• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SL_KingCakeBaby.jpg

ok ok

I guess this one is alright too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704494

testicle10n-4-web.jpg

testicle10n-2-web.jpg

wedward

And if Wilshere missed 17 months from 2011-2013, that means he's missed nearly 20 in the past 3 years. I'm not really sure you can understate how huge that is to the development of a player in his late teens/early 20s. If his biggest issue is that he's trying to do too much, that sounds like one of the better problems you can have.

Yup, imagine what missing that much time at that age does to your confidence.

Add in the pressure that the fans/medis put on him when he returned after missing 17 months.

Salvadora

£27m for Schneirderlin is batshit but they are entitled to dig in, he's the only established top player they've got left. For that money I'd rather buy Griezmann and let Sandro and Capoue have a go.
I would spend £27m for Schneiderlin.

He is the final piece of the puzzle.

I think he said they wouldn't spend any more money if I recall. Tiago and Drogba were meant to be free. Obviously the first didn't happen though.

Nah he actually said "The transfer market closes 31 August and we close our market on July 19. We finished the market today,”. Not that anyone should believe that in the first place.

Meier

I've just seen that it actually is free, but United could earn €3m in add ons.
Probably if they win the Champions League or some sort of completely unattainable add-on. I predicted it'd be free with maybe €1-2m at most.

#IAMITK

omgkitty

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 4m

ohh sh*** Antoine Griezmann found an agreement with Atletico Madrid (@lasextatv & @javigomezsexta)

tumblr_mcbpyr1zjj1riiw1do1_250.gif

jtb

Banned
Wenger sells RVP, names Wilshere the heir apparent. after he missed an entire season (!!!!) and wouldn't play for another three months. if that's not putting a huge amount of pressure on him, I don't know what is.

Wilshere could still become a world class footballer, personally I believe he has lacked confidence since his injury.

Confidence is the last thing he's lacking, imo. he needs discipline. he was never a Gerrard-type in his first season. you can't play in the two deeper roles if you're not disciplined and he's nowhere near being as good as Gerrard in his prime so Wenger can't play him anywhere without him being a severe liability. He just needs to get back to basics and start playing to win instead of playing to the highlight reel.

Salvadora

Cause it often makes sense to lie. Maybe not in relations to the Drogba transfer, but saying you are happy with your squad and it's done makes sense, sends a signal that your players aren't desperate for new players or to sell anyone.
Surely that doesn't have much of an impact when you bring in a another (former!) player in the next week.

Just seems so unnecessary when he does it.
Tony Evans seems to think Agger will only leave if two centre backs come in.

Interesting.
Why are you stockpiling CBs?

3Sixty

Saints/Bournemouth being streamed on YouTube tonight.

If anyone fancies seeing which players Liverpool will sign in January.

Surely that doesn't have much of an impact when you bring in a another (former!) player in the next week.

Just seems so unnecessary when he does it.

Well maybe he just wanted to praise the ones actually doing the transfers for him too.

But you are more than welcome to make your own analysis why he lies, meanwhile he and the club will be stealing your transfer targets in the last minute.
kYFVZc5.png

wedward

He just needs to get back to basics and start playing to win instead of playing to the highlight reel.

He really doesn't though.

Ramsey did this when he sucked.

I think he holds onto the ball too long because he isn't confident enough to make a risky pass or go past players like he used to.

He actually gets disposed less than he did in 2010/2011.

Tony Evans seems to think Agger will only leave if two centre backs come in.

Interesting.

Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, Agger, Toure (if needs be)

I'm okay with that

2 left-footed, 3 right footed. 3 who can play on either side.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why I'd be happy with that. It's the exact same defensive unit as the one we had last year, only with Lovren added to it :s

Walshy

Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, Agger, Toure (if needs be)

I'm okay with that

2 left-footed, 3 right footed. 3 who can play on either side.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why I'd be happy with that. It's the exact same defensive unit as the one we had last year, only with Lovren added to it :s
Because as a fanbase, we expect Sakho to improve a lot I guess?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom