• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I'm going to do EMS. Less time for something to go wrong in shipping, and it's a game so playing it when other importers do should be cool. It's only usually like $5-10 extra right?

I only do EMS for highly anticipated stuff. everything else is Registered SAL.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I always go EMS personally. Gets to the east coast of the US very quickly.

Yeah, EMS tends to only take around 4-5 days, which is great. I don't know why SAL's been so terrible lately.

I'm going to do EMS. Less time for something to go wrong in shipping, and it's a game so playing it when other importers do should be cool. It's only usually like $5-10 extra right?

It might end up being a bit more than that. I'm getting both versions, too.

Managed to snag A/B Mio and Yui figmas from Ami last night. K-On figma collection is a go!

Paging Snkfanatic

KAGwI5F.gif

omlet

Back from lunch break and my trip to the post office to pick up most of the rest of my February order and one March order (7 nendos and 3 scales in 7 different boxes, thanks mandarake). My car's trunk is totally full now.

Delivery times for these items (in days) were as follows: 42, 39, 38, 37, 37, 31, 12. There must have been a big SAL backlog last month or something.

One more scale and 2 more nendos to go for all my February stuff!

Now to endure the rest of the day at work... I'm all anticipatey...

I never think about hot water. Good technique indeed.

A bowl of warm water is the secret to tricky nendo parts.

Back from lunch break and my trip to the post office to pick up most of the rest of my February order and one March order (7 nendos and 3 scales in 7 different boxes, thanks mandarake). My car's trunk is totally full now.

Delivery times for these items (in days) were as follows: 42, 39, 38, 37, 37, 31, 12. There must have been a big SAL backlog last month or something.

One more scale and 2 more nendos to go for all my February stuff!

Now to endure the rest of the day at work... I'm all anticipatey...

A bowl of warm water is the secret to tricky nendo parts.

Dear lord that haul.

SoldnerKei

the time I shipped with EMS took almost the same time as SAL did, just like Einbroch said some pages ago, dunno why anyone who is not from the US or EU would get into this hobby, not only we have to deal with taxes, the delivery takes an eternity :'D

DemiMatt

This looks awesome, I wish I could get HT here.

EDIT:

Where do you live? I thought you can get them pretty much anywhere.

Sweet. He will be my next Hot Toys after I finally get my Black Widow and Winter Soldier for sure. And yeah, the wait for Groot & Rocket will be long and painful.

And as far as ages here go, let's just say I'm so over 30 that I'm closer to 40 and leave it at that :(

I really liked BW, but I think if you have not bought her yet, just get the Age Of Ultron version, she comes with a better costume and more accessories. Also Winter Soldier kind of seems underwhelming, I think Falcon is the sleeper figure to get despite the high price point. Also he was the best thing about that movie.

He looks really good. I think UK stock is arriving any day now so I'll probably grab him while I can.

Do it! This figure gets better & better, going to take more shots tonight after I watch the movie! I think out of all the GOTG he'll sell out the quickest.

LiK

I've been shipping with SAL recently, EMS is getting too expensive for me ever since the Canadian dollar took a dive.

yep, been going with Registered SAL for over a year to save money. I preorder a bunch of figures and it adds up quite a bit. Not worth it to get it faster for some figures, imo. But if you got the cash, go for it.

SerTapTap

Yep EMS and DHL are both insanely quick. 2-3 days typically.

Can't stand those SAL wait times.

DHL is weird but I had no real problem with them. They even delivered majorly under-protected packages without a scratch...seriously most of the Amazon.JP things were just crammed in with paper wrapped around each, no proper packing material, though some had plastic wrap + a piece of cardboard. Doesn't seem like enough but there was no damage so maybe they know what they're doing. Wouldn't ship anything myself like that.

Zerojul

I really liked BW, but I think if you have not bought her yet, just get the Age Of Ultron version, she comes with a better costume and more accessories. Also Winter Soldier kind of seems underwhelming, I think Falcon is the sleeper figure to get despite the high price point. Also he was the best thing about that movie.

Thanks for the advice, but I get my HT when they're close enough to the comics for my taste. That's why I just got (literally a few hours ago) TWS BW and WS (very close to what I deem to be the original comics outfits) and won't get Falcon, even if I agree the figure is awesome. Same reason I'm not getting any Wolverine from their line-up, awesome Jackman likeness and great figs all around, but very different from how I picture Wolverine in my head, if that makes any sense...

yep, been going with Registered SAL for over a year to save money. I preorder a bunch of figures and it adds up quite a bit. Not worth it to get it faster for some figures, imo. But if you got the cash, go for it.

I've been thinking of switching over to unregistered for a while now, but having a tracking number is too good to give up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm getting ready to place an order on Amazon.co.jp with Global Shipping. The prices in my cart are different from the prices where I'm finalizing the order. Is that normal? I don't remember that happening the last time I ordered from them.

For example, Katsuragi is ¥ 4,978 in my cart. Then I go to check out, she drops to ¥ 4,609.

LiK

I've been thinking of switching over to unregistered for a while now, but having a tracking number is too good to give up.

