• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

LProtag

I just put the game in after playing the demo (which was really janky for me) and the opening cinematic was stuttering like crazy.

There must be something wrong with my PS4... and Bloodborne comes out next week too. I'm pretty disheartened right now.

I just put the game in after playing the demo (which was really janky for me) and the opening cinematic was stuttering like crazy.

There must be something wrong with my PS4... and Bloodborne comes out next week too. I'm pretty disheartened right now.

Do a hard reboot and see if that fixes it.

LProtag

I'm rebuilding the database. I knew something was up when the FFXV demo was freezing for a few seconds and no one else mentioned it. Ugh.

Kyolux

So my copy is out for delivery.

- Odds of mailman knocking on the door 1/5 (instead, they'll probably just put a sticker for pickup tomorrow after 1pm)

- Odds in the case of mailman knocking on the door, that someone at my place opens the door? About 1/3.

So about 1/15 chances I play this tonight.

Well, against the odds, somehow, I got my copy at home.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Stupid European S-E store still haven't shipped my copy. Look at me getting it way later than 20 march.

Is this game the same graphically on xbox one and PS4? I have both consoles

Since both DMC and revelations 2, I stopped assuming PS4 is always the stronger performer

Loakum

Banned
I'm about to dive in......the demo.

sqfDgeXl.jpg

Teknoman

Where are you, UPS!?

UPS had my CE waiting in Houston since March 13, handed it off to USPS yesterday, and its still not saying Out for Delivery. I really hope UPS didnt get the package down here on time, only for USPS to sit around with it and have it "rescheduled due to circumstances" for tomorrow or something.

RPGCrazied

UPS had my CE waiting in Houston since March 13, handed it off to USPS yesterday, and its still not saying Out for Delivery. I really hope UPS didnt get the package down here on time, only for USPS to sit around with it and have it "rescheduled due to circumstances" for tomorrow or something.

Weird, did you get yours from Amazon? That is where my game is now, probably be tomorrow morning. I did get a $10 credit, so thats nice I guess.

Maybe Amazon had a problem with the shipment, dunno.

Teknoman

Weird, did you get yours from Amazon? That is where my game is now, probably be tomorrow morning. I did get a $10 credit, so thats nice I guess.

Maybe Amazon had a problem with the shipment, dunno.

Ordered from the Square Enix store since they said it would be here on release date. I live in Houston, so it sucks that they couldnt just deliver it yesterday lol.

The FFXIV realm reborn OST arrived just fine and on time, so maybe the tracking just hasnt updated / will update at the last minute.

CE isgood value with both artbook and a comic (I forgot the details when I ordered so when I saw the comic I was disappointed assuming it was all there was art wise). The artbook is nice and large page size wise (not a huge number of pages though), its not the small type that often comes with CE.

Steelbook is ... interesting, a weird gold color with monochrome etching that is different from most black style cases. Not initially impressed but its certainly different.

I think its nice and glad I bought it but wouldnt recommend paying scalper prices. comic is black & white BTW.

RDreamer

...the eff?

Talk to someone who's apparently a teacher without a class in akademia, and the whole conversation had this weird sexual undertone to it... talk to her directly after that and she's talking about a bikini she wears around her room and can't wait to wear at the beach.

Goddammit Japan...

LProtag

I did a factory reset and it works now.

I'm really worried that my PS4 might be dying still... but the opening cutscene doesn't stutter like hell anymore. We'll see if the FFXV demo runs smoothly once I download it again.

So I hear. Still not sure why there's any legitimate reason why all digital releases can't be put out midnight, but I digress...

Just doesn't make sense to me, haha. I figured since it was stuck loading that they might be updating it.

I've never done digital pre-order so I'm not sure about this, but I'm guessing if SE/SCEA didn't mess up and forget to put a pre-order page up on the store you probably would have been able to download and play at midnight.

jwk94

So how similar is the combat to The Third Birthday? I loved that game and from the looks of it, the two are pretty similar.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Your normal attacks will do nothing to them pretty much. You have to manage by triggering Kill Sights, and it takes a while to learn every enemy's pattern.

They will also probably one-shot you unless you stack HP. But hey, at least you don't need to worry about leveling since everyone will be very weak, so all of your characters will always be the viable.
Okay, thank you. I think I'll try - unless people activeley start advising against it. Europe has to wait anyway :(

neoemonk

Went out to the store on my lunch hour and bought this. Leaving work in under two hours to go pop this sucker in and play
the FF XV demo

Z3M0G

Lol, only item in my purchase history so far is the demo:

Name Type Purchased Expiration Date

FINAL FANTASY® XV - EPISODE DUSCAE- DEMO
SQUARE ENIX CO. LTD.
GameService 03/17/2015 --

It'll sort itself out by the time I get home... usually does.

Top Bottom