• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FLASHBACK: Amusing Xbox PR gaffe

Rhindle

They obviously meant to say "ONLINE games out of the box" if you read the rest of paragraph in the press release.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Rhindle said:
They obviously meant to say "ONLINE games out of the box" if you read the rest of paragraph in the press release.

Which is incorrect, since you have to buy xbox live

Drensch said:
That is the key as to why Xbox2 won't have backwards compatibility.

Yes, it is clearly a legal thing.. i hear MS is in negotations with MS regarding opening up their strict Xbox games only being played on Xbox stance..

So the rumors of the PS2 and GameCube playing XBox titles is bogus?

Semi-related - I worked in retail when the Xbox was first announced, and somehow, a rumor got started that the Xbox could play PC and Playstation games also. It wasn't just one person's idiocy, I had several people asking (really telling) about how the Xbox could play more than just Xbox games.

This does not beat the lens flare heard 'round the world. Also I seem to remember a quote stating the Xbox was the first 4-player console as well...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
metsallica said:
This does not beat the lens flare heard 'round the world. Also I seem to remember a quote stating the Xbox was the first 4-player console as well...

Hehe, I remember that day when I posted on the IGN Boards.
the user Onimusha first started it
I wish I saved some of the images :)

In regarding to it playing PSX, PS2, PC games, I heard that one too. I wonder where it started? and who was dumb enough to belive it?

Top Bottom