• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha Franco Mussis showing off a card he got

LBDk8eR.png

"Thank you so much for your incredible goal in the mini brøndby derby the other day. Thank You also for the way you used your elbow in the same game. We hope to have this ferocity in the future. We hate brøndby"

sepedk.gif

I enjoy the passion on display here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As a result however, most of you act like the guy that hasn't gotten any for 3 years, and now when finally close, spills it all on the welcome mat, before anything has been done anywhere except in your head.

Manchester United fan: hey gurl, wanna go out for drinks tomorrow?

gurl: No, no, no.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

MU fan to his friends: she meant 'no' for tomorrow, so we're defo going next week. I'm buying condoms

Was he supposed to say yes? He's being hounded by reporters at the airport.

anything but a hattrick of NOs surely?

"We'll see"

"Talk to my agent"

"I don't know"

"*ignores reporter*"

"*blushes*"

"Yes, yes, yes!"

"OH BABY"

"are you going to United"

"No, no, no."

what does that mean then?

what was he supposed to say again? "No, I do not want to go to Manchester United Football Club" ?

Do you think if he does want to move to United he would've said 'yes' or 'maybe' or 'sogno possible' or 'rumbo'?

The whole interview was meaningless. What will be decisive is his meeting with Allegri I would've thought.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you think if he does want to move to United he would've said 'yes' or 'maybe' or 'sogno possible' or 'rumbo'?

The whole interview was meaningless. What will be decisive is his meeting with Allegri I would've thought.

Yeah pretty much. But my point was: don't fucking spin his quote to your favour or call it fake because it's fucking pathetic. edit: well not you, them.

FootballFan

What is this premface bullshit? You clearly don't know anything about the financial history and current standing of this club.

Not only, as bobito states, do we have revenue roughly equivalent to Newcastle, but also we're fifth in Serie A for revenue (behind Milan, Juve, Inter, and Roma), while turning a profit when practically all our competitors in the league are incurring losses year after year (including all four of the aforementioned clubs).

Our owner isn't the sort of fool who simply splashes cash for whatever new names he can get down on a contract. We've done that before, and it ran us into bankruptcy a decade ago. Now we sell high and buy low when we can - which sometimes might have us groveling for loans when we're not selling anyone (we've tried to sell/trade both Behrami and Dzemaili this summer to finance some new midfielders, but we haven't had any takers yet).

But despite what might seem like a sorry state based on our mercato this summer, we'll still out-compete teams with far more money (like Tottenham) this season.

Ether'd

Wait, Nick Powell's going on tour now?

Apparently that was always the plan - although that seems a bit weird to me, I don't think he was injured or anything. But anyway yeah he is now.

Wonder where he will be used. I was actually thinking earlier about the midfield and what type of player we even need there. Because there is the "number 10" role, then where Herrera played which is more box-to-box and then where Fletcher played which was a deeper anchoring type role.

Obv it's a squad game but even if we annoy Yurt and signed Vidal, or took a rise on Strootman - now or in Jan - I'm not sure where everyone fits in.

Apparently that was always the plan - although that seems a bit weird to me, I don't think he was injured or anything. But anyway yeah he is now.

Wonder where he will be used. I was actually thinking earlier about the midfield and what type of player we even need there. Because there is the "number 10" role, then where Herrera played which is more box-to-box and then where Fletcher played which was a deeper anchoring type role.

Obv it's a squad game but even if we annoy Yurt and signed Vidal, or took a rise on Strootman - now or in Jan - I'm not sure where everyone fits in.

They should fit in easily I think.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How could you have all the football talent you would want, play for one of the biggest teams in the world and be lazy

It baffles the mind

GorillaJu

The whole idea of Liverpool being in for Vidal is just absurd anyway. Every year there's some huge renowned European talent that we're trying to sign but doesn't come off. Last year we tried to get Robben, the year before that Sneijder.

Maybe our dudes are indeed talking to Juve about Vidal but why would we? It'd be spending so much money on the area of our squad that we need the least work on.

We'll probably hear "Liverpool tried to sign Rafael Varane" in 6 months it something.

They should fit in easily I think.
Well how? For arguments sake:

Vidal----Andy
-----Mata-----

There's not much balance there as far as I can tell.

Although I remember LvG said that he thinks the midfield triangle should be inverted the other way around so one sitting and two more others, but we won't play that way in a 352. Which is another interesting point because I don't think we will play 352 under Van Gaal if he gets all the players he wants over the next few windows.

FootballFan

I still don't get the amazing opinions on the Bayern away kit to be honest.

That grey bar is a terrible idea and makes the kit look worse when it's not tucked in. And really, which mango eater does still tuck his football shirt in?

The top of the kit is kinda nice until you realize it's basically the Dutch flag :lol

Jealousy leaking through your post.

That Bayern kit is one of the best kits of all time.

Well how? For arguments sake:

Vidal----Andy
-----Mata-----

There's not much balance there as far as I can tell.

Although I remember LvG said that he thinks the midfield triangle should be inverted the other way around so one sitting and two more others, but we won't play that way in a 352. Which is another interesting point because I don't think we will play 352 under Van Gaal if he gets all the players he wants over the next few windows.

382ysku.png

But yes, I think if we get more signings another formation is better suited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom