• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FM2005 release date announced

LONDON, September 23rd 2004 - Sports Interactive and SEGA have today announced the release date of their eagerly-awaited football management PC game, Football Manager 2005 for PC-CDROM and Mac. Football Manager 2005 the new football management simulation from the award-winning Sports Interactive team, the creators of the Championship Manager® series, will be released across Europe on November 5th 2004.

News of the release date falls on the same day that Football Manager Magazine, in association with Future Publishing, hits the shelves with the only cover-mounted Beta Demo of Football Manager 2005.

"Ever since we first announced Football Manager 2005 back in February, we've consistently been asked two questions: 'When is it coming out?' and 'Will it be as good as your other games?', " commented Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. "Now, at last, we're in a position to answer the first question and, from November 5th, people will find out for themselves that the answer to the second question is 'No...it's better'."

Yay best sports management game. I do hope they manage to beat Championship Manager 5 in sales. The big worry is people will just see the brand name and not know thats its nothing like the previous games. I have noticed on their ad's for FM2005 they have all mentioned that its by the original makers of the cm series

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Thats gonna be one hell of a week.

Halo 2 vs FM will be a very interesting sales fight too, i think Champ Man 4 was the fastest selling game ever in the UK.

pilonv1

I think a large majority of CM users are smart enough to know SI have their own series now. Some of the casuals won't care but I doubt any of the hardcore CM fans will play CM5.

Top Bottom