• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Laws00

Go out to the store and buy it or wait

WAIT WAIT for it come online PSN. I'm waiting

its 11:02 AM

I want my fucking FF game and 15 demo

COME ON!

Man, 4 more hours until I can play this. I can't believe how long it's been since I played a new FF title with completely new characters/world/etc.

Dispatch Notification :) from The Game Collection Hopefully there delivery is good so that I get it tomorrow or Thursday. I also hope that the FFXV demo is available Wednesday rather than having to wait till Friday (UK).

SimplyGames in my case. I'm confident it'll get here tomorrow.

Xamdou

Probably.

Wal-Mart and Target are two other good places, since they do not usually do pre-orders for these types of games.

I'd rather get the game at Bestbuy since it's the closest to me and I get 20% any game through GCU. I will check out Bestbuy first then hope over to Target to try to get the Day one edition. I pass on Walmart because there is none around my area.

I believe so since its the first shipment of the game that will have the demo.

So all the day one edition has is the final fantasy XV demo?

Kyolux

So my copy is out for delivery.

- Odds of mailman knocking on the door 1/5 (instead, they'll probably just put a sticker for pickup tomorrow after 1pm)

- Odds in the case of mailman knocking on the door, that someone at my place opens the door? About 1/3.

So about 1/15 chances I play this tonight.

RPGCrazied

If I had to guess, I'd think that maybe Houston is a hub and Fort Worth isn't.

I don't know the UPS hub list off the top of the head. As an example, my package came from Best Buy's HQ in Minnesota and went to a location in Iowa, which is about two hours north of me. THEN it went to Kansas, which is two hours west of me. So instead of coming directly south to me, it moved laterally west. It's just part of how the shipment system works.

Meh. Fort Worth is pretty big though, I'd be shocked if it wasn't a hub. So, chances are I won't get it today?

anderedna

Got mine few hours back. Comes with Asia version steel case.

So far the game is okay, but the cutscene are so long. Lucky SE implemented skip option this time.

I've redeemed Duscae and finished downloading them, but I still haven't tried it yet. Does this demo has time limit?

Gestault

The entire first shipment is the "Day One Edition," which includes the Final Fantasy XV demo. Scummy retailers were trying to posture it as a bonus for pre-ordering. Everyone gets a code if they're buying it near release. There's not even a sku for a non-Day One Edition.

RDreamer

The motion blur wouldn't be bad at all if the stick swivel wasn't so damned sensitive. Crazy there aren't any options for that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Er, recommendation to use Japanese dialogue for new people playing. It'll make you atleast take the experience more seriously. Some of those voicing decisions....way worse than even FFX and that was their first try. Really baffling

I'm getting the "Site Not Available" page on the browser PSN store. Is anyone else encountering this, and if so, does this pop up when they're updating the store?

edit: my friend told me it works for her so i guess it's on my end

sensui-tomo

Er, recommendation to use Japanese dialogue for new people playing. It'll make you atleast take the experience more seriously. Some of those voicing decisions....way worse than even FFX and that was their first try. Really baffling

Its bad when i like some of the voices, but the voice director did jack shit to help them. That in my opinion is worse than a bad dub, A good voice cast with terrible direction.

I'm curious about hard mode as well. No idea how "enemies gain 30 levels" affects anything. Is it manageable?

Your normal attacks will do nothing to them pretty much. You have to manage by triggering Kill Sights, and it takes a while to learn every enemy's pattern.

They will also probably one-shot you unless you stack HP. But hey, at least you don't need to worry about leveling since everyone will be very weak, so all of your characters will always be the viable.

Fee

Your normal attacks will do nothing to them pretty much. You have to manage by triggering Kill Sights, and it takes a while to learn every enemy's pattern.

They will also probably one-shot you unless you stack HP. But hey, at least you don't need to worry about leveling since everyone will be very weak, so all of your characters will always be the viable.

Do you gain xp faster on hard then you would from killing the same enemies on normal? I'm trying to decide between the 2 difficulties now.

That opening cinematic is boss as fuck. It made me feel epicness.

Feels odd that I never played this on psp. I played Crisis Core and Dissidia, but not Type 0. I think I remember the name being off putting.

Well bought it at Gamestop. Demo's downloading now while I go to the barbershop real quick. The 60 bucks on the psn can go towards Bloodborne.

Yay my CE finally arrived!

CAT5KEBUgAAfWBf.jpg:large

anddo0

Feels odd that I never played this on psp. I played Crisis Core and Dissidia, but not Type 0. I think I remember the name being off putting.

The game never made it to the west, or else I would've purchased it.

I didn't plan on purchasing this. But it does look rather good, and the Final Fantasy XV demo looks damn impressive from the bits I spoiled myself with.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

It was never out in the west on PSP, only Japan got it

Do you gain xp faster on hard then you would from killing the same enemies on normal? I'm trying to decide between the 2 difficulties now.

Well, they are 30 levels higher, so yeah.

But it's not really enough to level you up to their level.

You can change difficulty in-game though, so try it out if you want.

Chucker

I started using English until I was able to save for the first time. I stopped participating in the sub v dub wars a long time ago, but this just irritates me. They sound uninspired, the four Gods are clearly for the countries but they don't call them by their proper nouns. It probably only bothers me, but I blame Fushigi Yuugi for that.

Suzaku being called vermillion bird (literal translation, not technically "wrong") makes me want to throw stuff out the window. :(

RDreamer

Jesus, the voice acting and writing on some of this is sooooooooo bad.

"I don't know. I wish I knew." - Why do so many JRPGs repeat lines just slightly rephrased so much? Is it something to do with their language? Stuff like that is why I wanted to chuck my 3DS against the wall while playing Bravely Default.

I started using English until I was able to save for the first time. I stopped participating in the sub v dub wars a long time ago, but this just irritates me. They sound uninspired, the four Gods are clearly for the countries but they don't call them by their proper nouns. It probably only bothers me, but I blame Fushigi Yuugi for that.

Suzaku being called vermillion bird (literal translation, not technically "wrong") makes me want to throw stuff out the window. :(

Agreed. People can handle Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu, and Soryu. No need for literal translation. And it sounds cool, unlike "Vermillion Bird".

Z3M0G

Jesus, the voice acting and writing on some of this is sooooooooo bad.

"I don't know. I wish I knew." - Why do so many JRPGs repeat lines just slightly rephrased so much? Is it something to do with their language? Stuff like that is why I wanted to chuck my 3DS against the wall while playing Bravely Default.

Difference of timing between Japanese version of a saying, and English. It's better than just saying "I don't know" and watching the lips keep flapping for an extra few moments.

Ricker

Damn,this is probably the saddest start to a game in a long time ;) and also all those controls and switching characters and those menues without any tutorial on certain stuff,this will take a while to get use to...why does it say Reraise and flashing non stop over my characters lol...and I died once already playing on Cadet lol...could be fun once I know what I am doing a little better though hehe...

RDreamer

Difference of timing between Japanese version of a saying, and English. It's better than just saying "I don't know" and watching the lips keep flapping for an extra few moments.

Then how about "I'm just not sure I know..."

There are plenty of ways of rephrasing things without resorting to repeating them over and over. The voice acting was part of it, but if the line had been delivered better and was instead "I don't know, but I wish I did" it would be 100x better.

Not to pick on that one specific line so much. It's just so odd that the same company that could put out translations that are pretty well written with FF12 and Tactics PSP could still do stuff like this. It feels like they literally just translate these things and leave them as-is. No writer or editor actually ever looks at it.

The entire first shipment is the "Day One Edition," which includes the Final Fantasy XV demo. Scummy retailers were trying to posture it as a bonus for pre-ordering. Everyone gets a code if they're buying it near release. There's not even a sku for a non-Day One Edition.

first runs are rarely sold out. I have found day one editions of CoD:AW today at my retailer.

Spineker

Banned
I'm getting the "Site Not Available" page on the browser PSN store. Is anyone else encountering this, and if so, does this pop up when they're updating the store?

edit: my friend told me it works for her so i guess it's on my end

No it isn't, I'm getting this as well

Top Bottom