• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqpccN7R6CWUV.gif

edit: wrong gif

382ysku.png

But yes, I think if we get more signings another formation is better suited.
I think it would be a waste really to pay like £50m for a player and then not use them in their best role.

Though yeah, what I could see is us switching to a 433 next year if we get better CBs and better CM's. Obviously that would then mean we only use one striker and we'd also need better wide players.

Basically, I think 352 is a short term solution to get the best out of what we have right now.

Clegg

I think it would be a waste really to pay like £50m for a player and then not use them in their best role.

Though yeah, what I could see is us switching to a 433 next year if we get better CBs and better CM's. Obviously that would then mean we only use one striker and we'd also need better wide players.

Basically, I think 352 is a short term solution to get the best out of what we have right now.
If we're looking at the short term then a solid DM is probably needed. Play him in the holding role behind Herrera and Mata for the time being and keep looking for the quality mid who can conduct play.

Uchida did some voice acting for the Pokemon movie?

Don't lose to him Kagawa. You may ride the bench, but you're still a United player. Infinitely more popular than a Schalke player.

Jorge Luis Pinto leaves Costa Rica

http://youtu.be/6oLSF3I5AVA

for the non spanish speakers

- he wasnt allowed to choose his own technical staff.
- someone (more than likely Wanchope asked the pres to sack hi, he thought CR wasnt even goint to make it to the WC)
- Issues with people in the staff not being 100% compromised with the project.

Once again centroamerica shows why they are in a second tier of football despite having the talent.

Suggestions of Cech to Real? Is that old?

Wouldn't be that surprising. Hopefully we get a good price and/or whatever player Jose wants from them (Varanne or Khedira)

Jorge Luis Pinto leaves Costa Rica

http://youtu.be/6oLSF3I5AVA

for the non spanish speakers

- he wasnt allowed to choose his own technical staff.
- someone (more than likely Wanchope asked the pres to sack hi, he thought CR wasnt even goint to make it to the WC)
- Issues with people in the staff not being 100% compromised with the project.

Once again centroamerica shows why they are in a second tier of football despite having the talent.

I would be giving that guy a new bumber contract

Unbelievable

Blablurn

There is a pro jew movement going on in Germany. It's like all on TV and the Internet lately. Fighting the negative spirit on the street.

ESPN say Man United are looking at other defensive targets and have given up on Hummels. Also looking for a wing back and wide forward.

'The new Old Trafford boss is determined to sign a high-quality central defender to anchor his tactical approach, and also wishes to bring in a wing-back and a wide player who can operate further forward, with Angel Di Maria's name mentioned as an option for the latter.'

scently

If we're looking at the short term then a solid DM is probably needed. Play him in the holding role behind Herrera and Mata for the time being and keep looking for the quality mid who can conduct play.

I asked earlier if Vidal can play the defensive/anchor role because I know him as a b2b midfielder, and that's his best position. While its all fine and good to want him in our team I feel the b2b role is already taken up by Herrera and the most forward midfield role is suited to the likes of mata & co. So what we need is 2 defensive mids for now; preferably Strootman as I see him as the natural replacement for Carrick; strong, can read the game well and can venture forward. And a pure DM like De jong.

I would be giving that guy a new bumber contract

Unbelievable
yeah its trully disgusting, but the way latinamerican football moves is similar to that of a mafia organisation, 2-3 people control it, they usually plant a mole in every single technical staff.

Also, Pinto wanted to do something similar to what Germany did in the early 2000s revamping their youth system. it was denied.

PInto is always having issues everywhere he goes, so take his words very lightly
He is a very strict coash no doubt about it, but you cant deny he gets results.

Slizz

If the reports on what we bid for Hummels are anything to go by, we weren't trying to get him. Don't care what people are saying.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wouldnt be half surprised if we just sure up our defence and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom