• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
b417ae12-s.jpg

They just keep pumping out those Mikus, don't they.

SabL0O5.jpg

They just keep pumping out those Mikus, don't they.

Why not, let's get some insight from MFC on this popular question.

Hatsune Miku: 1730

Saber: 987

Super Sonico: 857

So there we have it, Miku is winning by a landslide. Yet somehow they haven't even touched most of her decent outfits.

w.t.f. how do you make 1730 figures of one chick and not include all ~2 dozen outfits from the most popular thing she's appeared in (Project DIVA)

EDIT: Fixed the numbers from a more accurate search.

It starts about here, or the page after. But this thread is very relevant.

Also, I'm on a tablet right now, so deal with mobile.

I am so sad now :(

On figure news, I am thinking of canceling 3 figures. I don't feel like I need the last three girls of Freeing's Infinite Stratos 1/4 release.

EDIT: Sent a request to cancel 4 items. Now I gotta do the cancel dance for the figure gods.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Even though I blocked 'em I got a second payment request from Nippon-Yasan, this time for Iscandar, so she's really coming out this month, blocked NY again and this time the email disappeared when I did it.

Finding it absurdly funny that I have to try and scramble to find and get the space girl figure that started me down the path of space girls.

StayDead

Even though I blocked 'em I got a second payment request from Nippon-Yasan, this time for Iscandar, so she's really coming out this month, blocked NY again and this time the email disappeared when I did it.

Finding it absurdly funny that I have to try and scramble to find and get the space girl figure that started me down the path of space girls.

Why have you blocked NY out of interest?

Dezner

Guys! HELP! :(

I woke up yesterday and my Play Arts Kai Solidus somehow fell down off his perch, and his right leg snapped off at the ball-joint thing.

wat do? :'( He's my fave MGS character, too. Ughhhhh.... >_<

Vito

Banned
Wow thanks for the heads up.

Well, AA and other bigger shops might have it until later, GSC has the cutoff for April 1st, so it might be a day or two later. Depends on how much extra stock a store takes, BiJ for example takes none.

Local store gave me 110 EUR estimate for Mordred... that's more than AmiAmi + tax and everything, not to mention 2 month delay cause lol European distributor. I'm still waiting for Jubilee and Satsuki for fucks sake.

While I'm getting AquaMarine's Mordred (just dunno if at AA or BiJ yet, though I got until 29th to decide before the cutoff date), I'm probably passing on Sinon. 13k yen and July release date, orz:

There's something about the face that bothers me...

Hmm, I really like how she looks. That would be almost 11k on SAO merch though. Maybe I should think of it as a trophy for my suffering.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Why have you blocked NY out of interest?

Short version is I can't stomach their piss poor customer service, so I've canceled all my pre-orders with them.

Longer version is the Amakuni Sansei Muramasa that came out recently has a cast off body replacement being manufactured, and they are sending them out to all customers, they are also sending them out to places like Big in Japan for people that used proxy's and third party sellers that took orders.

Nippon-Yasan sent anyone that contacted them the exact same message, that not all the figures had this problem and wouldn't commit to being able to get replacement for anyone, but that they would look into it. A week goes by and I sent them a message asking about it and I still got the same cut copied and pasted message from the previous week, yet Big in Japan was already telling customers they had their back.

So I called NY out and told there response was bullshit and that I'd cancel all my orders if they couldn't guarantee replacements for all the people that ordered this figure from them. Between here and MFC I seemed to be the only person who got a better response but it still wasn't a guarantee, it was still a run around non committal response, so fuck 'em.

Even if they get the bodies in, which I hope they do for those that still wish to do business with them, it bugged me to no end that I had to threaten them to get a different response. Add the years of reading about everyone else troubles (from random canceled pre-orders, to canceled pre-orders but the item was still in stock just much higher priced, the nendo bootleg fiasco) with them, and I just decided it was in my best interest to no longer do businesses with them, next time I want an exclusive I'll just go with Big in Japan.

I was able to replace all major pre-orders except for Iscandar, but it's not like the Yamato girls are hard to get after release.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just got an email from amiami that I can upgrade my Bertille order to the one with the Acrylic Character Plate.

WTF is an acrylic character plate? And are they worth the extra dough? Are they packed in the box, or are they just added into the order when she ships?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Looking good, but spilling wine is wrong !
Sorry you didn't get her :/

It's always the price, this is the third time I had the chance in the last 6 months, and each time the price is a tad higher then before, and at over 19k I have to stop and think about it, then pffft she's gone...

cajunator

Banned
Got Akemi Homura from Kewl today!

She looks amazing! Right up there with Sayaka and Mami. Thanks again Kewl! I was bummed that my Madoka collection would be incomplete for a while since she's priced much higher than the other girls. Super happy I was able to get her in such good shape from you :)

Shes really nice. I have all the girls. The only thing left is Devil Homu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom