• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song scan!!

u_neek

minstrelsong.jpg

HOT!!

If the story is cohesive and the gameplay is functional and has no connection to Unlimited SaGa, then I will allow myself to become mildly excited. The SaGa Frontiers had many problems, but left me with some hope for the series to return to quality, at least before I played Unlimited SaGa.

Hopefully, it will also have the awesome tune that kicks off all the Romancing SaGa games.

Akitoshi Kawazu would make such awesome games if he had someone to tell him when his ideas got too crazy.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Riskbreaker said:
This remake has a FF-9ish look to it which is a good thing. Hopefully Square will translate this game for the U.S. market.

I've been fucking around with my RS3 cart lately, and the game is really good looking. Makes me wish Square would do more remakes ala Sword of Mana sans the butchering of the game.

Pellham

Banned
Akitoshi Kawazu would make such awesome games if he had someone to tell him when his ideas got too crazy.

Or maybe if he had actual direct input in his games. He stopped directing them at RS2 or RS3. The SF games weren't that bad either, they were just average though. Most of the western criticism against those two games are just that; western.

But RS2 was incredible, one of the best SNES titles out there, so I'm really hoping they will remake it next. I'm hoping that they're only doing RS1 (which was actually pretty mediocre) as a start.

And where's our damn SaGa 2 remake? SaGa 1 was fun, but SaGa 2 was better. :(

If they cut down the number of enemies in dungeons by half (RS1 had so many enemies in dungeons you could barely move), I might give a damn.

madara

Sweet title and looking good. Please Please Please return to snes era and NOT the crappy expertimental ps days.

jiggle

The screen of the city looks nice.
It's too bad they've gone back to the Saga Frontier character designer though(did he do the sagas before Frontier also? It would make sense if he did then he does the remake also I guess.....). I'd much prefer Naora's art in Unlimited over his. Oh well..still looks good.

It's too bad they've gone back to the Saga Frontier character designer though(did he do the sagas before Frontier also? It would make sense if he did then he does the remake also I guess.....). I'd much prefer Naora's art in Unlimited over his. Oh well..still looks good.

Tomomi Kobayashi did the illustrations/character designs for all three Romancing Sagas and both Saga Frontiers, along with illustrations for Unlimited Saga. Here's her official site.

Yusuke Naora is involved with Minstrel Song (look at the bottom of the scan), but I don't know if he's doing character designs.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
jarrod said:
They should port the WSC Remakes of SaGa I and Romancing SaGa I to GBA to go along with this. :)

There was a WSC port of RS1? But IAWTP... I liked SaGa 1 a whole lot on GB, lotta good memories from that game, even though it was primitive by today's standards.

Zilch

Banned
Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Tomomi Kobayashi did the illustrations/character designs for all three Romancing Sagas and both Saga Frontiers, along with illustrations for Unlimited Saga. Here's her official site.

Yusuke Naora is involved with Minstrel Song (look at the bottom of the scan), but I don't know if he's doing character designs.

I really liked Naora as a lead artist too. Hopefully he'll get more chances at it in the future.

Top Bottom