I've only done that twice but it's not worth it cuz the price difference is usually very minimal. a few more bucks for peace of mind is worth it. i'm already anxious with a tracking number lol

SerTapTap

I'm getting ready to place an order on Amazon.co.jp with Global Shipping. The prices in my cart are different from the prices where I'm finalizing the order. Is that normal? I don't remember that happening the last time I ordered from them.

For example, Katsuragi is ¥ 4,978 in my cart. Then I go to check out, she drops to ¥ 4,609.

Amazon JP changes prices constantly. There should be an advisory of a price change if you go back to your cart.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Amazon JP changes prices constantly. There should be an advisory of a price change if you go back to your cart.

I'm refreshing the cart and going back to the product page, and the prices are still different. It's very strange. I'm not complaining, because the price difference works out in my favor, but it does seem curious.

SerTapTap

Might be your browser caching or something. My cart always updated if I went back to it, but it changed multiple times over the 4 days I took to place my order (it was a lot of stuff)

yami4ct

Bandai finally announced the release date for Figuarts Tridoron!

Releases in September. Sadly, it's a Web Shop Exclusive and 24,840 JPY. Ow. It has working headlights, taillights and the cockpit can pull out for a cutaway view with its own stand as well.

Guys, convince me I shouldn't spend ~$200 on this thing. I know I shouldn't buy it, but I really do want it.

I'm refreshing the cart and going back to the product page, and the prices are still different. It's very strange. I'm not complaining, because the price difference works out in my favor, but it does seem curious.

Site prices include JP tax, which it removes when it sees a shipping address outside of Japan.

DHL is weird but I had no real problem with them. They even delivered majorly under-protected packages without a scratch...seriously most of the Amazon.JP things were just crammed in with paper wrapped around each, no proper packing material, though some had plastic wrap + a piece of cardboard. Doesn't seem like enough but there was no damage so maybe they know what they're doing. Wouldn't ship anything myself like that.

To be fair, Amazon.jp's packaging is very poor compared to amiami, mandarake, n-y. It basically looks ready to fall apart, even if they pack the items inside very tightly. Of course, DHL can easily handle them very poorly like so:

But everything was pretty amazing in tack on the inside.

Might it be they aren't calculating tax since it'll be an international shipment?

they removed the 8% japan tax during checkout

LiK

Kinda annoyed with that Amazon Japan reseller now. Waiting for them to either ship or cancel my order. Hopefully they do it over the weekend. Store reviews are worthless.

Is it the Phat Katsuragi? If so good choice.

Releases in September. Sadly, it's a Web Shop Exclusive and 24,840 JPY. Ow. It has working headlights, taillights and the cockpit can pull out for a cutaway view with its own stand as well.

Guys, convince me I shouldn't spend ~$200 on this thing. I know I shouldn't buy it, but I really do want it.

You're in the wrong place if you want someone to talk you out of it. It does look cool But I don't know the origin.

yami4ct

You're in the wrong place if you want someone to talk you out of it. It does look cool But I don't know the origin.

Shhhh. It's part of my plan. I'm already trying to justify it to myself for when I inevitably buy the thing.

As for the origin, it's from Kamen Rider Drive. Most Kamen Riders get bikes, but Drive got a car. It talks in the show. It's awesome.

Holy shit, I would buy this so hard if I had the money.

yami4ct

Holy shit, I would buy this so hard if I had the money.

I can't post the rest of the details because they're sadly in magazine scans, but the thing is basically the perfect scale model of the car. It also has an insanely detailed interior complete with pedals, gages and belt interface thing. It also has working doors (of course) and the panel that covers its gun up front so it can look like a "normal" car also moves. The only thing it seems to lack is the ability to transform into its two rarely used subforms, but I don't think anyone expected that to be a thing.

Chance

the time I shipped with EMS took almost the same time as SAL did, just like Einbroch said some pages ago, dunno why anyone who is not from the US or EU would get into this hobby, not only we have to deal with taxes, the delivery takes an eternity :'D

The labour, cost and time make the spoils all the more precious.

Acid08

Banned
So....is it weird that there's no update on Ayesha get? GSC has updated release stuff three times this week and there's still nothing about her. No release date or delay announcement. Cutting it kinda close...

Yeah, it's PHAT Katsuragi. I've been hesitating to get her since I have Chara-Ani's squishy Katsuragi pre-ordered, but she's been in my cart for months while I internally debate the decision.

She's great. You won't be disappointed.

Plus that was a good price.

I go SAL with almost everything. It can get annoying but I'm patient. I'm trying to choose EMS if I know it will be a larger order because they'll force it on me anyways. They forced EMS prices on me for Samurai but it still took over 2 weeks So I don't know if they actually shipped it EMS.

oh! I got my Amaha Masane (Witchblade) in the mail today. This one:

Mmmmm. That completely non-lewd booty. I can't believe she actually popped up, considering she came out in 2007 and is from an anime based on a comic book.

oh! I got my Amane Suzuha (Witchblade) in the mail today. This one:

Mmmmm. That completely non-lewd booty. I can't believe she actually popped up, considering she came out in 2007 and is from an anime based on a comic book.

She looks awesome. I remember watching that and thinking "this isn't the Witch Blade I remember". Also nice 3x post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom