• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox is being annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is annoying the life outta me, every time i minimize firefox every open page moves back to the top of the page. ARGH!!!

And it keeps telling to download 0.9.1 but thats what im using hmmph

right reinstalling fixed the auto jump to the top of the page thing. The update remains though, although i can live with it. Although i have that damn red exclamation at the bottom of the page

MrPing1000 said:
right reinstalling fixed the auto jump to the top of the page thing. The update remains though, although i can live with it. Although i have that damn red exclamation at the bottom of the page

Yeah this seems to be happening to everyone. I even turned of the "check for updates" option and it still happens. Some kinda small code glitch. I'll bet it's fixed in the nightlies.

Enter "about:config" (without the quotes) in the address/URL bar. Enter "update" (without the quotes) in the filter box, then right-click any prefs shown in bold and select reset in the context-menu. Then make sure to turn off all software and extension update preferences (Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Software Update) - but leave "Allow web sites to install software" alone.

Thanks to Hendikins and Steffen for this. :)

Hopefully that should work. If it doesn't, feel free to post your problem in a seperate thread. Thank you!

AHA!!

aoi tsuki

Wolfy said:
IE hasn't given me a problem in a very long time. Someone convince me why I need Firefox.

* Popup blocker built in - 'Nuff said
* Open source - Whether Firefox is natively more secure than IE is debatable. But with it being open source there's greater chance that any major security threat will have a fix faster than IE would.
* Tabbed browsing - Each tab displays a web page, instead of each web page having it's own window, cluttering your desktop and taskbar
* Extensions - Adds more functionality to IE by adding things like enhanced popup blocking (Flash ads ^_^), mouse gestures, etc.

Department of Homeland Security says to stop using IE
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=3&u=/cmp/20040702/tc_cmp/22103407

Slate (MSN's Slate that is) recommends using Firefox over IE
http://slate.msn.com/id/2103152/

FightyF

Banned
I've downloaded Firefox a few days ago and have had nothing but problems with it. I think it has to do with the way it's configured, or interacting with other programs like Black Ice.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Wolfy said:
IE hasn't given me a problem in a very long time. Someone convince me why I need Firefox.
I haven't had a single unwanted popup since using it and ad/spy/malware is reduced if not completely denied. Adblock is also a cool extension I recommend for Firefox. Tabbed browsing is also a cool little bonus, but I mainly use it for security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom