• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any idea how limited the Scorpion figure from Coarse produced for Mortal Kombat X is? I can't find any info on that at all. The artist are signing the certificate of authenticity so one would think there can't be that many. The other statue available that's more traditional is limited to 1000 pieces.

mkx_kollectors_ed_scorpion.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Ugh. So C quality is barely worth considering, huh?
No, not necessarily. If it's a paint stain, from like a move or a fall, it can be fixed with a delicate hand. If it's a stain stain, like it eroded the paint or chipped an area, then yeah, it's worrisome.

It's a gamble. But such a prevalent spot like the lips? I wouldn't risk it.

I mean, if it was like a stain on her ankle or back of head, it's whatever.

omlet

Ugh. So C quality is barely worth considering, huh?

It really depends on why it's C.

I bought a C nendo before because it said the little plastic stand for one of the little extras (not the main nendo) was damaged.

I bought a C scale because it was missing a bonus item that came with it originally. Figure itself was basically perfect condition.

Cs are certainly worth considering but I would not buy a C that says it's C due to discoloration or something like that.

Acid08

Banned
Pretty much.

No, not necessarily. If it's a paint stain, from like a move or a fall, it can be fixed with a delicate hand. If it's a stain stain, like it eroded the paint or chipped an area, then yeah, it's worrisome.

It's a gamble. But such a prevalent spot like the lips? I wouldn't risk it.

I mean, if it was like a stain on her ankle or back of head, it's whatever.

It really depends on why it's C.

I bought a C nendo before because it said the little plastic stand for one of the little extras (not the main nendo) was damaged.

I bought a C scale because it was missing a bonus item that came with it originally. Figure itself was basically perfect condition.

Cs are certainly worth considering but I would not buy a C that says it's C due to discoloration or something like that.

Alright, sounds like I won't go for it. So close yet so far from getting one of my most wanted figures :'(

edit: and someone bought her :eek:

tauke

anyways, speaking of Miku...

shiima1407746029.jpeg

Still waiting on her to release so I could decide on buying her. I like the sample but it's by FREEing so I want to see the released product first before buying it.

Still find it odd that Super GT Sepang Miku has hardly any clothes on her as Sepang is just a sleepy town in my country that is already super conservative~.

At least she looks good and the tan is just a way to say you can get roasted really fast in this hot and humid country.

I'm impressed, between that and Hakase it's clear you're not afraid to spend top dollar for the nendos you want. *salute*

Not happy about either, but I can't help that some of my most wanted figures are old releases that have stupid high prices. I'm just relieved I was able to snag what seemed to be the last reasonable Wo on AmiAmi. Back in Dec I got an A/B for 7k. The next day people were posting that she was 9k everywhere, and now this...

That being said, since I've landed my current job about a year ago, I've mostly caught up to the backlog, and just let go of the truly obsurdly priced figures.

Only about 8 more figures to go before I'm only looking forward, and my wallet breathes a sigh of relief. That being said, two of the remaing figures are Dekomori and Nibutani, and they're both north of 11k~

=/

omlet

Speaking of buying overpriced nendos, I didn't get the Elsie that I wanted but I did manage to grab this tonight on amiami (tired of seeing all the cheaper ones be sold out before I even see them on mandarake so I paid the amiami tax of 8k and change):

Speaking of buying overpriced nendos, I didn't get the Elsie that I wanted but I did manage to grab this tonight on amiami (tired of seeing all the cheaper ones be sold out before I even see them on mandarake so I paid the amiami tax of 8k and change):

Did you really? Entertainment Earth has her listed for $46.99. Temporarily out of stock, so who knows if those orders will get filled, but you'd think they would remove the listing if they couldn't get more.

omlet

Did you really? Entertainment Earth has her listed for $46.99. Temporarily out of stock, so who knows if those orders will get filled, but you'd think they would remove the listing if they couldn't get more.

I checked around and several other places have her listed for similar prices but no one has her in stock that I saw, at least not for anything competitive with the mandarake/amiami price range of 7-8k or more.

She's awesome, and from one of my favorite animes. I currently have a Tomoko floating somewhere in the mail system...

Finding her in stock for even ~7kish seems very rare. I wouldn't put much thought into an "Out of Stock" tag. There are many many figures on AmiAmi and Mandarake marked "Out of Stock" that are basically never coming back.

I checked around and several other places have her listed for similar prices but no one has her in stock that I saw, at least not for anything competitive with the mandarake/amiami price range of 7-8k or more.

I have an order in, so if I get one I'll let you know in order that you can kick yourself. :D

Finding her in stock for even ~7kish seems very rare. I wouldn't put much thought into an "Out of Stock" tag. There are many many figures on AmiAmi and Mandarake marked "Out of Stock" that are basically never coming back.

If it's truly out of stock, then you can't order from Ami. Items they don't have but can get are listed as backorder. That's different.

If it's truly out of stock, then you can't order from Ami. Items they don't have but can get are listed as backorder. That's different.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding their system? You can't order (as a random example) Tohka anymore, she's not available for backorder, and there's no announced intention to re-release her, but there she is. I have no idea what AmiAmi's standards are for when they permanently remove a standard listing from their store, but I remember watching the Tomoko nendo (among many others) for ~8 months now and seeing nothing but a [Sold Out] page.

Meyneth

They'll all get scale figures eventually. :)
I'm personally aiming for nendos.
Northern princess and hakase are going to be perfect together (ꈍᴗꈍ)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding their system? You can't order (as a random example) Tohka anymore, she's not available for backorder, and there's no announced intention to re-release her, but there she is. I have no idea what AmiAmi's standards are for when they permanently remove a standard listing from their store, but I remember watching the Tomoko nendo (among many others) for ~8 months now and seeing nothing but a [Sold Out] page.
If an item appears fairly often in the pre-owned section amiami won't remove the listing. Even if an item gets completely removed from the site but gets added a lot during used item updates they'll put the listing back up (happens a lot with the prize figures)

Had a crazy though earlier about taking my spare Figma Koizumi(got an extra to use a s generic character) and customizing him into an Admiral.
However with the figure as is he makes for a better US Admiral, so im considering getting another Figma Araragi to make a typical Japanese Admiral.

Seems silly but im starting a huge Figma/AGP shipgirl collection, so why not get an Admiral in there.

omlet

I think what Freeza was getting at was that when Amiami says they're out of something, it's out, and in many (but not all) cases they remove the listing completely.

Not all stores do this. Many will keep item listings and just say "sold out" even months/years later. The Tomoko he ordered was from a listing shown as essentially back ordered. There is probably no guarantee they'll get more. But for that price difference, his approach of putting an order in there and taking his chances is not a bad one.

I can't wait till my MM LE n3DS XL comes in tomorrow. To only just start on my 3DS back log, haha.

Sorry MH4U :(

I skipped MM3D because I still have hope that I can find the CE here. I have a higher chance to be struck by lightning while being mauled by a shark than finding that CE, but since there's still a chance, I'm holding onto it.

Femto.

I skipped MM3D because I still have hope that I can find the CE here. I have a higher chance to be struck by lightning while being mauled by a shark than finding that CE, but since there's still a chance, I'm holding onto it.

Dedication.

I opted for the regular edition for the MM3D game because if I had to choose between the LE console or LE version of the game I'd have to go with the console, so I'm glad I was able to grab that. Funny thing is that I was home allllll day when the MM LE of the game went up for pre-order and I didn't bother to check GAF/twitter until 2 PM PST lol

Dedication.

I opted for the regular edition for the MM3D game because if I had to choose between the LE console or LE version of the game I'd have to go with the console, so I'm glad I was able to grab that. Funny thing is that I was home allllll day when the MM LE went up for pre-order and I didn't bother to check GAF/twitter until 2 PM PST lol

I couldn't pre-order that before, no stores here would receive it on launch day (not in the US). Heh, I couldn't even find one N3DS XL to buy here, hopefully by the time that Codename STEAM arrives I'll get one, because I'll be damned if I bought the amiibos just to play the game on my old 3DS.

Wanderer5

The 3DS is sure going to be packed in the next few months heh. Going to skip on Majora's Mask and Codename Steam and just have MH4 and Miku that coming out in May.

Femto.

I couldn't pre-order that before, no stores here would receive it on launch day (not in the US). Heh, I couldn't even find one N3DS XL to buy here, hopefully by the time that Codename STEAM arrives I'll get one, because I'll be damned if I bought the amiibos just to play the game on my old 3DS.

That sucks, hopefully you can get one ASAP, originally I did not plan to get a n3DS unless (like I told my friends) a MM LE was announced. Nintendo has my number man.

*finds out that NoA isn't getting the blue 3DS XL*
Man, fuck this company.
NoA is incompetent.

The 3DS is sure going to be packed in the next few months heh. Going to skip on Majora's Mask and Codename Steam and just have MH4 and Miku that coming out in May.
Xenoblade and MKX in the same month? Eff me

But to not to continue derailing the thread, here's a cute Illya that's too skimpy for my tastes
Idk if she's been posted already, too lazy to catch up on what I missed out on at work.

That sucks, hopefully you can get one ASAP, originally I did not plan to get a n3DS unless (like I told my friends) a MM LE was announced. Nintendo has my number man.

Thanks!

On topic, I'll be leaving now, in a couple hours I'll be back, probably. Missed on a Selvaria, thank god it was sold out otherwise I would've bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom