• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox 0.9.1 / Thunderbird 0.7.1 are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mozilla Foundation has released updates to both Firefox and Thunderbird.

Firefox 0.9.1 - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Thunderbird 0.7.1 - http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Both contain minor bug fixes that fix some problems in the extension manager and automatic update system. Firefox 0.9.1 also includes a new default theme (again).

I installed with no problem, although now that the automatic update system works the marker down in the corner for it is telling me there is an update for Firefox even though there isn't (It's telling me to get version 0.9.1 which I already have).

Vlad

Well, I finally took the Firefox plunge (about a couple weeks after taking the Mozilla plunge, and being less than happy about it). I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with Firefox so far. It's generally a heck of a lot faster than Mozilla 1.6, and seems to generally work a whole lot better.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Does this one actually install over previous installs or do i have to uninstall, then install it?

Midas

I installed with no problem, although now that the automatic update system works the marker down in the corner for it is telling me there is an update for Firefox even though there isn't (It's telling me to get version 0.9.1 which I already have).

Same thing here. If anyone know how to fix it please tell us.

El Papa

This new build fixed my problem with the extension manager, but now I'm having trouble hiding the tab bar when only one window is open. The option is greyed out when I installed the TAbbrowser extension and I can't find it in that extension preferences.

edit: Ah, I found it, it's kinda hidden in the Tabbrowser Extension settings, you have to change one of the settings to make it available.

Vlad

Boy, it seems that whenever I check out a new browser, there's always some simple little thing that I can't seem to figure out...

I've always preferred having an individual little window for each download currently running, instead of the Download Manager that Mozilla/Firefox has. In Mozilla, I could tell it to not bother opening the Download manager, but still have the individual downloads in their own little windows. I can't seem to find that option in Firefox.

Also, how does the "Save all files to this folder:" download setting work? I've specified a folder to download to, selected the little bubble, yet it still asks me every time I start a download, and it doesn't even default to the folder I specified!

Deg

Banned
Vlad said:
Boy, it seems that whenever I check out a new browser, there's always some simple little thing that I can't seem to figure out...

I've always preferred having an individual little window for each download currently running, instead of the Download Manager that Mozilla/Firefox has. In Mozilla, I could tell it to not bother opening the Download manager, but still have the individual downloads in their own little windows. I can't seem to find that option in Firefox.

Also, how does the "Save all files to this folder:" download setting work? I've specified a folder to download to, selected the little bubble, yet it still asks me every time I start a download, and it doesn't even default to the folder I specified!

Might be conflicting with previous extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom