• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First AVP reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Hopefully, in Alien 5, Ripley will wake up after a long hyperspace coma with older versions of Newt and Hicks telling her that she's been an extended coma for some-odd years. She has a flashblack that the quick events of Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection and she is like, "OMG WHAT ABOUT THE FACEHUGGER IN THE CORNER IT GOT US I SWEAR!" and they all laugh and say that's the stupidest thing they ever heard of.

MEANWHILE, THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY TO THE ALIEN HOMEWORLD.

FoneBone

Willco said:
Hopefully, in Alien 5, Ripley will wake up after a long hyperspace coma with older versions of Newt and Hicks telling her that she's been an extended coma for some-odd years. She has a flashblack that the quick events of Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection and she is like, "OMG WHAT ABOUT THE FACEHUGGER IN THE CORNER IT GOT US I SWEAR!" and they all laugh and say that's the stupidest thing they ever heard of.

MEANWHILE, THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY TO THE ALIEN HOMEWORLD.
That's what we all wish they'd do... too bad there's pretty much no chance of it happening.

evil ways

I knew it, I fucking knew it that somehow that whole "My buddy, The Predator" crap would sneak itself into the movie.

I'll still see it though, if only to watch the Preds use that sexy shoulder plasma cannon.

This movie will kick ass.

Story line?!? Spiderman 2 filled my "need a good story line for a movie" void this summer. Bring on the action baby! Bring on the acid blood!

Willco

Hollywood Square
SKluck said:
You are like an everlasting killjoy aren't you?

Listen, I love me some Aliens. And I love me some Predators. But I don't love me some Paul Anderson. He's a trainwreck.

Mindless action to horrible industrial music while destroying what people liked about both series is not my idea of fun. Freddy vs Jason is a great example of a stupid fanboy movie done right, because it didn't disrespect either franchise. This shit spits in the face of Ripley, Arnold and - fuck it! - let's just forget Predator 2.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Grifter said:
While you're right, the repective franchises have already been pissed on so bring this shitpile on.

They haven't been tarnished by sequels in years and that's the way I'd like to keep it. There's no need to pour gasoline on a baby that's on fire. That's just sick, man.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alucard said:
I thought that idea was thrown out the window?

Nope! Campbell just stated not too long ago that he's up to it under the right conditions and that he doesn't want to say it's not going to happen or that it is going to happen, because it's just being talked about and worked on by lawyers and such at New Line for now.

Alucard

Banned
Which means that we won't see it until about 2006 and will likely get another Bubba movie before then.

Mr. Bruce Campbell, why were there so many gross penis jokes in Bubba Ho-Tep and how come I didn't like the movie as much as your previous work? It just seemed way too slow and the penis talk was a bit much.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alucard said:
Which means that we won't see it until about 2006 and will likely get another Bubba movie before then.

Mr. Bruce Campbell, why were there so many gross penis jokes in Bubba Ho-Tep and how come I didn't like the movie as much as your previous work? It just seemed way too slow and the penis talk was a bit much.

Because Bubba Ho-Tep is not some mediocre genre piece and is elevated to an actual film that is about growing old and life's regrets. Perhaps you will like it more as you mature and have your own life experiences. Plus, penis jokes are always in. Except at Christmas.

Alucard

Banned
Even if it wasn't a genre piece, it just wasn't all that entertaining. Maybe if all of the penis stuff had been substituted with something else I would have liked it more. The best part of the movie for me was Elvis' battle with that flying bug in his room.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alucard said:
Even if it wasn't a genre piece, it just wasn't all that entertaining. Maybe if all of the penis stuff had been substituted with something else I would have liked it more. The best part of the movie for me was Elvis' battle with that flying bug in his room.

It was very entertaining and I'm sorry you feel that way. My 81% fresh ratting on Rotten Tomatoes tells me you're in the minority though, in addition to all my film festival awards. I will do my best to improve the franchise in the sequel, Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She-Vampires. Now with even more penis jokes!

Alucard

Banned
I think a lot of the positive press was simply given because the movie starred Bruce Campbell, a cult hero if there ever was one. I might give the movie another look somewhere down the road (maybe once Bubba Nosferatu comes out) but for now I think it was just an "okay" flick. Ah well.

So yeah, Alien vs. Predator is going to suck?...

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i didn't like bubba ho-tep, either. i felt like i was growing old just watching it. the pace threw me off completely. bruce was a great elvis, though.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alucard said:
I think a lot of the positive press was simply given because the movie starred Bruce Campbell, a cult hero if there ever was one.

I really doubt mainstream critics are secret Evil Dead fans.

BUT YES BACK TO TOPIC, ALIENS vs PREDATOR SUCKS AND BLOWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom