• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLD EVERTON

HOLD!!!!

Or Win pls.

ibu2Pryc9YGNS7.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Boring, that. Expected more based off the last few.

Draw not a bad result for us. We absolutely have to take advantage. Have to. No excuses.

FootballFan

Wow

Dreadful game. Just nothing.

The Cazorla of derby matches.

Why do I stay awake until 8.15am for this.

Brendan, don't fkin take off Coutinho next time.

Worst match of the season

Mignolet, Skrtel and Ibe the only players I can't fault. Ridiculously negative tactics from the 70th minute onwards, stopped pressing altogether.

Spurs is must win now.

If Coutinho wasn't injured, leaving Gerrard on was insane.

ATF487

Really disappointed with that, since Southampton and Spurs won. Defense looked a little wobbly too

Come on West Ham, do the business tomorrow

wedward

Going through the thread during Arsenal vs Spurs

ehjwr7R.png

Jesus christ :lol

Ughhhh I don't know what to doooo then. I like the act of having something in my hand which I can slide into my mouth, take a suck and breathe out.
OVsk9Ou.png
A loss doesnt change what I was saying. We came with a gameplan and stuck to it.

Bakkus

Best PL match last season: Everton 3 - 3 Liverpool
Worst match this season: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

Shows how much both teams have regressed.

CCS

Banned
I hope Liverpool finish outside the top 4 as punishment for being involved in that absolute wankstain of a match.

Empty

that little moment from barkley was the only aspect of that game worth mentioning. shame it didn't lead to a goal.

pulga

Banned
Get yourself some lollipops. m9.

Imagining myself sucking on a lollipop while out at the bar. I'd never get laid again. Scum pls.

You could try a mixture of gum for the cravings and vaping without nicotine for the oral fixation.

Honestly, I think the ritual of smoking was the most difficult part to overcome, moreso than the nicotine itself. I still have occasional desires to just have a cigarette in my hand, take a deep drag, and exhale wreathed in a cloud of smoke - especially when I'm driving or watching something like Mad Men. But those are fleeting urges, and the improvement in the overall condition of your body will far outweigh such moments in the long run.

I think with me it's the ritual moreso than the nicotine. Having a cig after eating, taking a crap, watching a game or when I'm out drinking have been habits of mine for 8 years already.

And absolutely spot on with the Mad Men, I always find myself smoking when that shit is on :lol AMC pls.

I don't mess with pens enough to know tbh. I have a mind that's thinking non-stop so gum helps me a lot. If it's not the habit but the nicotine addiction, give the nicotine gum a shot.

Lol and yes I know that feeling of being knackered so early in a small game. I started playing consistently every weekend again with coworkers and randoms that show up just a couple months ago and it's a great motivator to improve your fitness.

It's just devastating to find out you can't even do a single full speed sprint without needing to sit out for a while ;_; My team's right wing needs me!

Have you looked into the availability Arsenal branded water bottles?

wat :lol

A loss doesnt change what I was saying. We came with a gameplan and stuck to it.

Think that was the problem though. At no time did someone turn around and go 'yeah maybe this isn't working chaps'. It's nice that Wenger's coming to matches with game plans now but that doesn't remove his responsibility for managing his team during the game.

ATF487

Not sure why people can't give Joe Allen even a tiny ounce of credit, he did well for me today.

It took him 10 minutes or so to get going but I thought he did OK. Seemed to provide an option and retreat if it wasn't played to him. Not as incisive with his passing as Lucas though

Allen did okay

Still need better though. Really don't understand why we conceded control like that. We were struggling enough before, then we hit a tipping point where we just decided not to even try probing for chances or winning the ball quickly

Think that was the problem though. At no time did someone turn around and go 'yeah maybe this isn't working chaps'. It's nice that Wenger's coming to matches with game plans now but that doesn't remove his responsibility for managing his team during the game.

Bang on. They played almost the same at 0-0 as they did at 0-1, 1-1 and even at 2-1.

Fair enough I suppose. The one thing we can take from that is that Gerrard needs to be put out to pasture in the MLS. Just doesn't have it any more.

I'm okay with him leaving, but we'll miss his near perfect penalty kicks and his behind the scenes leadership. I was always hoping the club could hide him a bit more. Unless you get a PK, he's a general liability.

I'm sick that he's at LA though. He'll be fine in MLS.

I think with me it's the ritual moreso than the nicotine. Having a cig after eating, taking a crap, watching a game or when I'm out drinking have been habits of mine for 8 years already.

And absolutely spot on with the Mad Men, I always find myself smoking when that shit is on :lol AMC pls.
The rhythms that cigarettes instill in you are difficult to overcome, but the gum is surprisingly good at assuaging the urges at times like these. Mad Men - hell, I pop a piece in my mouth before I start the episode.

Vaping will destroy these rhythms, though. Rather than a smoke after a shit, you'll find yourself vaping while shitting; instead of one after a meal, you'll be sneaking puffs between courses; instead of one last cig before bed, it'll be multiple puffs while you're laying there supposedly trying to go to sleep. Why? Because you can; and because you'll come to crave it and need it more and more. You'll have so many of these micro-smokes that it'll no longer be like punctuations to your day, but one incessant period of puffing.

And if you're like me, it'll put you on edge all day. Your heart will always seem just a bit too quick; your nerves will always seem a bit too reactive; your mood will always seem a bit too irritated.

Trust me, it's worth it to fight these urges and chew a piece of gum here and there instead.

Bollocks to the shots on target stat btw

Of the 6, Robles didn't have to stretch himself once. Neither of us deserve a point for that shite.

Need to improve a lot on Tuesday. Clean sheet. Delude ourselves into thinking a point is a good result, form goes out the window, Everton made it difficult and all that shite, move on.

Sturridge has no chance of scoring when we employ those tactics btw

CCS

Banned
I'm okay with him leaving, but we'll miss his near perfect penalty kicks and his behind the scenes leadership. I was always hoping the club could hide him a bit more. Unless you get a PK, he's a general liability.

I'm sick that he's at LA though. He'll be fine in MLS.

Gerrard would be ideally suited if football did an American Football thing and allowed a player to come on just to take free kicks and penalties :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom