• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Added you both^

Jellous of everyone's collections. Currently going through uni so have to be super careful with my meager income.

LiK

I wish Hot Toys got the Kick-Ass license cuz this RAH looks dreadful

FIG-KAI-7385.jpg

chrono01

So apparently the Red Nendoroid is already sold out on Amazon.jp. Well there goes my chance of obtaining him, and there's no way I'll pay the [more than likely] outrageous after-market prices for him.

This is your fault, GSC. I, and many others, want to give you our money. Since you seem content to leave the Red Nendoroid as Japan-only, I will spend this money elsewhere. It's a shame, I did want him.

So apparently the Red Nendoroid is already sold out on Amazon.jp. Well there goes my chance of obtaining him, and there's no way I'll pay the [more than likely] outrageous after-market prices for him.

Don't worry chrono, I'm not getting him either. I don't even understand why people are shitting themselves over this. It's just a Pokémon trainer. Right?

This is your fault, GSC. I, and many others, want to give you our money. Since you seem content to leave the Red Nendoroid as Japan-only, I will spend this money elsewhere. It's a shame, I did want him.

I'll just set my heart on another figure that's much easier to get.

I mean I would like to have ordered Red, but I guess I don't want it enough to jump through hoops.

chrono01

Yeah. Pretty disappointing about the Red figure. Everywhere seems to be doubling the price without shipping.
Yeah. The price will just go up further with time. :(

Don't worry chrono, I'm not getting him either. I don't even understand why people are shitting themselves over this. It's just a Pokémon trainer. Right?
It's a heavy dose of nostalgia for me, especially with him coming with the three original starters. I've always wanted a Red Nendoroid, so when one was announced I was ecstatic. Then I saw that it was exclusive to Japan. "No problem!", I said to myself. I'll just buy it from BIJ/N-Y! Oh, but wait? One per customer? Well there goes that idea.

By the time I decided to go through the manual proxy process he's sold out. GSC should have made him available on their website as a made-to-order item within a certain time period, like they do for ALL of their other exclusives. I'm not sure if this has more to do with the Pokémon Company than GSC themselves, but it's still disappointing.

I mean I would like to have ordered Red, but I guess I don't want it enough to jump through hoops.
I was just about to [since I wanted to wait a day to see if BIJ/N-Y would offer him without the additional proxy work], but it seems I'm too late for that. :/

WolfStark

Really surprising since I don't like flat chest....

You're figures tell a different story and as we all know, figures are the mirror of our souls :p But hey Alleyne as enough chest for a whole bunch of flatties. *g*

I wish Hot Toys got the Kick-Ass license cuz this RAH looks dreadful

Just looked up both avaible Hit Girl's, both aren't bad in terms of the body but woah what happened to their faces? One ought to think a figure that pricey would at least not be able to be used to scare children, if not resemble the likeness of the actress. And the ribbon isn't able to lessen the dismay either.

I got a response from the last thread about ThreeA figures on here but I was wondering if anyone else here collect other types of figures or collectable toys.

Here's the new fig I'm getting from ThreeA this week. Can't wait!

Ditto, like Chrono it's more of a nostalgia thing but slightly gutted that the way it was distributed was dumb.

Would people want a Nendoroid Blue if that was freely available though =P?

maybe they'll change it if you guys bitch hard enough. or are those companies even acknowledging western fans?

Doesn't make too much of a difference, I wasn't going to buy this one anyway. The new Muramasa figure from WING is looking much better.... As for acknowledging fans - some do more than others. Kotobukiya especially is known for paying attention to their fanbase.

cajunator

Banned
No you're not, don't worry, comrade!

01. long_hair (11)
02. alter (9)
03. thighhighs (9)
04. 1/8 (7)
05. flat_chest (7)

Excluding the non-descriptive attributes:

01. long_hair (11)
03. thighhighs (9)
05. flat_chest (7)
06. ribbon (7)
07. weapon (7)

dat top 3

Edit: Thinking about it, I think MFC doesn't have some things tagged with "weapon" tag properly. I count 9 figures in my case with things that are obviously weapons, 10 if you count the wand that Blanc has
and 11 if you count Touko's cigarette
. In any case, it's still an accurate representation of my figures, even if the exact count may be a bit off.

Here's mine:
01. long_hair (9)
02. weapon (8)
03. good_smile_company (7)
04. pvc (7)
05. thighhighs (7)

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Blizniak

07. flat_chest (6)
Stay strong DFC fans XD

BROTHERS!!

You run out of material to make said items =P, probably will be back up later like most amazon exclusive items like ToX2 CE etc. Guessing they sold out their initial allocated batch.

Anyone watching current animes?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/38293867.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/38284096.html

thats the "thirsty for her brother" girl from Mahouka. That is a silly shoa. I want a figure of Azusa cause she looks like Yayoi.

So GSC announced that they're doing a Tomoyo Daidouji nendoroid.

In the words of cajunator:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They're going to make me greedy. Now I want a Syaoran
and an Eriol... I can dream, can't I?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

arhra

Edit: Thinking about it, I think MFC doesn't have some things tagged with "weapon" tag properly. I count 9 figures in my case with things that are obviously weapons, 10 if you count the wand that Blanc has
and 11 if you count Touko's cigarette
. In any case, it's still an accurate representation of my figures, even if the exact count may be a bit off.

The tagging on MFC is pretty terrible in general, between things not being properly tagged, tags being misused for things better covered by other database fields, and redundant tags that don't actually add anything.

I mean, just look at my top five:

01. asai_(apsy)_masaki (179)
02. figma (145)
03. max_factory (145)
04. female_figma (129)
05. female_figure (123)

That's a sculptor (already a separate db field for that), a product line (already a separate db field for that), a manufacturer (already a... you get the picture), and then the last two are just stupid. The first is redundant with both the already-listed "figma" tag (and the corresponding db field that makes that tag itself redundant), and the separate, plain "female" tag, which for some reason isn't listed at all, despite the fact that when I do a search on it in my collection, it returns a number of results that dwarfs the #1 listed tag. Similarly for "female_figure", which is pointless given the fact that obviously the item is filed in the Figures section of the DB, rather than Goods or Media, and the previously-mentioned "female" tag.

In fact, out of my entire top 45 tags, more than a third of them are stuff that's covered elsewhere in the DB, rather than descriptive content tags.

At0mm7t.png

javac

I have loads of figures coming but nowhere to put them. In fact I'm running out of space for my games/CD/blu-rays never mind big ass figures.

javac

Hehe. Same here.

I love having all my favourite shows, movies etc displayed front and centre since its easier to reach and pop into my player (and they look nice with fancy steelbooks etc lol) but since I have soo many I have to decide which to display and which to dump into a drawer. Such a little silly thing but damn it I don't pay exorbitant prices for all these anime blu-rays just to dump them in a drawer! :(

Day 2 of Anime North, managed to sang a Max Factory Zero Suit Samus. Don't have enough money for any more figs, but overall I have a good haul. Will post pics later this week and update myfigurecollection.

I love having all my favourite shows, movies etc displayed front and centre since its easier to reach and pop into my player (and they look nice with fancy steelbooks etc lol) but since I have soo many I have to decide which to display and which to dump into a drawer. Such a little silly thing but damn it I don't pay exorbitant prices for all these anime blu-rays just to dump them in a drawer! :(

The problems of being a collector :\

Still worth it though!

Danferno

1. long_hair (11)
2. blond_hair (8)
3. brown_hair (6)
4. high_heels (6)
5. sword (6)

Reading the list aloud cracks me up when I get to "sword". ♬ One of these things is not like the other...♬

10. george_kamitani (5)
11. large_breasts (5)

A bit redundant, eh? These will be much higher in the list once the rest of the Dragon's Crown figures ship.

Would spend so many monies if they ever made that Yuzuhura. So. Many.

meijiko

For those desperate for a Red, my usual Pokecen contact is still taking pre-orders, since she can pre-order on site. Right now it's at $85, since it's sold out everywhere, and she requires payment upfront. I can vouch for her that she's legit, since I've bought from her many times in the past.

darklin0

Banned
For those desperate for a Red, my usual Pokecen contact is still taking pre-orders, since she can pre-order on site. Right now it's at $85, since it's sold out everywhere, and she requires payment upfront. I can vouch for her that she's legit, since I've bought from her many times in the past.

Does that cover shipping? I may be tempted if true, might pass though.

chrono01

I'll have to keep this in-mind, thanks.

I assume she won't have any issues in shipping to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom