• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I doubt anyone here is manly enough to pull this off, except for me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I got married in a dress, so step back I got this...
it was a kilt
----------------

So I spent a bunch of hours in IKEA looking for a shelf untii that would suit the PF's I've got, am getting and the Berserk statues. Guts is 750mm high, so I had to use that as a point of reference. Ended up shelling out for a REGISSÖR, with a sturdy wooden middle bit and removable glass shelf's it's really the only option I could find that would suit...

I just grabbed some figs off my other shelfs to fill the top, the empty bottom is to show just how large a space you guys buying the Guts (or Kier she is just a few cm shy of being as tall) statue are gonna need...

ABqCA0m.jpg
6RNubMc.jpg

Nay. I got the P4 figuarts and got rid of them because they look like crap. I've seen better quality prize figures. I'll never buy anything from this line again.

I almost bought a couple of Figuarts stuff, thanks for the tip.
But I guess that for some characters I'll have to resort to that.

Fuck Liara though. Never really liked her.

And hoping for that racist Ashley to get a figure...tsc tsc.

Just kidding, I'm not judging you.

I got married in a dress, so step back I got this...
it was a kilt

Hey, I've seen men using that who could throw trees the size of buildings, I would never judge somebody for using it.

My wishlist from wonfes

Nendos
  • Majora's Mask Link
  • Marth
  • Darth Vader
  • Stormtrooper

Scale
  • Cordelia
  • Link

Kinda disappointed by the lack of interesting Miku.

StayDead

Go for Re-Class.

Word around town is that a lot of people are going to be buying Snow Miku this year for resale but almost everyone agrees this is the worst Snow Miku since 2011.

I think she'll maybe go for a little above retail, like most exclusives do, but Re-Class is going to be Expensive-Class.

I think this Snow Miku is way better than Fluffy coat.

meijiko

My wife would really appreciate it if I got something Disney related...

How are Bandai figures? Yay/nay on quality?

FIGURE-009944.jpg

FIGURE-009943.jpg

Honestly Bandai does okay on their static figures (not amazing by any means) but imo this pair was ruined when they decided to try and texture their hair. It just looks messy, almost Play-arts-like.

Einbroch

Banned
Kinda disappointed by the lack of interesting Miku.

Yep. It was a really lackluster display for Miku. From zero Nendos, to Snow Miku being underwhelming, to the only actual scale being shown being her default uniform and 1/4, it was just so disappointing.

I think this Snow Miku is way better than Fluffy coat.

Fluffy coat is my favorite Snow Miku in terms of Miku herself. 2014, as a package, though, blows it away.

brassica

Guys, it's so hard to follow this topic with more than 15 pages per day day ^^.

So, first, here is my Twitter account to be added a
to the list : http://www.twitter.com/brassica_
I mostly post in french and japanese, main topics are usually Japan otaku culture or video games, and Nendoroid are my only love!
Here is a pic of my Nendoroid army
I will have to open all these boxes one day to add them in the Detolf shelves with the others

By the way, anyone knows where to get this little cutie for cheap? I live in France, but I often go to Tokyo, so local shops are okay too.

I mostly post in french and japanese, main topics are usually Japan otaku culture or video games, and Nendoroid are my only love!
I will have to open all these boxes one day to add them in the Detolf shelves with the others

By the way, anyone knows where to get this little cutie for cheap? I live in France, but I often go to Tokyo, so local shops are okay too.

I....I like you

Don't think you will find Wo-Class for to cheap sadly...

meijiko

Holy shit that nendo tower. Don't fall over!!

StayDead

I respect your nendo tower. I respect it a lot.

Yep. It was a really lackluster display for Miku. From zero Nendos, to Snow Miku being underwhelming, to the only actual scale being shown being her default uniform and 1/4, it was just so disappointing.

I really like Snow Miku 2015 but she is certainly no 2014. The simpler design is elegant and her base is really cute.

brassica

Sweet Jesus.

Half this thread blew 10k on her last month. Depends what you mean by cheap. :p

I....I like you

Don't think you will find Wo-Class for to cheap sadly...

Holy shit that nendo tower. Don't fall over!!

Lets play Jenga

Nice collection.

Heh, thank you all for you replies! I know, one day, they will kill me while I sleep :)

Well, it's a shamethat Wo-Class is a limited version, but this gives me an excuse to visit Akihabara and Nakano Broadway again soon.

bigkrev

Let's change "Want to get Hinata Nendo" to "CANT get Hinata Nendo", as it appears sold out everwhere except for places that still have it listed as a pre-order with a January release (making me dubious)

That Nendo tower, onto the Twitter list =D and no worries about the speed, think people are of a high from WonFES XD it'll slow down soonish. Also another Umaru fan deserves a *high five*. 148 posts but you're a member O___O and joined in 2004

Also:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-21387-1365525604-32.gif

The cosplay talk veered into a territory I didn't predict XD

Theonik

I kinda want to post my Twitter up there but I fear most people will not appreciate the Pixiv onslaught.

omlet

So...

Since Devil Homura is delayed...

I may have kind of possibly just accidentally four whole nendos...

Mandarake (last night):
218635.jpg
27638.jpg

MFC (today):
144353.jpg
144336.jpg

Let's change "Want to get Hinata Nendo" to "CANT get Hinata Nendo", as it appears sold out everwhere except for places that still have it listed as a pre-order with a January release (making me dubious)

Haikyuu's super popular, yo

That does explain why I saw one on Mandarake for 7k lol

Bombless

Alors la...bravo! Dat nendo tower, holy shit. Added you on twitter, I'm Nfern0 over there.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Theres a tiny ring in front of each of the lanterns as well (you can see it with the left side more easily)

Each one of the lanterns lights up when the ring is touched to it. It's real stupid and I appreciate that.

You even hate on the stuff you do collect LOL

Tower of Druaga is real...

Running out of space for all the new figures I'm getting in 2015 on my shelves :/.

Looks like another IKEA trip is in the cards for me in the near future....

No, just throw out all those papery things in the other unit, I think they are called book's or something...

Caught up with the WonFes announcements but I honestly think I might just go for the figma Yu Narukami.

The Nendos for MM Link, Kirby & Marth are tempting but they don't really grab me. If there was an Ike, I might bite. The MGS2 Raiden Nendo is slightly more appealing but we'll see.

If anything, P4 DAN will sink my budget in June while April is Lucina figma month and May will be pinched keychains.

brassica

No Hakase or Nano? Start over!

Not that much into Nichijou I guess, but the real problem is space : I am not sure all these cuties in their boxes will fit in the two Detolf I have.

I also try to restrain myself from buying too much, so currently, the only preordered figure is Nendoroid Mario.
I missed the preorder for the latest Touhou one, Yakumo Yukari, but she should be out while I visit Tokyo next month, so I will get her there.
I was tempted to get all the Kancolle ones ( I only have Shimakaze for now), but there are almost 15, which is a bit too much to get in one go.

Ultimadrago

You and Ulty can make it happen. I believe in you.

"I'll try my best too, [Einbroch-san]!"

I have Hakase but no Nano. Am I still worthy?

You may start where you left off~

They are kind of holy grails for me right now. I mean Nano can be had for 6k if my JP sources are right but still...

Still cheaper than most of the prices I've seen for her.

MFC (today):
144353.jpg

How did I forget an Aigis nendo existed? Now time to forget so I'm not tempted to spend anymore.

Is that a good thing? What would prompt that reaction?!

:Buttnik

omlet

omlet, I'd hide that
Tohka
. Snk gonna get jealous.

I bet he'll get real jealous if I say how much I got it for. And he might not be the only one. :v
I was tempted to get all the Kancolle ones ( I only have Shimakaze for now), but there are almost 15, which is a bit too much to get in one go.

I'm getting a few of them but not all. I don't like the designs of Ooi and the one with her, or Fubuki... basically the ones that are just boring serafuku are nope in my book. Design needs to be a little more interesting (Shimakaze, Abyssals) and/or the extras need to be great (Kongo & co, Akagi & Kaga).

How did I forget an Aigis nendo existed? Now time to forget so I'm not tempted to spend anymore.

I'll take loooots of pics for you when she arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom