• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Sims 2 review..

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Your pathetic attempt to create controversy and discord on our boards has FAILED, Anihawk (if that is your real name).

That's an 8 out of 10, folks. Don't let this miscreant steer you wrong.

AniHawk

bishoptl said:
Your pathetic attempt to create controversy and discord on our boards has FAILED, Anihawk (if that is your real name).

That's an 8 out of 10, folks. Don't let this miscreant steer you wrong.

LIES!

golem

sounds cool.. luckily i never caught a serious sims addiction because my sister made off with the discs soon after i got them.

I don't think I should play this game. Once the expansions and user created content reached retarded levels in The Sims, I couldn't play anymore. I could only fiddle with skin and mesh files for days, making sure complete furniture sets were added, making sure every character had a unique skin for normal, formal, bed, and swim.

I could not stand to play the game in a disorganized or "im-complete" fashion, because I'm such a control freak; but I'd acquired so much content, and done such a poor job of organizing it when I did so, that it was too much for me to pull together. I was too anal not to have everything i wanted, but too lazy to finish building it. I've lost a full week to this game and never actually booted it up. Gah!!!!

Although, I did just get a GT... Bet it would run nice....

dem

I played the sims long enough to get some lesbian love going... thats about it.
Boring as a game gets. Its a frickin dollhouse.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dem said:
I played the sims long enough to get some lesbian love going... thats about it.
Boring as a game gets. Its a frickin dollhouse.

That's a fair term to use, but in this dollhouse, your dolls live, they do stuff :p That makes things interesting..

The level of interaction between the sims etc. should be much better in this one too.

Pimpbaa

Is there actual differences between the sexes this time? I remember in the first, if a guy came home to find his wife with another woman, he goes and slaps the other woman like a sissy (come on buddy, that's a possible threesome!).

Movies I saw made me want to buy stuff like cheatingon your sim wife geting caught by the NPC sister who beat the shit out of the hussie and tell on you. some of the sim to sim relations was pretty cool looking. Yet having been a fan of the first sims once bitten twice shy I don't feel like buying a $30 add on every 3 or 4 months of SSDD stuff that "we wantd to add in from the get go" for the next 2 years.

Also the really great sikn. object, user made ad-on site I either forgot, have closed or become Pay sites :(

Top Bottom