• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First original HL ported to Source pic

teiresias

So is this an official mod for HL2 or something? I've never played through the first HL, but had been thinking of picking it up. But if I'm going to be able to play it through an official mod or something on the Source engine maybe I'll wait and play the mod first and then actually play HL2 so I get the full story.

Tenguman

teiresias: there's not much to the first game's story. If you want to play the game just to get caught up, I suggest looking through gamefaq's scripts.

Slo

Yeah, neither HL:Source or CS:Source look all that great compared to HL2, but I can't complain about free content.

Slo

Tenguman said:
teiresias: there's not much to the first game's story. If you want to play the game just to get caught up, I suggest looking through gamefaq's scripts.

Naw, play the first game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MightyHedgehog said:
Wow. Looks nice. I hope the Action Team is bringing AHL to Source... FLF would be nice, too.

Haha, you're a fan of AHL? Did you ever play AQ2 or Reaction Quake 3? I loved AQ2 but never did try AHL....oh welll

FLF rocks too, but too bad both of those mods aren't too popular

shibbs said:
Wtf... you play AHL? As who?

Looks nice btw.

I haven't played AHL for almost two years... I weaned myself off of CS after beta 7 -- hated all the changes they made right after -- with AHL after finding out about it from some old Action Quake buddies...then promptly got addicted to AHL... I used to play as Jester/MightyHedgehog/Cereal_Killah.

Wario64 said:
Haha, you're a fan of AHL? Did you ever play AQ2 or Reaction Quake 3? I loved AQ2 but never did try AHL....oh welll

Yeah, I used to play AQ2 all the damned time...too much, in fact. :)

Yeah, I really dug FLF in the early going, but after awhile, there were too many jackasses populating the games I joined and constantly whining about how it wasn't CS... *sigh* Great game, though.

Still waiting for Action UT...

Wario64 said:

FLF sucks SO MUCH. I don't know why you people keep playing this game.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
eXxy said:
heh, i might have to bust through HL: source before diving into HL2. that screen looks great!

ditto. I never did get to finish the 1st game for whatever reason, but I played the heck out of Counter-Strike. Can't wait!

firex

HL Source is GOTY 2004 and HL2 is GOTY 2005.

now we need They Hunger: Source and TFC: Source, and Sven Co-op: Source.

StoOgE said:
anyword on an opposing force port to Source? Blue Shift? Team Fortress?

valve stated a while back all 1st party HL and official endorsed mods would get the source treatment sooner or later after hl2

so

Half Life 1
Death Match Classic
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Counter strike (as we see)
Blue Shift
and OPFOR

I say this is a fucking class move on valve as alot of those games (DoD and TFC respectively) has great gameplay but it was the engine that was making them long in the tooth.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Just think what DoD:Source is gonna be like, phwaor!!!!

I'm more pumped for DoD:source than CS:Source to be honest, one thing the CS:S beta keeps inspiring when I play it is thinking "Day of Defeat, with this engine... ohmyohmyohmyohmy.

cl_ragdoll_collide 1 in DoD will mean literally piles of stacked corpses, oh YES, oh YESOHYESOHYES!.

ZombieSupaStar said:
valve stated a while back all 1st party HL and official endorsed mods would get the source treatment sooner or later after hl2

so

Half Life 1
Death Match Classic
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Counter strike (as we see)
Blue Shift
and OPFOR

I say this is a fucking class move on valve as alot of those games (DoD and TFC respectively) has great gameplay but it was the engine that was making them long in the tooth.

what about gunman chronicles :p

I hope they try some new stuff with dod, the new engine cud finally result in much more realstic beach maps

I want to play this almost as much as 2. I love the first one and have been playing it a lot recently... except it crashes at this one point, so I'm stuck.

Top Bottom