• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.....

I know it four player game and requires to have friends to have fun together and i don't have friends at the moment.

So, i was wondering did any of you played through the entire game in single player mode?

I want to know if it's worth my money or not.

Thanks for replying! :D :D

I finished it on single player.

It gets kinda boring, and the final area is way too long and tedious (with no saving!)

It's not bad though. Graphics and music are nice. I'd say for the right price it's a nice diversion.

akascream

Banned
I didn't finish it in single player.. I got bored rather quickly. We did have a blast playing 4 player (12 hour sitting), but never finished it cause it was too much work to get everyone together with all the hardware.

Really looking forward to the DS version though.

TheDuce22

Banned
The game sucks, its not even worth the effort of getting 4 people together with 4 gameboys when you could be playing mario kart or any number of great multiplayer games on gc. If you really want to try out the system link (whatever its called) zelda four swords is a much much better game.

gunstarhero

The game sucks, its not even worth the effort of getting 4 people together with 4 gameboys when you could be playing mario kart or any number of great multiplayer games on gc. If you really want to try out the system link (whatever its called) zelda four swords is a much much better game.

Agreed.

quin

I kinda liked Crystal Chronicles :( I never got to play it by myself but we always had four people and it was a good time. The only time I played four swords was multiplayer also and it sucked cause one of they guys kept throwing/shooting us and doing other very annoying things constantly. It would take 20min to get out of a dungeon cause he would keep throwing us back down :(

Sriram

I thought this game was lackluster in multiplayer, so I can imagine it would be pretty bad in single player. Buy four swords instead - good in single player aswell as begin great for multi.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm one of the few people who actually liked single player more than multi.

Overall, I enjoyed the game. Great music and graphics. I just wish there was a lot more story.

akascream

Banned
Meh, Four swords was kinda lacking a bit. There was nothing to keep me interested. I guess the same could be said of FFCC, since imo they play somewhat similar.. but at least the teamwork aspects of FF's battle system were compelling for a while.

Four Swords DID actually make use of the gba's, however. There was nothing about FF:CC that required that second screen.

LakeEarth

I was enjoying the ... surroundings, the characters that you were meeting... the general feel of the game was really nice. But once I got to the final 2 stages, I would just get destroyed. I just stopped playing and I doubt beating those two stages will actually lead anywhere. The last boss I beat (the purple dragon) took almost an hour of constant chipping and healing.

Is anything significant develop about that crazy black knight?

akascream said:
Meh, Four swords was kinda lacking a bit. There was nothing to keep me interested. I guess the same could be said of FFCC, since imo they play somewhat similar.. but at least the teamwork aspects of FF's battle system were compelling for a while.

Four Swords DID actually make use of the gba's, however. There was nothing about FF:CC that required that second screen.

The menus / letters / craft system and more would have meant a lot of screen clutter. I liked the way, that if you were in your menu, the GC would take over basic control of your character to keep you with the party. But yeah, I agree Four Swords is more enjoyable.

I think its far more enjoyable than you and a few others here gave it credit for. I think it helps if you're an old school Zelda fan... the puzzles (which were different on some dungeons depending on how many players you played with) put many (if not all) of the ones in the 3d games to complete shame. The story was laid out in a very basic way, but the graphics and gameplay were absolutely beautiful IMO. As a big LttP fan, I even enjoyed single player.

Axsider

Banned
Jade Knight 08 said:
I know it four player game and requires to have friends to have fun together and i don't have friends at the moment.

So, i was wondering did any of you played through the entire game in single player mode?

I want to know if it's worth my money or not.

Thanks for replying! :D :D
It's not a Final Fantasy! Is that enough?

Top Bottom