• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox help! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitario

Here it goes:
1. I installed the Gmail compose and Yahoo compose extensions.
2. I hit F11 (full screen)... then again so I could go back to normal screen.
3. I huge gray block appeared under the status bar, so... I closed the browser.

4. I opened the browser again but this time it appeared like this:

1.gif

Sometimes it loads the page, sometimes it doesn't and just freezes and I've to close it in the Task Manager.

I reinstalled it (without uninstalling first, I don't want to lose the extensions, plug-ins, skins, etc.) and that didn't do anything... still got the blank page without icons, address bar, etc.

Any help? :(

DJ_Tet

Banned
I've been having problems with my firefox. First it was "This document contains no data" on just one of my 5 yahoo mail accounts. I've also been getting some strange "forwards" on random pages. It will send me to another webpage other than the one I've clicked onto. To get back, I've got to click the "back" button.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Not to my knowledge, I only got the default package.

edit: I've got five yahoo accounts and it only affected one account. I think it was a yahoo problem rather than a mozilla problem.

The main problem has happened on random webpages where it loaded the page I wanted to, and then loaded another page without my input.

I really wish I had stuck with Firefox 0.8 for a bit longer. I've installed 0.9.2 and its still great but NONE of the extensions I have installed are working.

I've got TabBroser Preferences 0.6.5 which is supposed to support 0.9+ and it doesn't work. I also have DownloadSort (as the download with extension isn't yet available for 0.9.2) and it doesn't work either!

Anyone else having issues?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Farore said:
Here it goes:
1. I installed the Gmail compose and Yahoo compose extensions.
2. I hit F11 (full screen)... then again so I could go back to normal screen.
3. I huge gray block appeared under the status bar, so... I closed the browser.

4. I opened the browser again but this time it appeared like this:

1.gif

Sometimes it loads the page, sometimes it doesn't and just freezes and I've to close it in the Task Manager.

I reinstalled it (without uninstalling first, I don't want to lose the extensions, plug-ins, skins, etc.) and that didn't do anything... still got the blank page without icons, address bar, etc.

Any help? :(

Try opening 2 browsers at the same time. The first one should look like the one in the pic and the second should be normal.

Sagitario

Killthee said:
Try opening 2 browsers at the same time. The first one should look like the one in the pic and the second should be normal.

I did it, the second window doesn't open.

I uninstalled Firefox completely and then installed it again.... still the same problem :mad:

Farore said:
I did it, the second window doesn't open.

I uninstalled Firefox completely and then installed it again.... still the same problem :mad:

try a different directory

also there might be a problem in yur

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles folder

might want to try deleting it (but back up bookmarks and stuff in it first of course)

Red Dolphin said:
I really wish I had stuck with Firefox 0.8 for a bit longer. I've installed 0.9.2 and its still great but NONE of the extensions I have installed are working.

I've got TabBroser Preferences 0.6.5 which is supposed to support 0.9+ and it doesn't work. I also have DownloadSort (as the download with extension isn't yet available for 0.9.2) and it doesn't work either!

Anyone else having issues?
Overall, I agree. 0.9 is the first time I've regretted upgrading to the newer version. Presumably the changes will lead to a better overall experience in the years to come... but right now it just means half the old extensions I used are no longer compatible.

Sagitario

MrPing1000 said:
try a different directory

also there might be a problem in yur

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles folder

might want to try deleting it (but back up bookmarks and stuff in it first of course)

Yep. The probelm is my profile folder. I erased it and everything is normal again with Firefox (except I don't have plug-ins, extensions, skins, etc.), plus... in other XP sessions Firefox works just fine...

I guess I've to reinstall everything again... damn!

Sriram

okay ive got a small problem with firefox too. I used to be able to type an irc address in the address bar and it would open up mirc. But then mirc expired and although ive registered it now firefox doesnt know what to do with irc addresses. Any ideas?

Sagitario

I copy+paste the folders in the Mozilla directory and I can say the problem was in the chrome folder inside of Firefox/Profiles:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Datos de programa\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.zw1\chrome

When I pasted the chrome folder, I got the problem again...

Thanks for the help MrPing1000! ^_________^
I've no idea what caused it... =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom