• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki video

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Here is a video (flash) of the new Fire Emblem game for GBA. It seems to be demonstrating the new features for this iteration of the series.

I found it here. Seems like they'll be putting up a commercial soon as well.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I'm fairly confident they will, especially since they're translating the GC version. Another GBA Fire Emblem will help get the name out there a little more and at least make the GC version a moderate success.

edit: when I say "moderate success", I mean in places other than Japan. ;P

I still hope that they will translate FE 6, but the chances for that are slim.
Maybe one day Nintendo decides to give us a compilation disc...that would be awesome.
FE 7 did sell quite well in the US, didnt it? And from what I heard the sales fighures in Europe aren't bad either.

Hurry NOA, I need more Fire Emblem!!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
GermanOfficer said:
I still hope that they will translate FE 6, but the chances for that are slim.
Maybe one day Nintendo decides to give us a compilation disc...that would be awesome.
FE 7 did sell quite well in the US, didnt it? And from what I heard the sales fighures in Europe aren't bad either.

Hurry NOA, I need more Fire Emblem!!
Have you ever considered the opportunities offered by the lifestyle of a pirate? Signup today!

old_pirate.jpg

pirate.jpg

Kola

I'd like a compilation disc with the SFC FEs "Thracia 776" and "Genealogy of Holy War". The translated roms are so poor yet the gameplay still makes fun without understanding huge bits of the story.

AniHawk

I'd love to see all the SFC FEs, actually. FE III has FE I as part of the first part of the story, doesn't it? Maybe they could squeeze FE VI in there as well.

I'm curious as to why we haven't seen anything on GC FE since before E3 though...

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
AniHawk said:
I'm curious as to why we haven't seen anything on GC FE since before E3 though...
Because it desperately needs work done on it. I'd actually love to see it go 2D, but there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Oh, and don't you mean "since after E3"?

AniHawk

Scrow said:
Because it desperately needs work done on it. I'd actually love to see it go 2D, but there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Oh, and don't you mean "since after E3"?

It was all around the same period, I can't remember properly. Might've been after E3. Still a long time ago.

I ask because I thought it was being released this year in Japan.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
so does anyone know what new features this video was supposed to show off?

only thing I saw was branching class evolution.

Meier

I cant imagine this wont come out in the US considering the previous title's success. (342,965 / $10,791,490). I would imagine that after it gets a price drop to $20, it could very well make it up near 500,000. If nothing else, it should top Advance Wars' 400,834 which obviously had its sequel be released here.

FoneBone

I'm pretty sure this will make it over here. FE6, though... if it were ever going to come here, it would have been announced by now.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
1. Fire Emblem main theme remix rocked.
2. Fighting monsters rock.
3. Branching evolutions rock.
4. New special effects rock.

snapty00

Banned
When are we going to see more of the GameCube version? That's the one I'm interested in. This one for GBA looks like all the rest of the GBA/SFC versions.

AniHawk

snapty00 said:
When are we going to see more of the GameCube version? That's the one I'm interested in. This one for GBA looks like all the rest of the GBA/SFC versions.

I WONDER WHY THAT COULD BE.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Well, up until late July, IS was focused on getting Paper Mario 2 out, not to mention the GBA FE's they've been developing, I doubt we'll see anything new on FE-GC until next E3.

AniHawk

Eric-GCA said:
Well, up until late July, IS was focused on getting Paper Mario 2 out, not to mention the GBA FE's they've been developing, I doubt we'll see anything new on FE-GC until next E3.

But the thing about FE GC is that it's supposed to be out in Japan this November/December.

snapty00

Banned
Eric-GCA said:
I hope it's not that far away.

AniHawk

snapty00 said:
I hope it's not that far away.

Well we'll be seeing the GC FE in America next year anyhow. If it comes out this year in Japan, then we'll probably see it here in October or a bit earlier.

AniHawk said:
Well we'll be seeing the GC FE in America next year anyhow. If it comes out this year in Japan, then we'll probably see it here in October or a bit earlier.

Yeah we just have to be patient.
A summer '05 US release of FE: Seima no Kouseki would be appreciated.

GO

Top Bottom