• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail - Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
b9d9ba70c97abbde93530ebe8088ddd4cf4f4cc922190333.jpg

Game Title: Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail

Platforms:

• PC (Jul 2, 2024)
Trailer:

Publisher: Square Enix

Critic Reviews​

GAMES.CH - Larissa Baiter - German - 89%

Final Fantasy XIV Dawntrail is a great expansion that has a lot to offer. The graphics update is really good and the Final Fantasy music is still a masterpiece. The main story questline is okay, but unfortunately not as outstanding as players had hoped. Nevertheless, the new world of Dawntrail is worth a look for every MMO fan, as there are new dungeons, new jobs, new decorative items and much more.

GamingTrend - David Flynn - 80 / 100

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail is very messy, but still greatly enjoyable. Wuk Lamat is a lovable character who I hope sticks around, with a satisfying character arc tying in with the expansion's themes. Viper is a blast to play, and every dungeon or trial holds something new and unique. While the expansion isn't the best FFXIv has to offer, it has so much heart you can't help but smile.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 85 / 100

Quote not yet available

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 9 / 10

Dawntrail may have the slowest start of any expansion since A Realm Reborn, but it ultimately won the race with it's smooth queue free launch, noticeable graphical updates and an intriguing new plot which is the fresh start Final Fantasy XIV needed to be at the top of the MMORPG genre once again

Screen Rant - Austin King - Unscored

I've adored my time in Tural so far, and it's some of the most fun I've had in FFXIV in the 11+ years I've been playing. Wuk Lamat is someone worth rooting for, and the designs found in Dawntrail are just beautiful. More than anything, I'm just eager to get back and see where Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail takes me from here.

We Got This Covered - David James - Unscored

'Dawntrail' shoves your character so far into the background of its story you may as well not be there. That said, the vibrancy and personality of Tural is a real breath of fresh air, and the dungeon bosses have never been more satisfying to take down.

RSLAEV

I'm amazed how much better the game looks. I still use Reshade to saturate the colors a bit more but that's all. I really like the new setting and I enjoy following Wuk Lamat (JP Voice) around and doing mundane things for people in need.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've really been enjoying the new expansion and as others have mentioned the graphical update looks great.
Now is a great time to jump in if anyone's been on the fence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom