• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Well it is a game first, simulation second.

In real life cartoon_soldier would probably have to take an assistant or coaching position first having flopped at his first managerial position, or perhaps a youth team role. Or maybe it would take months and months to find a new job. But FM can't have long periods where the player just does nothing, it would be boring.

So there'll be some positions open soon, and he'll get accepted even above other better candidates that might be available in the database.
Plz its so realistic people use it for betting.

Tc91

Ducker piece:
BtZlEZfIgAAlCuf.jpg:large

Wow. What a fucking waste.

GorillaJu

6qkzL9t.gif

What a tank

Such a good big game player as well. Didn't he have some mad Wembley scoring record

Yep. I know it's heresy to suggest it but of the "great" Premier League strikers, I prefer Drogba over Henry. He was so dynamic and entertaining to watch in his prime.

Hey GAF are there players on a rival teams you wish you didn't like but wanted them on your team.

My Top 3 are:

Lampard (Prime)
Ferdinand prime (Him and Sol would've been beasts)
More recently Bale (I only hated him because he played for Tottenham )

Had a soft spot for Hasslebank too

GorillaJu

Holy fuck, crazy news in my hometown. Dude three houses away from ours killed his wife and stuffed her body in a storage locker, then tried to burn the house down.

My mom says he was a wreck, pretending his wife was missing and he didn't know where he was, she actually held his hand and tried to comfort him. My mom has seen some shit :lol my god

Freddy Perez Rodas, 27, was arrested Wednesday night and booked into the Southwest Detention Center on suspicion of murder, arson and child endangerment in connection with the death of 25-year-old Laura Perez, an Escondido police officer.

Murrieta police Lt. Tony Conrad alleged that Rodas shot his wife in the chest during a domestic dispute sometime Wednesday in their house at 24562 Grand Oaks Court.

She died at the scene, after which the suspect allegedly transported her body to a Moreno Valley storage locker. Rodas then allegedly returned to the house and set fire to it. Fire crews arrived around 6:30 p.m. and extinguished the flames a short time later, immediately identifying the cause of the blaze as arson, Conrad said.

He said Rodas, who called to report the fire, had also reported his wife missing.

"During questioning overnight, Rodas admitted killing his wife and burning the location in an attempt to cover up the crime," according to Conrad, who said Rodas took detectives to where he had dumped his wife's remains.

The couple's 4-year-old child was not harmed and is now in the care of extended family, the lieutenant said.

L1NETT

Wow, Viva was right about Wilfried.

Oi

I slagged him off before too

gimme some kudos

Yep. I know it's heresy to suggest it but of the "great" Premier League strikers, I prefer Drogba over Henry. He was so dynamic and entertaining to watch in his prime.

Not for me, but I can see why. Both fantastic though but Henry takes the biscuit. That Arsenal team was really exciting to watch.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Still remember the piece Holloway wrote on Zaha last year and how he does himself no favours, who the fuck is advising this kid?

GorillaJu

I also called Zaha being shit, but to be fair I call every United player shit. And to be more fair that makes me correct 95% of the time.

Hey GAF are there players on a rival teams you wish you didn't like but wanted them on your team.

My Top 3 are:

Lampard (Prime)
Ferdinand prime (Him and Sol would've been beasts)
More recently Bale (I only hated him because he played for Tottenham )

Had a soft spot for Hasslebank too

Villa
Dinho
Rivaldo

Cant hate em

Henry was alot more entertaining that Drogba IMO.

There is something fascinating about watching a brute force like Drogba just outpower teams though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Half the issue is we buy young prospects with potential but they havent shown it and they assume, because we bought them, they have made it, all they got was an opportunity and they dont realise that.

GorillaJu

Henry was alot more entertaining that Drogba IMO.

There is something fascinating about watching a brute force like Drogba just outpower teams though.

More skillful? Yes. More entertaining, though... I stand my ground. Drogba just embodies everything about the PL. Speed, power, aggression, excitement.

Salvadora

Henry > Drogba any day of the week.

But there is something about a physical player absolutely dominating the pitch like we saw in prime Drogba.

Cuddler

Juventus had their first friendly today against an Eccellenza team called Lucento and we lost 3-2, loooooooool.

itshappening.gif

inky

Ducker piece:
BtZlEZfIgAAlCuf.jpg:large

Wow. What a fucking waste.

LOL, you'd have to be pretty dense to not get the hint when a new manager who is deciding most people's futures tells you something like that.

CTGToWi.png

Will the board fire me or not? Taking bets!

Is it regular season? I think they fire you on table position based on expectations, not necessarily for one specific result. That's quite the achievement tho, LOL.

GorillaJu

Big teams lose friendlies all the time, especially their first few of the season.

Managers send them out to get their fitness levels up and to test formations while opposition teams often see it as their opportunity to get one over on the big boys.

The only manager who treats friendlies like balls out cup finals is Van Gaal, and we all saw the result of that.

sohois

Zaha vs Ince :lol

Both shite.

Can you imagine:

--------------Carroll---------------
Ince-----------------------------Zaha
------Wilshire-----Clev------------
--------------Spearing-------------
Bertrand-Jones-Smalling-Kelly
-----------------Butland--------------

what might have been

gigi_salmon: Guess who's back.....DIDIER DROGBA returns to Chelsea FC on a 1 year deal #returnofalegend #cfc http://t.co/0JzOEzbVvg

BtZthHdIUAA57Qm.jpg

#returnofalegend

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the return of Didier Drobga. The striker has signed a one-year contract.

Drogba of course needs no introduction.

When he came to the end of his previous contract in 2012 it was only weeks after he had stroked the ball from the penalty spot into the Bayern Munich net to place Chelsea on top of the European summit for the first time.

His earlier equalising header in that Champions League final was his 157th goal in 341 appearances, a total placing him fourth in the club's all-time highest-scorer list.

On signing his contract, Drogba said: ‘It was an easy decision - I couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again. Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me.

‘My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter of my career.’

Jose Mourinho said: ‘He’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe. I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for this club previously. He is coming with the mentality to make more history.’

His 34 goals in European competition remains a Chelsea record, as do his nine strikes in nine cup finals.

During the Ivorian’s first eight years with the club, Drogba won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups as well as the Champions League triumph. He has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year and has won the Premier League Golden Boot twice.

Since leaving Chelsea in 2012 he has played for Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray, memorably making a return to Stamford Bridge last season when we beat the Turkish club in the Champions League Round of 16.

He has continued his international career and appeared in all three of Ivory Coast’s games at the World Cup, taking his caps total to 104 with 63 goals scored.

drogba-signs.img.png

GorillaJu

Drogba never did this.

SilverClumsyKodiakbear.gif

No he didn't really score goals like that. He'd more likely take one touch with his back to goal, then swing around and rocket it into the top corner from outside the box. Different types of strikers. Henry is the better player, but Drogba is my favorite Premier League player behind Steven Gerrard, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom