applying them.

Tripon

I decided to give it a try and sign up since I live in Austin. Too bad there is no SXSW exhibition in Austin like last year since it is coming in 2-3 weeks. That was the round robin Momochi won and LPN was known for last place.

Also Rice-Eater, would you like to have a set in SF5 later today or Sat-Sun (I'm unable to play at this current hour)? I wanted to try the Ryu matchup vs. Fang again. I need to utilize more of his tools, so I want to get used to applying them.
SXSW is doing some Melee invitational instead.

SXSW is doing some Melee invitational instead.

Oh really? I'm not the biggest fan of melee but I will watch a good amount in person.

edit: I'm sort of glad that a lot of people though Daigo's CFN as memememe was about meme's. I am ashamed that I first thought he was into MEMEME! I would post what I'm talking about but Shouta will lay down the banhammer on me.

somehow the Ryu cr.LK cr.LP xx HP Shoryuken combo is just impossible for me. It's something about needing to wait a bit to link the jab and needing to cancel it to the shoryu faster than the other confirms, my instincts constantly fight me on this and I can't get the timing into my muscle memory. Then again I was terrible at dash up low B confirms in KOF, so it just might be something to do with crouching light attacks.

So I guess nothing will be implemented in game to punish ragequitting?

Might be a temp fix to get rid of the rage quitters now until the March update which will hopefully have the feature.

Or just having a list of names for now until the feature drops.

Edit: Yup, temp fix until the feature is ready.

Started labbing the game. And do I ever hate charge as a mechanic. Like, Chun? Lovely character, but "hey you have to do this fuckshit to get knockdowns". WTF do you tie getting knockdowns to the bullshit option.

#NaCl

Tripon

A lot of players from other games are playing like Mad KOF and GO1.

I thought SF had that on lock due to its great performance last year. Damn.
I think it's just a combo of Dreamhack Austin and EG trying to promote their Smash stuff. Gotta give a venue to where PPMD can't decline to go.

Tripon

Every time I look at Smash 4 rulesets I die a little inside...
Yeah, I don't like what the rulesets are either. Even, Dallas, who were the most liberal with their rulesets in Smash 4 before Evo, went conservative and banned Customs, and went with a really conservative stage list after EVO.

Nightii

Banned
Yeah, I don't like what the rulesets are either. Even, Dallas, who were the most liberal with their rulesets in Smash 4 before Evo, went conservative and banned Customs, and went with a really conservative stage list after EVO.

Did they also screwed over the Miis? It just gets more and more restrictive each time, to the point that even something like the old Final Destination joke can be considered too liberal to the reality of the scene lol.

I mean, I get it, the people whose's voices and opinions matter have set their mind on what this game's scene is going to be like and that's that, but it doesn't stop being sad for me, I love this game so much and I just don't fit into it's scene at all now.

No Clock Tower.... =(

I told people constantly that the stage had no chance in hell of being legal and most didn't believe me, lol. It's a shame...

Tripon

Did they also screwed over the Miis? It just gets more and more restrictive each time, to the point that even something like the old Final Destination joke can be considered too liberal to the reality of the scene lol.

I mean, I get it, the people whose's voices and opinions matter have set their mind on what this game's scene is going to be like and that's that, but it doesn't stop being sad for me, I love this game so much and I just don't fit into it's scene at all now.
Most regions either ban miis, or leave them as 1111 default.

petghost

Banned
Started labbing the game. And do I ever hate charge as a mechanic. Like, Chun? Lovely character, but "hey you have to do this fuckshit to get knockdowns". WTF do you tie getting knockdowns to the bullshit option.

#NaCl

You talking about sbk? Anyways I don't think knockdowns are as big of a deal in this game

Did we ever do the editable document with what changes we want? Because I desperately need input display to be long and horizontal. What Capcom have set up now is not acceptable.

Astarte

Spooky's stream is a blowup :[

I'm pretty sure I've subliminally absorbed everything Q has said about Makoto and Ky because I think the both of them are fun as hell :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom